Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Recommended by or invented by? The Z looks well, Granville, but I don't think much of those speed humps on your drive. Did you hear Matt that Will got banned btw? Shame really as he was a decent bloke with some interesting stories. Those speed bumps are genius I tell you. Strategically placed to stop any grounding out of the underneath of my car as I get on & off the sh**ty drive.
  2. Good to know Veeg. Blueprint do loads of great OEM spec Japanese parts so I'm sure you'll never have to worry about that again.
  3. Definitely funnier than some of the tours I've been on.
  4. DRL mod look's good but I'm surprised about the rear windscreen washer motor pump. Searched for ages for an aftermarket replacement but couldn't find anything. Might be cool if you could post up the part number for others in the future although it's not very often that these things fail. Good to know that there is a cheaper alternative to the OEM one though.
  5. I tell you something I like that I've only seen on literally one or two 350Z's is when the rear bumper has been modified to accommodate the 370Z rear diffuser. Like Darryl's (Jumping350) below... Source: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83958-jumping350-build-pic-heavy-small-update-154/page__st__160#entry1466321 That is a very cool thing to do imo and it also means you can have two reverse lights with the rear fog light being the original 370Z one after the mod. What do you think?
  6. ^^ Definitely agree Alex. Hopefully it will all come good for Danny.
  7. I know the one you mean Veeg (it just goes on the end of a hose pipe rather than a jet washer). I've used the Demon snow foam before and tbh I was happy with it and with a proper snow foam gun it works pretty well too. Still the Demon snow foam is poor compared with the likes of the "Pro Valet" & "Bilt Hamber" snow foams. It just doesn't give you as thick shaving foam like coverage that you get from the better snow foams or remove as much dirt.
  8. Welcome aboard Nick.
  9. The tax difference really isn't a lot ~ if you can get the HR engined Zed then that's what I'd do. Just remember that the most important thing (imo anyway) is the service history rather then the miles it's covered. 350Z service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/
  10. Thanks Veeg and good to know. The problem with the snow foam gun that I'm guessing you're on about (the genuine Karcher one) is that they're never very good really. Had several in the past and the difference between them and one of the proper snow foam guns is unreal. Have a read of this if you get 5 mins spare: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84321-what-a-difference-a-snow-foam-gun-can-make/
  11. Thanks and definitely plan on enjoying the week off. So far the weather look's good so can't wait. Fyi you can get the adapters separately on eBay if you know what it look's like/model etc. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNOW-FOAM-LANCE-ADAPTORS-BOSCH-KARCHER-LAVOR-KRANZLE-NEW-IN-STOCK-/161115610508?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25833d1d8c What kit have you got at the moment? For £150 odd you could get everything you need to keep the Zed top notch mate. Less if you buy a used pressure jet washer. Karcher K2 ~ http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/cleaning-body-repair/pressure-washers-hoses/karcher-k2-compact-pressure-washer Snow foam gun ~ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Karcher-K-Series-Compatible-Snow-Foam-Lance-/291431782294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43dab01796 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-Washer-Jet-Wash-Karcher-K-Series-Compatible-Snow-Foam-Lance-/161660075024?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a3b0fc10 Snow foam ~ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Valetpro-PH-Neutral-Snow-Foam-5-litres-Detailing-/121592003822?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c4f72bcee Bucket filled with detailing goodies (from Ricey) ~ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/85630-detailing-buckets-filled-with-goodies-4047/ Worth considering getting some detailing/cleaning bits as it's kit that you'll need for any car to keep it in good condition.
  12. Welcome aboard Simon. My old man has owned 2 TVRs in the past with his last one being a Cerbera 4.5. Which engine did you have? The Cerbera was the best one he ever had & most reliable too although it started giving him back problems using it daily so he let it go for a BMW in the end.
  13. Tight to you might be loose to somebody else though. Always best to do things properly instead. Fixed that for you. Cheers Matt. Needed doing really.
  14. So today I decided to time myself whilst cleaning the car as I had heard some people saying it literally takes them 2-3hrs just to clean their cars. Now I know I'm quick at cleaning a car as my first real job at 16 was working as a valet for a car sales garage here in Cardiff plus I've had lot's of practice over the years on my own cars but still my OCD when working on my own car would slow me down some I thought. Not true. Start to finish it took me 50 minutes and that includes getting out all the equipment, connecting up hose, filling buckets etc. It was also a good day to try out my new snow foam as recommended to me by Whacky Will. The snow foam is "Pro Valet PH neutral" snow foam and tbh I'm very impressed with it (pic below). In case anyone wants to buy some Valet Pro here's a link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Valet-PRO-pH-Neutral-Snow-Foam-5-Litre-/371160133328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item566ade2ed0 Process was: Hoover interior including boot, mats, dash etc. Jet wash. Snow foam. Jet wash. Intensive tar remover (to get rid of some tar spots). Two bucket wash. Jet wash. Clean exhaust & alloy wheels. Jet wash. Dry car body. Dry alloys & exhaust (different drying towel to body). Tidy up & time for a rest. Got a week off now so it's definitely going to be getting some use this week and Castle Combe next Saturday so I will definitely be washing it again before that.
  15. My house is a few miles from a Quarry, ...car regularly gets covered in sandy/dusty rain. Weekly washing keeps on top of it but still it's gutting when it does happen.
  16. Some progress then. Excited for you Ian.
  17. I once bought a "Password JDM" tow hook for my Civic Type R from a US site thinking I was saving money over the prices here in the UK. It was $49 odd (£32est) delivered to the UK and at the time that was cheap as they where £59 odd here. Anyway I waited for it to come and eventually I got a letter from Royal Mail saying it was ready for collection at my local sorting office but there where some customs charges to pay first. Ended up paying around an extra £39 odd (customs duty/import VAT/handling charge) making it even more expensive than if I had just bought one from the UK. I was lucky though as I complained to the US seller who said if I could prove the extra costs I had to pay then they would refund me some of the costs. I scanned the letter from Royal Mail showing the costs I paid and they did in fact refund me the extra I paid for the customs duty charge. Still ended up costing me more though & being more hassle than if I had just paid for the one from the UK in the first place.
  18. Another good episode. Love how they did the vents in the scuttle panel. Looked very cool in the end.
  19. Let us know if you have any problems.
  20. It also depends though on the style of the alloy (spokes specifically).
  21. ^^ Oh well too late now for him Neil. I know Trig on here just recently imported some throttle bodies for his 350Z engine from the states and he got stung for £150 when they landed this end. Bearing in mind they will have weighed less than that flywheel. Hope it get's through customs quickly for you Danny and somehow escapes any customs charges.
  22. More info here: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_18_Inch_Set_Rota_Torque_Wheels/350z-18350ZROTTorque.aspx Pm Chris from Tarmac Sportz on here & he'll sort you out a good deal I'm sure.
  23. no way it can be uprev at £250 the unlock licence costs about that. It's not an UpRev he's getting hence the "*awaits money back*" from evilscorp.
  24. Pretty sure it was a 5mm straight pipe you'd need. You could always just get a drill bit & drill out your old non return valve though. It will most likely just have a small spring inside it & a rubber valve.
  25. Can't believe I'm going to say it but the Skoda of those two.
×
×
  • Create New...