Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. The wing mirrors were off the citroen AX too, the rear lights were off of a Rover 200
  2. for BDC regs the bulkhead can't be moved IIRC, so I'd presume not Edit: spellings
  3. And they may have had to stop for the light you "ran". Or for the junction to be clear before they could cross it to come after you. Or they could have been in a side road waiting to pull out, or been hiding in a building with a telescope looking for people in sports cars to lie about because they're bitterly jealous...
  4. This might be the saying, but when two police officers are saying one thing, and you're saying another, it's the other way around.
  5. As above, but also, if you weren't clear of the entire junction by the time the lights went red, you ran the light. It's not the stop line that's the marker, it's the side of the junction you're leaving that is.
  6. I honestly think, if I was going to spend my own hard earned, I'd buy a McLaren. Part of that is because I live round the corner from the factory and I see them all the time, and what the company do for my local area, so I have a bit of an affinity towards them. However if someone gave me an R8, I'd be mega chuffed, especially in that colour! I don't really like the R8 V8, it's nice but I think it's a bit over priced for what it is (In comparison to what else is available for similar money.) The V10 and V10+ though is what I think the R8 always should have been.
  7. AliveBoy

    Nuts!

    I just use the OEM ones now, got sick of having rusty nuts I do run the standard wheels though, so the oem ones probably won't fit with the not skanky wheels you guys run
  8. curious as i know it happened at marshal's sales staff would just take demo cars home will be registered to the dealer but they would just take what ever car home each night/weekend would they still have to pay company car tax ? Pretty much yeah, they should pay tax on it. There's certain rules HMRC have which allow use of "Pool" cars for business use only, but they'd throw a lot of them out on the fact that commuting to and from work counts as private use, let alone using it at the weekend and/or carrying friends/family etc.
  9. I bet there's a few of the old school presenters and musicians who aren't featured...
  10. If you put the Audi code: ACKK2480 into their R8 configurator, I've built the V10 manual, with the specs I can tell from that picture, haven't added anything else in to bump the price. His car benefit charge from now until the end of the 2014/15 tax year is roughly £30,308.00 That would likely go up, as I bet he has some juicy accessories too
  11. The company who originally made it is Strosek, they've made a few cool parts. I wanted one, but they're a few grand in carbon form from Strosek in Germany. If someone else has made a copy, that could be good!
  12. Did we? Satin blue, fake carbon scoops on it all over the place, fake carbon bgw, cheap alloys and really dusty.
  13. Saw one at the London Motor Museum when we went earlier this year, it was in a state though. It actually made me a bit sad
  14. That's a bit naff of them, even market traders round here take card! Unfortunately I'm miles away, sorry
  15. I can do a bank drop for them if it's any help?
  16. I think it's a double actually
  17. ...but what if they steal the car with the dog in it?! He's borrowed it, not his dog...not his problem
  18. Slightly off topic, but I always wonder they always ask about improved BHP, but why not improved torque too? I'd say a car with hugely increased torque is likely to be more dangerous than a car with hugely improved power? Take world rally cars for example, they all have nearly the same bhp as each other because they're regulated and restricted to a set power. Their torque figures are mental though which is part of what makes them animals.
  19. sat nav, rays alloys, silver metal door kick bars. Standard, but make sure they know you have them. Exhaust. Standard is twin, bhp gain = negligable, say +5 to be safe He also fitted a Plenum. carbon fibre engine top. Does this add bhp? I presume you mean engine cover? If so, no gain, purely cosmetic He also fitted an Injen air filter. How do insurers classify this? as an upgraded air filter? or an induction system? Induction kit, bhp gain, technically, none but say +5 bhp to be safe I've added my OPINION in red Edit: Typo
  20. I don't have one, but I look forward to seeing the new marmite! GLWTF (Good Luck With The Find )
  21. He's actually parked up, his speedo got stuck for a brief second
  22. I'd say you were a human... Personally I'd just go with the "Z"
  23. That would be particularly bad. I lost my keys for about 6 months once, somehow they turned up INSIDE a sofa cushion
  24. Let's hope he doesn't wear light coloured trousers or shorts F that They're 4 speed manuals, the number of Americans in the videos who stall when pulling off. Real cocky in the seat, then it dies
×
×
  • Create New...