Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. Yup it's purely the cost of buying it, not so worried about running costs but not sure I can justify £40 - £50k sitting outside depreciating I managed less than 3000 miles in my Zed last year and that includes Wales. It is on my list though - I have done the 911, which was my aim before 40 I have built a custom Jap another box ticked, I still love playing with the 350's (and it looks like I will be doing another complete rebuild soon) But I would like to say I had owned a GTR before I get to the "otherside" I also like the 370 and that is more affordable not the right word - justifiable I suppose, but my 350 will out run any stock 370 so it sort of becomes doing it because you can not because I want to - and besides I'd soon spend enough on the 370 to make up the difference to a GTR anyway The truth is I don't need a car the problem is I am a petrol head and WANT REALLY REALLY WANT a car if you know what I mean? So, you want something that you can play with, won't depreciate much and can kick the bitches ass? There is imply one option in my opinion. A late R34 GTR! They're just under £30k for a near on perfect example and prices are rising. Engine is easily tunable to well over 600hp and when you're finished with it in 3/5 years, you could sell it for the same, if not more than you paid for it and buy the R35 with money left over Kyle has the right idea for sure, you could build something epic and not lose any money. Or maybe the 33 GTR but im unsure how they hold value R33 is a boat (compared to the others!) and the values reflect that, they're going down compared to the other two "real" Skylines
  2. At least recommend the leaf!
  3. Send me a PM, might be able to get you one.
  4. friendly neighbour you are The sad fact is you can never stop a determined thief from stealing your stuff , you can however make it so much work that there are easier pickings elsewhere , it's a fact of life I'm afraid. I know, I was only joking
  5. You'd get bored of the GTR......Owners club! Ever been on it? Pretty boring, sterile place full of anoraks comparing details of polishes. Mods are pretty frowned upon too
  6. friendly neighbour you are
  7. Just going to leave this here...
  8. If they go longer than standard yep, I can't find any specs on the bolt hole to bolt hole length for them though. You'll need toe bolts as the more camber you get the more weird toe you'll get too
  9. Combine the lot, VR38 engine/gearbox/drivetrain into the 350z, coupled with a 370z front end swap and seats...
  10. 4WD with the RB26 would be impressive, heavy! but impressive!
  11. 8 Months if you swap them over 4 months and 10 minutes if you give them to me after one side has been worn out
  12. Guess that's the problem when you've already done everything to the car
  13. Don't worry StevoD, we got the perfect one it's way When this turns up from Nigeria mauahahahahahaha! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Racing-189x33mm-Carbon-Fibre-Pattern-GT-Drift-Rear-Spoiler-w-Stand-/151246256235
  14. You should do individual throttle bodies on it.... Oh and do tell!
  15. The PCD for them is 5x114 (5x114.3 if you're being fussy) obviously they're 20's as you know and the tyre size with some good pictures of them on the car to show the fitment might be enough to sell them to another Z owner.
  16. The RT one literally looks like an upturned snowboard from behind, it does provide real aerodynamic gains though and Bennets car did slightly convert me towards it the other week.
  17. I had 3 degrees of negative camber by NOT fitting camber arms You'll want ones which go longer than normal to push the wheels out like that. *Awaits the "it looks stupid/broken" crowd arrival* :snack:
  18. :scare: What's going on Uncle Keyser?! This AND the nos?!
  19. Certainly round here it's not TOO bad, it's more the wind which is cold
  20. It's not cliffs falling into the sea, it's the country falling into the sea
  21. I got quoted £400 for a full little metal discs welded into the holes and boot spray job a few years back, never got round to it and my vinyl has held up ok since
  22. Make that 6, still haven't had mine done from a few years back!
  23. I used vinyl strips
  24. A friend of mine did his engine in on the ring and had the most help I've ever heard of from people he'd never met before. Free parts offered (nothing major obviously) tool usage to find out what the problem was, one dropped his car locally at a hotel on his flatbed for him once it was determined as terminal. Real community spirit at the ring.
×
×
  • Create New...