Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. Read the thread man! He was let down by a Golf driver! :rolleyes:
  2. You buy them, I'll fit them I have enough to be mocked for at the moment! I was meaning to my car, call it a present I would if I didn't run into a financial problem from going to the casino recently Apparently you don't walk in and walk out a millionaire.... Rubbish! In vegas I walked out a whole $450 richer! Then spent it on crap
  3. If you don't watch it all, watch the last woman and the results it creates
  4. You buy them, I'll fit them I have enough to be mocked for at the moment! I was meaning to my car, call it a present
  5. You buy them, I'll fit them
  6. HEY LOOK! It's Grundy at Japfest
  7. No, it's his miniature cousin
  8. Don't you mean 1985 lol better check that flux capacitor! Yes, you got me there! Oh dear! Hey! Which gear and at what amount of revs is that at?! I rarely go past 4k! So 5th? Is that the limit?!
  9. It's all about entry speeds for me not bothered about top ones Ive managed right up the top of 4th round Coppice at Donington, thats got to be 90+ mph on the way in .......... Impressive! 49mph was my highest that I've consciously recorded, I now have my satnav on and reset the top speed each time so it records the fastest it goes, I just have to make sure not to back off before initiating.
  10. Oh dear! Hey! Which gear and at what amount of revs is that at?!
  11. It's all about entry speeds for me not bothered about top ones
  12. I think we been had again..!! May be max revs brother..!! Be patient master, maybe he still does travel from the location of car purchase to the location of car loving!
  13. I seem to recall both were limited to 160, a remap would remove that, not tested either, so I don't know for sure
  14. Thats what I always use. To be honest I do have a compressor and an impact gun which runs off it, but I seldom ever use it. Much prefer the manual brute force method. It depends what you're doing I guess, as I always used to do it manually too. Until I went for a weekend of drifting and bruised the palms of my hands with all the changes I was doing and very quickly realised I couldn't get the nuts fully tight as I was easing off because my hands hurt so much. Now I have a breaker bar just to check the gun has them tight enough.
  15. You're right, however, you stop when your skill is running out as you don't want to total the car, a lesser driver may not do the same. I used to work in driving experiences, and several people came with the attitude of "It's not my car and I don't care if I total it" most of them were kicked out for being idiots and not calming down when asked. One did total the car and had to pay out for the excess. If there's no one to warn them you may get a broken car back.
  16. I've been using this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RUA0W6/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's lasted well at the 2 drift days I've done with it, lots of tyre changes etc
  17. I read down to 'Great tits' & thought it was going to be a joke Yep. My mind is well and truly in the gutter. Why don't you google great tits on the train tonight?!
  18. I must be wrong then maybe it's only certain types of steel
  19. Seeing as you can't annodise steel I'd doubt it. Unless they have an aluminium coating. The main metals you can anodise are zinc, titanium and aluminium. There may be more, but I'm not a metals specialist
  20. Don't go for aluminium wheel nuts, there's a a reason most forms of motorsport specifically ban them. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aluminium+wheel+nuts+bad
  21. AliveBoy

    Need SPACER NUT

    http://www.driftworks.com/shallow-open-ended-wheel-nuts-m12-x-1-25-nissan-etc.html
  22. I went for a dyno, before they moved from Pirbright to Guildford and was told my car was 70bhp down, which had me in a bit of a panic, but ok that's not their fault... untill a few days later I had a call inviting me to spend lots of money on this, that and the other to get back the power lost. Unfortunately the car was involved in an accident before I managed to get it put on a dyno somewhere else to clarify. I'm not saying they were lying, I just wouldn't say that chucking a load of aftermarket parts at a car is the right way to resolve an apparent 70bhp loss. I'd rather find the cause and fix it before modifying lots of bits. I then went in just over a year ago, maybe a bit longer, to enquire about having a hydraulic handbrake fitted to my Z. I was told that it was physically impossible to do and that I'd have to get them to create a twin calliper set up on the rear so that the hydraulic handbrake would have it's own bespoke system. Went somewhere else, and sure enough, I didn't need to pay for twin callipers, they just plumbed it in to the standard 350 braking system and it works like a treat. Edit: Also, I'd love them to be good, they're literally on my way to work so it would be very convenient
  23. It's funny, I've been to them twice and wasn't too impressed either time. Maybe they've turned it around in recent times.
  24. Yes it will, makes the car more desirable to steal... They won't put it up much though, my spoiler put the insurance up £7 a year They like to reward people who declare mods
×
×
  • Create New...