Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. Sorry just read that they only ship within the US, which is odd considering the price is in sterling
  2. Here it is for £200 including the power magic pro thingy http://thedashcamsto...cam-dr600gw-hd/
  3. Do they not have mpg also along side kmph?
  4. 2 too many doors
  5. Ballast should run about £60 on eBay and a pair of matching bulbs about £20
  6. Are you sure the dials are in KPH? I'm pretty sure they'll be in both like UK cars, unless of course is is actually a JDM.
  7. Chris Knott beat my Admiral quote by 10%, plus as mentioned before, Admiral don't cover mods like for like, Chris Knotts underwriters do
  8. Doesn't the Uprev have switchable maps, not throttle ratios? It does remove the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear throttle delay, however, but the ratio stays the same.
  9. This came up last week I believe. I think the consensus was no, unfortunately
  10. http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/31-wanted/
  11. For future reference, there is a whole section devoted to spotted cars
  12. Yea, do you fancy flying over to have a look at them for me?
  13. The car was only about 6 months old when it was crashed, isn't it quite common for insurance companies to write off new vehicles for little damage? It does seem very cheap, though and quite dodgy that he accepted an offer £4-5k below his price, but it could prove to be an incredible deal if theres nothing untoward about it
  14. You've just hit the nail on the head with that last sentence, for some reason I never thought of that See i've been thinking I want a car that'll do me a good 5 years, so thats why I was thinking so much about the mileage and age, but it never crossed my mind that I can just try it out for a year without loosing too much, unless I trade it in of course. I'm glad those checks are only a couple of hundred, I was thinking a grand when you mentioned them There are two very well renowned Porsche Specialists over here in George McMillan and Allan McGookin who I would have looking after the car and I'm sure could do the checks Thanks a lot for your help, Dan.
  15. And it's still 50/50 Ekona - funny I was thinking that, higher miles therefore problems have already surfaced. However, like you say, it goes against what we, as buyers want, low miles. I may ask the 911 seller about those checks you mentioned and maybe there has been a recent check performed, if not I guess I could get the checks done myself if they're not too expensive? What kind of dough would those run? I keep hearing great things about the Cayman, but I do wish it had a few more hp, because the S is about on power with the 06 zed and I have a bit if stigmata about that, even though it's still faster in just about every way, and it's still not a 911 The 911 is 9 years old, though to the Caymans 7 and has twice the miles. Also the 2 cars in question are red and silver, 911 is silver, which is a bit boring
  16. I just looked at the votes, 50/50 seems the populous is as stuck about this as me
  17. Thanks for the effort of those funding cars, however, despite the bigger selection, I won't be buying from the mainland. I can't take the risk if something being wrong then having to return the car to the dealership and all that nonsense Ekona - you hit the nail on the head, it's not a 911! If I didn't have an inkling that I'd regret the Cayman because it's not a 911, there would be no contest. But, they are quite different cars, not to mention the advantage of lesser miles and years on the Cayman for the same money, I also think I prefer the look of the Cayman to the 997. But this brings us back to the original point - ITS NOT A 911!! Are the IMS/RMS issues as "common" in the 2006-2007 Caymans? That could swing it, simply because I don't have £10k lying about for a possible maybe might happen but probably won't problem lol
  18. It's uncanny how many of your suggestions were on my list that I've now narrowed down to the 2 Porkers. E92 M3 and E64 M6 are both in budget and both available for sale not too far from me, but this is a toy car, to be driven on nice weekends and for fun, so I think the M's are a little too "4 seater saloon" The lotus is a good shout and I've noticed a couple for sale recently for £10k or under, but it must be yellow for me and the only 2 worth talking about over here are silver and green. I'd like to know a bit more about them before looking seriously at them but I do agree that it's a must own car, as is a 911 Jjt, thanks for the offer, I may give you a shout Ekona, have you driven much in a Cayman to compare to the 997? The seal issues are pretty scary with these 2 and apparently there's no easy way to check. However there is a 55k Cayman for about £15k so that would leave me some cash to bring it to a specialist to fit new seals for peace of mind, maybe.
  19. Which would you opt for? Feel free to offer up another suggestion if you think there is something better, I'm having trouble deciding which direction I'd like to take.
  20. KyleR

    Lift

    Few too many bigmacs that weekend?
  21. KyleR

    Lift

    Different websites different figures if you go to www.wheelsizecalculator.com and put in 350Z front it says my fronts should be 245 35 20 not the 30s I have No, the 30's you have are the right size, 35's will give you a tyre that has a diameter of almost 2 cm larger. I think he car LOOKS higher, but thats just because of the larger wheels, I'm pretty sure it's within a mm or 2 of stock height. 245/35/19 is stock size for 19's, your 245/40/18's are smaller than stock, so it makes sense that the car would ground out more often.
  22. KyleR

    Lift

    Low tyre pressures?
  23. Correction, completely wrong for a standard zed
  24. Apart from the bonnet, the DE rev up and HR are indentical on the outside and interior Engine differences from 05 DE to 06 DE are the intake system, plenum and valving to start with. Not sure what else, but I'm sure there's more.
  25. What are you going to fund with the revenue generated from selling the 2 badges? A new house?
×
×
  • Create New...