Jump to content

Floydbax

Members
  • Posts

    816
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Floydbax

  1. OK, so I tried all the usual off the shelf products and fixes I could find online but the green mould kept reappearing so I got a little more creative (thinking-wise) and hit on using this stuff : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hibiscrub-250ml/dp/B001A33VRU/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1391709441&sr=1-1&keywords=hibiscrub . It's an antibacterial cleanser that surgeons use for scrubbing-up and they're usually pretty clean folk . Using a soft nail brush I worked up a foam on the roof rinsed then repeated and finished off with the usual waterproofing stuff you paint on. That was over a month ago and we have had wonderful mould growing conditions all the time since but there's none on my roof. I will update in the future if it does reappear.
  2. Do not buy ice-cream from street vendors, they are well known for extortionate prices, often not until AFTER you have been served and started consuming. I'm talking of 40 euros each is not unheard of!! The Parthenon is another +1 from me as are the ancient senate ruins around the Colosseum, which is OK for a quick look around. These, the Spanish Steps (for pix) and Trevi Fountain are all within reasonable walking distance of each other.
  3. Often helps if you can get the supplier to mark the goods as 'Trade or Test Samples'
  4. Guys Paddy is right, this damper is the same as the Stillen one which fits down below the one you are thinking of, I would like to buy one that fits from the strut turret to the engine but they don't appear to be available anywhere.
  5. Ah OK, the owner at RoT is obviously an Jap Roadster fan there used to be a silver S2000 at his place. I have seen a Black 350 Roadster in Wilmslow but the guy driving didn't acknowledge my wave and lights flash, maybe he was too busy trying to look cool tho the blonde draped over the passenger seat was distracting
  6. Ridz - Is that you at Row Of Trees?? Saw one there recently
  7. That looks awesome, I will be ordering one if it fits a DE with a 5/16th Motordyne spacer
  8. Gunmetal 350 Roadster A8 BAX I am near Paradise Green - Knutty I'm the idiot liming around with the roof down in midwinter (if it's dry )
  9. You sir are a true Zedder, any excuse for a road trip Good luck with your journey - I'm sure the job will be a good one.
  10. Not me but I live on the A50 out towards Holmes Chapel
  11. You can replace the roof for a lot less than 000's http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281061199020?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648 they might also have the motors there! I would personally take it to an independent garage to properly assess the situation, I don't understand where the mechanism has failed and also why both motors would need replacing. I would also suggest getting in touch with Zedmanalex on this forum - he might be able to help regarding parts and more especially - advice!
  12. Having done mine myself I'd say £150 for fitting was very reasonable if not cheap!!
  13. ^ I love this sort of stuff from the forum members
  14. If you are dealing with his insurance then you should not be handing the neighbour quotes, the insurance ought to be dealing with you on his behalf, has he given you his insurance company details because they will have allocated an assessor to your case who you should be dealing with it is out of the neighbours hands when the insurance company are involved?
  15. Good, thanks for the recommendation, I will sure bear them in mind when mine is inevitably due a recover.
  16. Welcome - one big thing - learn to check your oil level frequently, it's not as difficult as made out when you get used to it. Just pull the dipstick out slowly after the car has been sitting overnight and you will be able to read it accurately. They do burn oil and you do need to make sure the level is OK - even a low miler like yours!! Apparently the heated seats have 2 settings, the switches are rocker switches, one way does seat and back the other just one of them.
  17. I have this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ERL316/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in my roadster, fits perfectly awesome bit of kit
  18. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-TIRE-STOPPERS-DATSUN-1000-1200-120Y-240Z-510-B10-B110-B310-Genuine-New-/370800166806
  19. Looks like a chock to me, if there's a Nissan stamp on it it there also a part number there also?
  20. supplied by A.P.I. Catalogue - Petrol Engines The most popular engines are listed here. If yours is not, please enquire. To satisfy all types of demand API offers two choices of Japanese petrol engines:
  21. TBH if I needed and was going down that route I would use http://www.apiengines.com/index2.php - I've used these guys before and they are top notch, great product, reasonable prices with decent warranty. Good to deal with and great service.
  22. http://www.tradelinkcars.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-350-z-3-5-v6-3dr-primrose-hill-201401030787013
  23. Sorry mate the pix are too big to load on here.
  24. I have pix but don't seem to be able to post them on here the resolution is too big!! I will try to put them on Skydrive and put up a link. Humm I will try something else
  25. Editing doesn't seem to be working. Anyway.... these seem to be pretty good quality to me they will last for yonks and if it's sunny this year maybe they will tone down a little
×
×
  • Create New...