Jump to content

scobie140

Members
  • Posts

    1,000
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by scobie140

  1. Already dropped him a PM a few days back but no reply, don't think he's on very often so will just have to wait till he pops on next. In no rush so can wait
  2. Yeh the fine pitch caught me out when I first got the car and was servicing it, damaged a few threads on the strut bar bolt but luckily one of the turners at work had a thread file the right pitch so tidied up nicely, I'm in no rush so will wait till you get back and double check my sizes before I hassle a turner to make these up, measure twice cut once.... no wait it was do it nice or do it twice haha. Have a good holiday
  3. Ohh FFS! just dawned on me I've been over thinking all this spacer business, they can only be one damn size... the same as the bloody spacer! are they just spacer bushes? or do they have a sealing face top and bottom?
  4. Posting the exhausts?
  5. cheers for the response guys. the bolts and washers aren't an issue to get hold of just need to know what ones and how long really, can get these from work pretty easy. its the nylon spacers which has been the ballache for me. I can get them made no problem at work if they don't have to be rubber. I just don't have drawing for sizes or if there should be any spigots for o-ring etc. If you don't mind wasso could you tell me or PM if you don't want it public the dimensions etc of your nylon spacers. then I can just add the difference of your custom spacer and the skunk one to the length. In hind sight I should have just bought one of yours but thought I could save a few quid and just get a fitting kit from skunk, should have known that nothings ever that easy
  6. Never thought about that! I was going to go for a wasso one but got this at a much better price and thought getting a kit would be simples. The skunk kit is thicker, 5/8 if i remember correctly so would need bigger spacers and longer bolts but wouldn't take much to calculate the difference in sizes. I'll drop him a PM later
  7. Managed to get hold of a skunk2 plenum spacer, however it came with basically no fitting kit. 2 knackered rubber spacers and a few odds and sods bolts. Thought this would be no problem I thought, just get in touch with skunk and purchase a new fitting kit, But no! Their customer service is crap! sent stacks of emails to them asking about buying a kit from them or if they can give me details of the suppliers of the kits(mainly rubber spacers I need) and even asked for a parts list so I could try to source the bit myself but only got a no we don't sell the fitting kit and never ever got a reply when asking about suppliers, part number or parts list. Anyway rant over. Can anyone point me in the direction of a fitting kit for these? even just the rubber spacers and a list of what bolts is needed as I can source the bolts from work no problem. worst case would be if anyone had a techy drawing of the rubber spacers then I could get new ones machined from metal or plastic and modified so they seal top and bottom. A bit of a long shot but any helps appreciated
  8. Last day on the bay, still under £2 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281152047236?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  9. seen these on ebay a few times, the passenger side one's always seem to be about £80 but the drivers side are only about £40. But driver side is no use if you have a DE engine. Not sure if any traders on here sell them though
  10. from my understanding as long as there warm they should be fine, they are just less restrictive cats not de cats
  11. If this is still needing numbers after 8th of Nov i'll stick my name down. But have got a wedding and a stag do in Newcastle to pay for in the next few month so can't commit till then
  12. If mpg was an issue i'd own a diesel, but got to admit I save a fortune over the winter on petrol(never mind ware and tare) when I'm running my banger
  13. On ebay now, 99p no reserve
  14. I'd be up for DE but would have to wait till after the wedding in Nov so will need to wait and see when/if this all comes about
  15. think I had first dips but missed out due to being at a training course and not being able to reply
  16. Nice! there's a grey/ silver one around this way, sounds awesome
  17. X reg 1.25 for fiesta £400 with a years Mot haha. last winters scrapper 1.2 w reg punto failed its Mot with 21 outright failures plus 10 more advisories so just binned it and got another banger. pays for its self after 5 or 6 tanks of petrol when the zeds not being used due to salt/ice/snow on the roads, plus if it gets wrecked in a snowy/icy accident I'm not fussed.
  18. Nah serves the driver right for trying to be a smart ar*se, guys just doing his job no need to run over his foot
  19. Haha, Would be impressive trying to fit 13" wheels over the brembo's
  20. Full lock drifting sounded much better!
  21. Its amazing how stuff like this goes un noticed for years, yet people have probably been very close to it and just never knew they were there
  22. Just got 4 steelies with almost brand new tyres on all for £30 for my new winter scrapper! The joys of 13" wheels. I did loose a wheel trim on the trip home though
  23. I've only another 44k to go to catch up! Hope that was on the motorway at 60+mph haha
  24. Could possibly be the other sensor, I got the error code up and just changed them with a pair from Zmanalex^^ but try the spacers first since there cheaper.
×
×
  • Create New...