Jump to content

Floydbax

Members
  • Posts

    816
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Floydbax

  1. Damn, I am replacing my OEM back box in the future for a stainless system, just still deciding what shape/style is best.
  2. Floydbax

    New wheels

    From the album: Floydbax's Z

  3. From the album: Floydbax's Z

    Wheel centre cap design
  4. I didn't try the discount code, I thought it was a bit cheeky. If these are any good I might have a little communication with them and get some 'z' related badges put into their inventory, maybe they will agree to honouring a discount for forum members? The ones I have ordered are based on the old Datsun Z logo, but as you know they can use all sorts of different things. Got to say they appear to be great to deal with. I'd post the pic they sent me of the design but I'm struggling with the tech ATM EDIT: I think I managed to load the pic to my gallery in my profile if anyone is interested
  5. Thanks for the link to the centre caps guys. My custom 'Z' ones are ordered.
  6. We should get some group buys going on 'Z' wheel badges!!
  7. 5.25 p.m. A50 Knutsford, just around the corner from my place, looking uber-cool and sounding lovely too
  8. Just a head's-up, I have the armrest covers in the same colour way (Black-orange stitching), they are supposed to be stretch over and glue on. They are not! They are too small, however if you peel the existing Nissan plastic covers off and use a couple of mole grips tools then they can be made to fit by stretching them over a couple of days and some strong contact adhesive. They look great when done though.
  9. Loving that blue, reminds me of the old racing Porsches
  10. http://www.kcauto.co.uk/ I was recommended to this place by a friend who runs a local tyre and exhaust place, he reckons they are 'the best of the best'!!. I did however go for a quote, just to get my 'humpy' bonnet sprayed the same colour as my car and got a lecture from the guy on reception that they would not be happy just to do the bonnet but would also do the wings, bumper and other surrounding areas so that it matches properly!! - Not quite what I was expecting both moneywise and workwise. I'm still on the lookout for someone who will just blow over the bonnet for me!
  11. I used a similar item to this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Vision-CMOS-Car-Rear-View-Backup-Camera-For-Nissan-350Z-2006-2011-Mode-Z33-/271462807025?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item3f3471b5f1 wired into my head unit display. It comes on when you put the car into reverse. I installed the whole lot myself so it can't be that difficult.
  12. My Uncle used to fly these . I remember the residents near to Bruntingthorpe Proving ground started complaining about the noise from the cars using the runway, a couple of 'maintenance' runs of the Vulcan engines weekly soon stopped the complaints
  13. Thanks guys - Spent the day playing with my Z it's clean inside and out now - evening will be spent mostly getting drunk
  14. Oh I dunno, mine are 18"s from an Infiniti, they do the same in 17" but they have the three little notches symbol on the spokes.
  15. Those wheels look nice :D (same as mine ).
  16. On bottom St near the wine bar, **** ZZZ 7pm ish.
  17. So anybody with actual experience and not hearsay apart from Bradders? (Thanks B man) For that price they can corrode all they like if they last a couple of years!! Yah thanks I4N - I have am awesome place near me in Macclesfield I have used before and when I get my act together I will get them to make me a cat - back system, just now 'tho I'm only after a quick, cheap fix 'Y' pipe and these two seem to fit that bill. I'm wondering if anyone from real-life experience knows which of the two designs is the better one? Abbey/Alex?? On the cheap metal debate - I had a full HKS Super Drager system on my FTO, £800 + fitting on top!! It rusted away over a few years, the place in Macc (JP Exhausts) made me a full custom system, better sound and performance than the HKS for £400 fitted!! That lasted over 10 years with no attention to it whatsoever!!
  18. Anyone had any experience of either of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190617021534?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350688552716?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I'd like to know which is the best one to go for!
  19. Fitting was OK - bit of a spiders web of wires as I hard wired an HUD and multi-monitor at the same time and used block connectors as well as the Bose/ISO interface, took a while to stuff it all in there out of the way . The flange needed filing to fit but looks OK.
  20. Well, I got this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171030204354?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT - cheaper than chips and does pretty much all I need and way way better than the shitty Bose thing. Have a look around this dealer he has some good stuff. I can't be assed to show you pix but it looks ok too.
  21. Popcharger for releasing that noise (Hopefully soon to be replaced as fave by my HFC's ).
  22. £40 sounds like a decent price, I'm considering doing my own after watching this: - what could possibly go wrong? Just need to see if I can reach the top nuts with my assorted gathering of extensions I have some ramps and axle stands just waiting for a gap in the weather.
  23. My personal view is as the others, for most pix these days the camera on your mobile phone is adequate for the job, especially if you have a smart phone - which lets face it most of us have. I'd be looking for something that does a job over and above what the phone cam is capable of. I had similar to one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-FinePix-S2950-Digital-Camera/dp/B004G8Q600/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400669361&sr=1-8&keywords=bridge+camera which is an awesome thing, especially for that kind of money. - And, it IS pretty much point and shoot, I am fond of my pix but by no means a photographer but this turned out great pix no problem. I upgraded to the 'Nikon' top of their range bridge camera and was sadly disappointed because for all that extra money I was actually getting less quality pix!!
×
×
  • Create New...