Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. God help um in Qatar. Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk I must admit i just dont get this, i know its not in keeping with the usual conditions we play in but surely a good training programme would "acclimatise" them, that being the key word!
  2. Having recently myself from Rx7 ownership for this reason (amongst others) i think the 350 is a bit of a way off yet, £3k and below is chav territory if you ask me. 2nd hand parts value is still strong and you havent had a plethora of imports flooding the market (like scoobs, evos, rx7's etc), but with the exchange rate rising against the yen, who knows if that will all kick off again, i would bet the 350 is now very cheap in Japan, probably along with 370's to be fair. Chav or not though, maybe its not a bad thing, mk1 & 2 escorts, sierra cosworth and a fair few others were considered the chav car of choice or equivalent boy racer as they were known.
  3. No, your talking 0 60 so as to cherry pick some info to try to justify your "factual based opinion", fortunately a cars performance isnt judged by one criteria, its a much bigger picture, perhaps one you could offer some experience on if you had tried it! I literally have no idea why at every given opportunity you take pops at the 350, but of course, its balanced discussion, may I suggest getting out a bit more if your that bored you feel the need to give yourself a reason to post
  4. Wtf are you on about So nobody can own a Zed or have an opinion about a Zed unless they have driven at 150mph+ That is drivel in the extreme! Sent from the golf club... As you well know, how can you comment on whether 150mph+ Is or Isnt fast when you havent even driven at those speeds. Like I said, go try It and come back with and tell us whether you think its fast having actually done It
  5. Excellent, so no car is fast as planes are faster! Pop your string backs or leathers and helmet on, go do 150 + and then report back with actual experience not opinion based drivel!
  6. Ltd to 155mph and a near as dam it 6 sec 0 - 60, lol, no not fast at all Spursmd playing devils advocate with 350's again, well there is something new Just trying to add the voice of reason I would say 0-60 is about standard for a hot hatch these days, that was my point. Have you ever been over 155mph?
  7. Ltd to 155mph and a near as dam it 6 sec 0 - 60, lol, no not fast at all Spursmd playing devils advocate with 350's again, well there is something new
  8. I agree, roughly a goal every 2 games is not good enough. I just dont get the hype surrounding Rooney being crucial to our campaigns!
  9. And the 240 is a lot more desirable than the other two, maybe because it was the first?? So does that equate the 350 will be more desirable than the 370, not forgetting we have the 300zx in between, i am guessing that will have to be considered before the 350z!
  10. Also have to mention the comradery of the riders, Rossi semi punching Marquez on the slow down lap and then full on strangling him in Park Ferme which Marquez went along with, Pedrosa too with his incident with Marquez, smiles, laughs and respect all round! A genuine question, why on earth cant F1 be like this!
  11. Its getting better, brilliant race today
  12. I think its been said elsewhere but imho England could have the players to be a competitive side, but only if they play as a team, too many pre madonnas who want individual glory. I also dont think they have that one special talent who can regularly turn a game, particularly when it comes to scoring goals. Wellbeck, really, thats the best we have to offer!!
  13. I guess it depends on your definition of classic so to speak. Will the 350z at some point gain classic status, perhaps have a following as the 240z does, i would probably say yes. Will the 350z become an appreciating classic with the values increasing, no, well not for a long long time! If you take a view of what jdm cars of the 90's are classic or an appreciating classic, you can only really pick the NSX, perhaps ltd edition v spec gtr's, both relatively low production number cars, there is not even much from the 80's, only example i can think of is the AE86, but i wouldnt say they were appreciating like the NSX. 70's is a different story though, quite a few high value jdm cars. At some point values will reach a trough and possibly rise to a peak as good clean examples are hard to find and values will probably get closer between the 370z and 350z imho, but they are only just over 10 years old. This topic was widely discussed about Rx7's on the dedicated forums and they are 10 years older again and values are still not rising, firming up, but not rising. You need to be thinking Supra, R32, R33 Gtr's, good examples are still fetching a premium and think how many of them were made. I get the GTR thing (pedigree, heritage etc) but Supras, there is nothing really ground breaking or brilliant about Supras (i have had 3), but they obviously have the cult following which drives the 2nd value, so i think there could be hope for the 350z
  14. Camskill or Tyreleader possibly?
  15. Let me know Jetpilot as I need a set, thanks Mudman has first refusal, pending op's item being sold.
  16. I will have a set by the end of next week, only if Keyser has sold his.
  17. Whilst I hate to agree your on the money. Trust me I feel Zeus's pain after a very bad motorbike accident myself, although not as severe or being on a mobile. Imho being on a mobile is no worse than talking to a passenger or plural, adjusting stereo/sat nav, rummaging around in handbags, eating, drinking, smoking, adjusting heater controls. As Ekona says there are hundreds of 1000's of people who have driven whilst on the mobile with no incident what so ever. If you really want to be pedantic whats the difference between talking on bluetooth, or having a phone to your ear, except of course you have one hand off the wheel, we all have our hand off the wheel to change gear regularly. Unless your putting the driver in complete isolation there will always be distractions. The amount of parents I see turning round to talk to kids in the back is scary, way more dangerous than using a phone, but its easy to target someone using a phone. I dont condone it for any one minute, but sadly accidents happen, the driver is more often the cause of the problem imho.
  18. I have been working out of town recently and every morning on the drive to work I have seen a real nice blob eye coming the other way. Slammed with some wide alloys and de spoilered, which makes all the difference I think, it looks wide and menacing. The only thing for me though, however classic it is, just couldnt have one in the blue! I just cringe at car shows when there are lines and lines of blue Imprezas all next to each other
  19. I agree, the nismo bit should be on the outside edge of the matt, not inside
  20. I think there is a small amount of everything needed to be successful or wealthy unless of course you are born into wealth. You dont necessarily make loads of money just from working hard, you need a bit of luck and timing thrown in and possibly a good idea. A couple of examples down my way, a lad late 30's has just sold 50% of his company for £19.2 million after 8 years, what did he start off as, a personal trainer!!!! He set up a company teaching people to be personal trainers! Another lad in his 30's left the marines and set up a private security firm, mainly anti piracy (armed) on container ships/cargo etc and has just started putting security on oil rigs, its been rumoured he has been offered in excess of 50 million after just 6 years. Problem is, i dont see the opportunities to make large sums of money like perhaps when our parents were young and i also think if you want to be wealthy, you have to be ruthless and perhaps even a bit dodgy, so if you have a conscience you wont sleep at night!
  21. Painful today, some times its quick other times its taking over a minute to load a page!!
  22. I cant imagine you wont find a black Pulsar over here and with the yen still a bit low i am not sure they would be much cheaper. But if your really not getting any joy over here I do have a number of a guy that used to run A1 Car Auctions (no longer doing the auctions but still importing) or try Speedline imports, a chap called Martin, an old contact from Rx7 days, a really nice helpful chap who wont have your pants down over the price, http://www.speedlineimports.co.uk/
  23. Personally i think they need to focus on standard of driving far more than a few mph over the speed ltd (time and a place). I have not heard of anyone being booked for the new laws regarding tail gating and middle lane morons. I drove back from Portsmouth the other evening (still light), the m27 was quiet, the amount of people sat in either the middle lane, even the outside lane with nothing ahead for miles was just astounding! Start cracking down on bad driving and handing out points and fines for that if they want to make the roads a better and safer place to be, i have no idea why its just speeding that is seen as so antisocial and dangerous (again within reason).
  24. I tried it years ago, I can turn my hand to most things but couldnt get the knack of it, so happy to pay the small cost it usually is
×
×
  • Create New...