-
Posts
1,416 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Mudman
-
Hi All Please add your name to the below be grateful if you include following info: Forum Handle, Car Reg No, approx arrival time if that's the Friday (so we can see if its game on for an activity) , The drives you will be doing, and the nights booked at Moreton. Linky to event http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/94124-wales-2015-initial-info/ 1. Mudman - R6 ***, Arriving Friday 11am, Drives Sat & Sun, Accom booked Fri/Sat
-
Got a set of three of these for my new pad. Very impressed - anyone else using them ? Not cheap though !
-
Sweet - look forward to seeing that in March !
-
Wales announcement will be later this week now I'm back in the country and settled in the new shack !
-
Everything is cheaper as a rule !!
-
A final comment on this - seems I had 2 accounts !!!! although both with the same user name ( my email address) They said its a common error when you hit new customer instead of log on ! Was completely unaware I had 2 accounts with pretty much identical details. Once we had identified which one i had made the order I changed the user name and bingo there they were. I find it most odd that you can have have 2 different user accounts based on the same email though
-
I have to return the item - they have emailed me the labels, and have another email saying advanced refund processed and button will be pressed soon as they receive it back.
-
All sorted now - got a refund Mods you can delete this
-
Here's a curious one On Black Friday I bought 2 x Misfit activity trackers, one for me and one for the OH so we can compete across the miles (she works in Singapore) Mines been in use pretty much since I got it with no problems at all. She opened hers on 1/1/15 when I arrived and we did our own version of Christmas a week late Within 2 days her band had broken, within 4 days it stopped working so I checked the battery and there was water inside although it did seem sealed. I have been using mine for swimming a few times a week ( waterproof to 30m) realy the main reason we got them as we both swim regularly. Also the battery was jammed in so hard when I finally prised it open to dry out, the inner ring also snapped off so absolutely cr*p build quality. So anyhow back in UK and trying to return it to Amazon to see if I can get a refund (might be passed that) Curious thing is there is no record at all of the order in my history. I have my confirmation and order number but without that seems I am screwed as there are no contact details or a way to talk talk to a human being. So if anyone can give me a steer on how to send this thing back to talk to them would greatly appreciated as without the order history - I cannot print off the returns label Also bought OH a Misfit Shine as she was gutted her Flash was screwed and this is a bit more solid. So is happy now
-
Yep think its 6% at the moment - not huge but when the Walmart frenzy starts and trust me it will !!!
-
Yip varies from state to state and you cannot claim it back like we do with GST/VAT refund There's no MLB in Orlando - so the Rays in Tampa probably the closest but that about 3 hours OW so not a good use of time if restricted - NBA with Orlando Magic but BB is pricey due to the relatively small capacities vs Baseball. Never been to a Motorsport event in the US but Daytona is close to Orlando.
-
Loads of stuff on the net on this, Eating out is pretty cheap in the US so its pretty easy to get your head around things. Don't speed if you are driving and you can turn right on a red light if safe to do so My normal tactic is take advantage of huge breakfast's ! So Perkins chain for Orlando then carry some light snacks. Park Food is pretty pricey compared to outside and we would go to the parks then come out for a freshen up at the hotel grab a bite/rest then go back in later and stay until the park closes. You don't need to do it all in one day ! Some places do fill up especially if holiday period or weekends so you may need to book a table. Generally clothes are a lot cheaper than UK and I normally get my clothes out there and just take essentials. And remember to add the state tax. Try to see a sporting event as a bit of a change - I'm into Baseball so always see a game - the USA does organised sport like no other! Also the NASA tour is well worth the effort as you will need a break from the parks I always load up on Zed stuff as well and don'f forget you can use your hotel address for deliveries !
-
I have one but its fairly thin you can have for a tenner plus postage but would probably be better getting a new OEM from Clarke Motorsport that looks the part rather than getting something cheap and tacky in your pride and joy.
-
The first thing I always point out when offered insurance from alliance salesmen is that it's really not going to get a sale over the line to talk defects before purchase. Wouldn't bother with Bosch or Siemens machines the on,y one I would ever consider getting a warranty on is Miele as they seem to be the top end of laundry appliance and sure they used to come with A long term manufacturers warranty. I digress not worth getting insurance on household appliances Sony recently wrote to me wanting £400 to cover a £650 TV thats 12 months old. Racketeering.
-
up to 15% discount for forum members with Adrian Flux
Mudman replied to M13KYF's topic in Forum Discounts
I recently got a quote from all 3 insurance traders on the site and AF were not even in the ball park. Highest premium by far and also highest excess and I'm one of the more mature members ! Well age wise ! -
switching from honda to a zed
Mudman replied to billydc2's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome I have a foot in both camps with a Civic as my daily driver - decent car surprisingly nippy -
I can remember landing in Bahrain en route to Nairobi with Crab Air. We were on KC1 freighter with a few panels down for the 10 odd seats - The pilot dropped it and on initial touchdown got bounced sidewards and the clips bounced out causing us to shoot a few feet to the side Sounds of "2!!!!!" Two were resolutely declared by the rest of the ATLO team ! (you get 1 point for landing and 1 point for being alive after but the remaining 8 on offer were lost forever)
-
get a used one from Game - you get a cut price and warranty - no brainer and t'is the season !
-
Grrr fly back on the 12th so miss this one - hope its successfully for all the forum traders
-
Having spent 4 years in the South Pacific - If Air Nuigini haven't killed me then not worried !
-
Flying to Singapore on Weds !
-
If you go down the Guitar Hero route I have a few duplicates you can have !
-
Hell No !!!! keep away!! Drove over to Wales in the Zed as my Christmas treat as she's been off the road pretty much since early Nov so decided to treat us both to a decent drive so hoping we can avoid the white study until I get back to Norfolk tomorrow after a detour via Trowbridge to visit a mate who works overseas. After I get back will pray to the Snow god for lots of it !
-
Ian I would get a PS3 - they are very cheap and it would also serve as a Blu ray Player and has a hard drive so you can make it into a mini media centre Game cost peanuts at the moment !
-
Make sure your vehicle is up to date with service/all fluids - diff oils/ tyres etc then see how much you have left for mods. May sound boring but pointless having a great looking car with a neglected maintainence schedule. My first mods were Uprev and Full LED bulb swap out