Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Exactly my thoughts. Well done Andy.
  2. I hope not. From someone who has never done a track day, and still wondering if I should or not, this video has put me right off! As others have said this is not a normal track day. It was £35 pre-booked to get on the track for a 15 minute session and £40 on the day. This makes it a cheap affordable way to get on track which nowadays seems to attract a lot of chav type idiots and no holds barred wanna be racers. Back when I first started doing track days/action days like this in 1997 it was a lot quieter and safer with most people attending being fairly sensible. Heck when I first started doing it you didn't even have to wear helmets in tin top cars and you were allowed hand held VHS cameras the size of breeze blocks in the car. It's a shame really as these track/action days used to be a great way to get on track especially for beginners, amateurs or people who couldn't afford the more expensive track days. As Jetpilot/docwra & a few others have said the best way nowadays seems to be either on a club/forum arranged track day or the dedicated track days arranged by the circuits themselves or dedicated companies like MSV, Trackdays.co.uk etc. Link: http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/castle-combe.htm Link: http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car.aspx They cost more money to do with prices starting from around £99 for a full day but most have an open pit lane policy and are much better managed.
  3. Welcome aboard Dario.
  4. I've been to Japfest lot's of times and tbh I'm not a fan purely because it is so, so busy. It is a great event but one year it took me almost 2 hours just to get out of the car park which was pretty infuriating. You are right though I should really have booked some track time on the Zed dedicated sessions at Japfest as I know the drivers on that would have at least been a bit safer to be on track with. Quarry corner although the highest crash rate corner of any circuit in the UK (from what I gather) really isn't that bad imo providing you drive accordingly and do have a reasonable idea of car physics & racing craft. E.g: how weight shifts under braking, oversteer/understeer etc etc. The only time I've "almost" lost control of one of my cars on Castle Combe was at the newly developed "Esses" back in the late 1990's (possibly 2000) after they first changed the layout of the circuit to include the two chicanes (the Esses & Bobbies). I went in too fast & hard on the brakes which unsettled the cars back end, ...this then tried to overtake the front of the car but as it was a fwd car I kept my foot on the accelerator, corrected and was able to pull it straight. I did however sh*t my pants. I think everyone on here is right though as doing a dedicated track day with club/forum enthusiasts is definitely the way to go.
  5. Cheers Dunks it was actually good fun once I got some free space from the nutters. Little video below that CJRamze caught of my Zed on track from Quarry corner. Love the sound my car makes.
  6. Liked it Stevo although I do agree with Dan on his two points. I guess it's tough though with the music as royalty free is a problem as you say & everyone has different musical tastes.
  7. It might not be what he's after but it can't hurt to offer it and see what he says.
  8. Welcome aboard. Zed look's great.
  9. Never noticed that. Must be doing good business to have an R8 though.
  10. This guy was looking for a forward facing sub enclosure. You could always PM him to see if he's interested at all in yours. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/97363-forward-facing-under-stut-subwoofer-enclosure/
  11. Strong car's the Zeds. Shame though as nobody should really have to find out just how strong.
  12. Did a similar repair myself on my old Impreza years ago. Prolonged the life of the exhaust nicely, ...well until I bought a stainless steel one anyway. Was funny though as when I took mine to a garage once the mechanic there said; "you know someones clamped a baked bean can around the exhaust as a repair" I said "yeah I know, I did that".
  13. That look's bl**dy gorgeous and I've never seen number plates like that before, ...very cool. GLWTS.
  14. ^^ That's one for ATTAK Z.
  15. Just found this video which goes to show some of the excellent driving skills on show that day. <sarcasm btw. Some very close calls there.
  16. Why on earth that wasn't fitted originally Commander is beyond me especially as it was as easy to do as you say. Look's like a proper job done. Well done.
  17. Fingers crossed that's all it was.
  18. Oh yeah somebody definitely nicked them I'm sure of that. I was thinking about it earlier, ...after I came off the track I parked up with the bonnet up & went round the car looking at brake disc condition. Certain I would have noticed them gone then if they had. Nothing I can do about it now though or even if I had noticed it at Combe that day. Hopefully Karma will get the thieves one day.
  19. Gave you a "like" Stu but only because you showed the Lotus.
  20. Welcome aboard Alan.
  21. Hahahah I thought that Same.
×
×
  • Create New...