-
Posts
3,931 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by 370Ad
-
I have taken off my Rota's and put the Rays back on for winter.....looks @*!# now
-
Silver 04 and black 350 make it into the official video:
-
That takes some big balls...
-
As much as I hate to say it....I agree with this man
-
These any of yours?!
-
Saw a few but only got a photo of one!
-
It's only got 40k so seems a good deal with the care package above!
-
Welcome! Look forward to seeing the Z in a years time
-
You two are so uptight....everything I have said is fact you cut corners (tyres) or were wrong (rays not being standard) just bloody admit it! I am happy to say I couldn't justify the Volks...
-
I recall this too but couldn't find the thread
-
Well they were a 1k extra on the DE so your wrong there! Anyway I have made my point, laters!
-
I said standard not rays
-
How is it cutting corners? Do you not understand there is more choice, less weight, better turn in due to less sidewall etc etc. I'm running Pilot super sports I don't see how that is cutting corners? What tyres do you run? Because you are not buying the correct tyre size which was designed for the car? So the speedometer, mileage, traction control, torque and gearing settings are all based on the distance that the tyre travels over one complete revolution. A tyre with a different outside diameter will travel a different distance over that one revolution with a different amount of torque. For an extra £30 a corner why not put the correct size tyres on? It doesn't matter if they are bloody F1 tyres....if they are the wrong size its a waste of time.... I agree that it might not make 'that' much difference dropping the profile down by 5 but it is cutting corners What about buying wheels who pump out replicas? I personally don't have a problem with it but isn't it cutting corners? Surely you should stick to Oem wheels. Can't say much else the posts above are spot on. It makes such little difference to alot of thr stuff but makes a big difference to weight. Pick up a wheel with 45'd compared to 40's. Heavier which is unsparing weight. Less sidewall distortion so a more positive turn in. The also look way way way better. Now your just being silly....these 'replica' wheels are a perfect fit for the car. They match all the right tolerances/specs needed, exactly the same as OEM wheels. Just admit you cut a corner to save £120?! Go on it isn't that hard to say! I will go first if it helps....'I couldn't justify spending £2k+ on Volks so I bought Rotas instead'. apart from the fact there alot heavier than what the 'OEM' suspension and wheel bearings etc was designed to carry so your choice is more likely to wear out suspensions parts etc alot faster which i would say is more of a concern than a rolling radius change that wont effect anything other than speedo error, I know which one nissan would frown upon more from an oem manufacture point of view. They are lighter than the standard wheels so it would definitely be the tyres that are frowned upon...boom!
-
How is it cutting corners? Do you not understand there is more choice, less weight, better turn in due to less sidewall etc etc. I'm running Pilot super sports I don't see how that is cutting corners? What tyres do you run? Because you are not buying the correct tyre size which was designed for the car? So the speedometer, mileage, traction control, torque and gearing settings are all based on the distance that the tyre travels over one complete revolution. A tyre with a different outside diameter will travel a different distance over that one revolution with a different amount of torque. For an extra £30 a corner why not put the correct size tyres on? It doesn't matter if they are bloody F1 tyres....if they are the wrong size its a waste of time.... I agree that it might not make 'that' much difference dropping the profile down by 5 but it is cutting corners What about buying wheels who pump out replicas? I personally don't have a problem with it but isn't it cutting corners? Surely you should stick to Oem wheels. Can't say much else the posts above are spot on. It makes such little difference to alot of thr stuff but makes a big difference to weight. Pick up a wheel with 45'd compared to 40's. Heavier which is unsparing weight. Less sidewall distortion so a more positive turn in. The also look way way way better. Now your just being silly....these 'replica' wheels are a perfect fit for the car. They match all the right tolerances/specs needed, exactly the same as OEM wheels. Unfortunately the same can't be said for 40 to 45 profile. If the wheels had wobbly bolts then I get your point but they don't.... Just admit you cut a corner to save £120?! Go on it isn't that hard to say! I will go first if it helps....'I couldn't justify spending £2k+ on Volks so I bought Rotas instead'.
