-
Posts
6,670 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by AliveBoy
-
If thats yours well done !! i wish it was, although them wheels are Spoiler is worse
-
That's the same as this: http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/ I have it on my rear indicators and it looks ok. It's been fitted for a couple of years now, I always forget it's on there but I'd never had an issue with it. When you buy from them they give you a booklet for if you get pulled over, it has all the laws and reasons why it doesn't break them listed. I wouldn't use it on a large light surface though, might look a bit naff
-
Go whole hog and get a wide arch fibreglass kit!
-
PM Billyzed, he has some used ones available which haven't been on the car for many miles. He's selling everything due to needing a house deposit.
-
Bitch
-
Guessing he didn't have rays, the non rays weigh the same as a small planet, so they probably would be lighter. I know they weigh a ton because I have 3 sets of the blighters
-
Love a 260! Welcome along
-
FYI: I made a simple Tarmac Sportz logo on forza so if anyone wants to use it feel free
-
How is it cutting corners? Do you not understand there is more choice, less weight, better turn in due to less sidewall etc etc. I'm running Pilot super sports I don't see how that is cutting corners? What tyres do you run? Because you are not buying the correct tyre size which was designed for the car? So the speedometer, mileage, traction control, torque and gearing settings are all based on the distance that the tyre travels over one complete revolution. A tyre with a different outside diameter will travel a different distance over that one revolution with a different amount of torque. For an extra £30 a corner why not put the correct size tyres on? It doesn't matter if they are bloody F1 tyres....if they are the wrong size its a waste of time.... I agree that it might not make 'that' much difference dropping the profile down by 5 but it is cutting corners So the speedometer - Use a sat nav for true speed as the car is out +/- 3% anyway, mileage - not exactly a huge concern as the effect will be tiny, traction control - If you really have an issue drive without it, if you rely on it you shouldn't be driving the car, torque - is produced by the engine and not the tyres, so the effect is miniscule and gearing settings - unless you're going from a 15" alloy to a 18" alloy the difference will again, tiny! are all based on the distance that the tyre travels over one complete revolution. - Over a mile the 45 profile will rotate 756.3 times, on the 40 profile the tyre will rotate 784.6 times. Not a huge difference! A tyre with a different outside diameter will travel a different distance over that one revolution with a different amount of torque. Speedo differences for you: 20 - 19.3 30 - 28.9 40 - 38.5 50 - 48.1 60 - 57.8 70 - 67.4 80 - 77 90 - 86.6
-
He will yes what? Don't worry, I know you're using an iSomething and it's autocorrect Love the F-Type in either coupe or cab, but that is stunning. I'm so glad Tata took over JLR and saved them.
-
I get ones saying that my paypal transaction of £300 odd has been successful, obviously I haven't made a payment so they provide a very helpful link to log in and check the payment details, whilst inadvertently handing over your paypal details to them, they clean you out and have a jolly time with your money!
-
Grey is the best colour
-
You've been lied to! you can fit whatever exhaust you want to
-
Spotted this in Madrid at the weekend! Tut tut 14N
-
I'm on my own then, I quite like it
-
That's absolutely fair enough, if you're happy with it then it doesn't matter what anyone thinks to be honest. I haven't tried a Japspeed product for a few years, so they may have sorted some stuff out. I would recommend you check it every now and again for peace of mind though
-
Bullshit! Bullshit everywhere! He's a well published car owner I'll have you know "Now it’s Terry Bower’s turn to hand over the keys to his 350Z. He’s no stranger to track driving himself, coaching drivers at the Nordschleife and Spa with RSR Nürburg, but he’s watching keenly as Henry sets off for a quick warm-up lap. Terry’s a huge fan of his 309bhp 2007-model Z, which he bought about a year ago, ‘because I wanted something more involving than the A4 I’d had. It copes with long trips out to Germany brilliantly, it’s very comfortable, and it also handles track work well – all I’ve done is uprate the brakes with grooved discs.’ A similar car will cost around £10,000, but early 276bhp Zs now start below £5K – extremely tempting, despite the low-rent cabin." But yes, the Japspeed 350z stuff is utter tosh, the stainless too thin, the welds - although pretty - are crap and I'd bet my left nut it didn't fit perfectly.
-
Working at MBW was the best job I've ever had, if the track was empty we got sent out in AMG's to make it look in use as if it's empty people think its closed. I used to to love it when the new models came in a few days early so we could learn everything about them, however as you say, it's a job not a career. I'd have worked there forever if it was reliable enough. You'd get to work every day of the month through the summer, and only work weekends in the winter. I now work in expatriate income tax for a private firm, If I ever won the lottery, I'd be knocking on their door straight away asking for a job again, best thing I've ever done, it's just not a career and not something I could rely on
-
Yes mate, I know what/who RB are, I was just lol'ing with Ekona about the actual choice of name . Another big underground scene company is TransientHippo. Oh ok, fair shout
-
As with anything ask to look at some of his previous work. If it looks good, then yep that's a good price. If it's messy and tailpipes don't line up with bumper holes etc then I'd avoid. Powerflow in Slough take a picture of every job they've done and put it onto the walls in the waiting area, he see's every job as a matter of pride
-
I know WTF, I can only assume it's some sort of crazy Japanese thing. You know what they're like with stuff. Its a brand, like nismo or "fabulous" or Stillen etc except waaay more exclusive. If you have genuine RB kit people need new pants when you drive past.