-
Posts
816 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Floydbax
-
http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/ 26.5 MPG I struggle to beat 18
-
That is similar to the one I have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171030204354?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 - which is totally awesome ('tho' mine was in one of this guy's frequent sales). Some of these non-branded units are actually really good!
-
Humm I think I'm gonna have to change companies next time it's due looking at some of these, I'm 52, 25 years no claims, no points, no convictions, living in a safe area, off road parking, under 6000 miles a year, loads of other cars I can use, no business miles.....................................£650 fully comp!!!
-
They ought to just pop out, you need to be a bit rough with them -not ridiculously so though! You kind of grip them lengthways and push to the right and pull down on the right at the same time I seem to remember. Edit - Sorry this is for the standard fitting, I can't see it being that much different!
-
Wow ... I love the rear threequarter view of this GTR
Floydbax replied to ATTAK Z's topic in Other Cars
Hummm yea I think the sides and back look great but that front is weapons grade gross. -
Wow ... I love the rear threequarter view of this GTR
Floydbax replied to ATTAK Z's topic in Other Cars
WoW ,mint ..... love that -
Mine was £15 off Ebay and didn't incur any import duty!
-
I have : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171030204354?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 this unit - for the price it is incredible!! But it does not have Android, in your shoes I would be looking at this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-4-0-Double-2DIN-Car-GPS-DVD-Player-WIFI-3G-BT-USB-Radio-Stereo-Tablet-PC-/171145873688?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item27d916c918 or this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Double-Din-Android-GPS-Navigation-CD-DVD-Stereo-Player-RDS-Radio-BT-3G-WIFI-/171049880815?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item27d35e0cef I can thoroughly recommend this seller and his products value for money. ( There is likely to be an import duty to pay on the goods but it's only like £20 or so). I used the http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180831254669?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 interface and the guide from the american Z forum.
-
Sorry to pop any bubbles here but .................... all you need is the actual filter and the connecting flange - oh and a heat shield, the rest of it is smoke and mirrors.
-
Looks sweet to me , better than some of those Z's that look like they have been been covered in glue then driven through a branch of Ripspeed.
-
Black/dark 370 Coupe opposite the police station - Were you .....dogging hahah if so good work, I was on the bicycle but you wouldn't have noticed - bleah!
-
Give these https://www.carhoodsdirect.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=2605 guys a call for a quote, they seem cheaper.
-
Ekona, that's a good question, having read the blurb on both the sites pcw1982 got quotes from it sounds like they supply and fit a complete new unit whereas I has assumed they just re-covered the original one. This https://www.carhoodsdirect.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=2605 site looks as if they do the re-covering (I guess as it's so much cheaper). There's a link on the american Z forum somewhere for a DIY re-cover, I can't seem to find it ATM.
-
Yeah I reset then went up the motorway and was seeing 38 at around ridiculous speed - but fairly steady for 30 odd miles. Sadly my usual average is more like 15 but that's 'cos I drive like a tit - gotta love that V6 roar from the roadster
-
Yeah I guessed that no worries, still let me know how you progress please as like I said mine will need doing sooner rather than later. It would probably be useful to other roadster owners here on the forum to know the result.
-
Impressive guitar skills ~ Ewan Dobson plays Techno
Floydbax replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
You might like this also: or if classical is more your thing: -
That would be awesome, I am only after the frame and the front connection bar so the cloth bit is of no consequence. I assume it's not difficult to remove the hood if you know what you're doing, I expect they just re-cover the old frame though at the places you sent the links to. Let me know here how you're progressing, I'm always up for a road trip to pick it up if it is available, or pay the postage (and a few beer tokens for the exchange). My hood is also getting a little tatty so I'm interested to know how you get on for the future.
-
There's this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251360625971?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648 one been on Ebay for a while - they might be open to offers by now, then you can sell me your tired old one for a couple of hundred for my project and it will work out cheaper.
-
Fitting a Kenwood Double Din to replace a BOSE in 05 roadster
Floydbax replied to JamesRo's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
Make sure the ISO plugs are the right ones for your head unit and it ought to be OK (ISO's are not universal - as I discovered when changing my head unit - same situation as you). I got a used adaptor from someone who had used it in his 'Z but I had to do a fair bit of research and soldering to get the leads right, that said it worked first time, after I read on this forum that it needs a separate earth installing ( I see on the unit you are looking at on Ebay there is an earth lead added). http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251334534122?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 (link to the adaptor I bought). -
I got some of these from Ebay for around £20 and they are just basically a perfect swap for the originals no issues whatsoever.
-
I would be PMing Zmanalex he is bound to have a few spare ones lying around for sale
-
50 + chav here too I can't get my head round these kind of choice threads on Pistonheads, how in any way are these cars comparable, one is a 2 seater V6 coupe the other is a repmobile 4 seater straight 6 saloon, either you are in the market for one or the other not a choice between the two!!
-
OY I'm in Knutsford I keep seeing Z's and acknowledging them but getting ignored ..... maybe it's 'cause I've a roadster
-
Street attack on performer at the Bullring Disgusting!
Floydbax replied to Sempiternal's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Industrial grade ***** -
http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/dash_removal/ Pretty simple job, the electrical connectors being the hardest part IMHO, it gives you a little more room for working if you pry out the connecting wire loom at the top centre behind the dials.