-
How is it cutting corners? Do you not understand there is more choice, less weight, better turn in due to less sidewall etc etc. I'm running Pilot super sports I don't see how that is cutting corners? What tyres do you run? Because you are not buying the correct tyre size which was designed for the car? So the speedometer, mileage, traction control, torque and gearing settings are all based on the distance that the tyre travels over one complete revolution. A tyre with a different outside diameter will travel a different distance over that one revolution with a different amount of torque. For an extra £30 a corner why not put the correct size tyres on? It doesn't matter if they are bloody F1 tyres....if they are the wrong size its a waste of time.... I agree that it might not make 'that' much difference dropping the profile down by 5 but it is cutting corners So the speedometer - Use a sat nav for true speed as the car is out +/- 3% anyway, mileage - not exactly a huge concern as the effect will be tiny, traction control - If you really have an issue drive without it, if you rely on it you shouldn't be driving the car, torque - is produced by the engine and not the tyres, so the effect is miniscule and gearing settings - unless you're going from a 15" alloy to a 18" alloy the difference will again, tiny! are all based on the distance that the tyre travels over one complete revolution. - Over a mile the 45 profile will rotate 756.3 times, on the 40 profile the tyre will rotate 784.6 times. Not a huge difference! A tyre with a different outside diameter will travel a different distance over that one revolution with a different amount of torque. Speedo differences for you: 20 - 19.3 30 - 28.9 40 - 38.5 50 - 48.1 60 - 57.8 70 - 67.4 80 - 77 90 - 86.6 100% agree as stated in my post above it won't make that much difference with the profile drop we are talking about but it is cutting corners and more people will do it now the Z is getting cheaper I don't have standard tyre sizes as I run 19's but its the closest you can get them. Its less than 1% out aswell, where as this is 3.7%
-
How is it cutting corners? Do you not understand there is more choice, less weight, better turn in due to less sidewall etc etc. I'm running Pilot super sports I don't see how that is cutting corners? What tyres do you run? Because you are not buying the correct tyre size which was designed for the car? So the speedometer, mileage, traction control, torque and gearing settings are all based on the distance that the tyre travels over one complete revolution. A tyre with a different outside diameter will travel a different distance over that one revolution with a different amount of torque. For an extra £30 a corner why not put the correct size tyres on? It doesn't matter if they are bloody F1 tyres....if they are the wrong size its a waste of time.... I agree that it might not make 'that' much difference dropping the profile down by 5 but it is cutting corners
-
The Z is getting cheaper so people are bound to start cutting corners....you can see it with the for sale ad's as well.
-
I cant think of a single convertible which looks better than a coupe...
-
Haha what a rebel he is!
-
If thats with tyres I will have them I imagine not though! £750 without tyres, add £600 for Michelin Pilot Super Sport 5.5-6mm all round (about £900 brand new 8mm) Thought that would be the case
-
If thats with tyres I will have them I imagine not though!
-
£600 will get you some 19's which will require spacers (£200) and ruin the handling of the car. Trust me I used to own some You will get something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-And-370z-Alloy-Wheels-Deep-Dish-19-Set-Of-4-/261320091259?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item3cd7e4267b Tyre sizes are incorrect too!
-
I will be rocking up to Glasgow soon....my boss wants me to fly but trying to get the go ahead on a road trip
-
Interesting you should say that, I've been thinking about the suspension and wheels since I've taken care of most of the other stuff on my list, but I must admit I don't get the whole "stance" deal. I can see that flush wheels look much better but what else bothers you about the stock set up? When I look back at her in the car park as I walk away, my eye is drawn to the silhouette; the bonnet, roof, tail and I always think to myself how great the Zed looks and that I'd never thought I'd have a car like it. Maybe I'm just not seeing it? Is it arch gap, tyre profile, something else? I'm not having a go (if it comes across that way, which I hope it won't) I'm curious as to what others see that is escaping me. Its all personal preference my friend but I just believe the Z's wheels are very set back into the arch when compared against other standard cars. It makes the car look a lot narrower than it is and a bit 'weedy'. Obviously there are two different spectrum's to this and I think the new phase of cool crazy camber is silly but there is some middle ground. If you like it then good on you....saves you some money
-
Great photos! Unfortunately they show the Z has an awful stance as standard