Jump to content

Gudzy

Moderators
  • Posts

    1,417
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gudzy

  1. Gudzy

    Nail in a tyre :(

    The tyre place will check if it's repairable, if it's too near the sidewall it won't be. If you need to replace that one I'd do both at the same time.
  2. I tend to go from rac and aa each year using quidco to get a sizeable discount. I normally end up paying less than £10 a year for the basic cover.
  3. It's strange to me to see it with the hard top, I've only ever seen them with the soft top.
  4. For me it's a same it's not for the passenger side as my passenger side headlight has got a few marks.
  5. http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=56497 That thread has got a bit bogged down with other stuff though...
  6. to the forum, good to see another will be coming to West Yorks.
  7. I get something similar but it seems to just be at a certain sped for me. I've thought it was from not having the arch liners in as mine are missing.
  8. In case you don't know, the pictures of the azure has an n2 style bumper without canards.
  9. He recommends only using the Nissan oem plus molyslip which he sells at a good price. It's what I intend to use come service time.
  10. Gudzy

    ouch :(

    I'm now glad that I'm not really a fan of the stretched tyre look.
  11. Gudzy

    Can't work...

    When I'm sat at my desk at work I can see my zed out the window in the car pack, but as there's a planned development at that site we are having to move to one further away. I'll still be able to see it out of a window, but it'll involve getting up in future I'm not sure how I get any work done really!
  12. My journey to work is a short one also and I get low MPG when using it to go to work. Would an uprev help to make it run leaner during a cold start and so help with fuel economy quite a bit with cold starts especially? I dont think you can no. It will run open loop until the cats are heated up. This is where it burns quite a bit more fuel than when warm, when it then switches to closed loop where the target AFR can be set. I would ask Mark@Abbey if theres anything that can be done, but my guess is that its just the way it is as you need to let the cats warm up. If you are close to work I would suggest cycling. I would love to be close enough to work to ride every day and leave the car for weekend fun, but its a 35 mile round trip for me and its a bit That just sounds like a good excuse to get berks/ decats! That should liven up the K1, it's not quite got my ears bleeding yet Cycling is something I've considered with the cycle to work scheme but I definitely don't see it happening in winter when it's dark on the journey home. My journey takes more like 15mins really but quite a bit of that is warming up or waiting at lights it seems.
  13. My journey to work is a short one also and I get low MPG when using it to go to work. Would an uprev help to make it run leaner during a cold start and so help with fuel economy quite a bit with cold starts especially?
  14. You could get a set of standard wheels used with tyres for much less than that from a scrap yard or eBay, I've done a quick search and came across Item #:110770851015 or Item #:250910918131 I know nothing about wheels for the TT but would either of them be suitable? Plenty of set of wheels with tyres if you have a search.
  15. Gudzy

    Minor mod....

    And so it begins...
  16. Just tried to have another go with this. The door card came off really easily this time, must have loosened it last time Having connected it all up though, neither the lock or the switch will move the mirrors anymore. I even tried connected back up the 2 wires which were cut but the button on the door still wasnt doing anything. Its got cold and dark now so I've put the door card back on etc, but what can I try next weekend? I'm thinking I might not have crimped the new connections in step 17 on properly?
  17. If she didn't appreciate how bad they are then fair enough but she obviously knows what you (and anyone who looks after their cars) think of auto car washes.
  18. Having read the thread on whether to uprev or not the D1 throttle controller was recommended and it's got me interested in getting one. Has anyone got one they want to sell. £80 seems to be the going rate for 2nd hand... Also, if anyone wants to explain the new functions of the version 3 to me it would be appreciated.
  19. Yep, I felt like I was going to break something myself so thought I'd post on here for advice first before I did some damage. I'll eat my spinach and hopefully have another go this weekend if the weather isn't bad.
  20. I've done step 6 but I couldn't figure out what I'm doing in step 7, there seems to be 4 indentations under the door and I couldn't pull it off. Any tips?
  21. Gudzy

    Toyota FT-86

    There have been fwd impreza's before, but not a model where the only option was to have rwd as far as I'm aware. I think this should fit in the Toyota and Subaru range nicely as a sporty coupe is something they are both missing. I also love the unique sound of the subaru boxer engine, it's the car I was wanting when I bought the zed really.
  22. I think this is the post Zugara was referring to as the recent similar issue: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54420
  23. PM'd regarding cargo net and gear knob
  24. Tarmac posted a £20 discount on a stillen one today: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=55292
  25. Welcome If you haven't already found it, to get into reverse press down then its where 6th is. I didn't figure it out straight away either
×
×
  • Create New...