Jump to content

scobie140

Members
  • Posts

    1,000
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by scobie140

  1. Well Kincardine( I know you said Clackmannan Irfan but someone might go via Kincardine bridge) or Edinburgh is both semi close so we can meet with who ever is leaving latest. Going out sat night and got the dog to take out before we leave so later is better to avoid messey carpets!
  2. Anyone going from or passing through the Falkirk area to get there? and what time are we ment to be there?
  3. As title really, they had a sort of open day at falkirk stadium today about jobs for sadara in sudi. sold it well but that is there job after all. anyone delt with any of them or know much about there salery structure? work patterns etc?
  4. good shed although the engine size is a bit big for proper shedding
  5. i noticed that aswell
  6. I only have standard ramps that don't fit the zed. did plan to make my own low profile ramps but never got round to getting a welder. no sign of my clutch going so plenty of time to get them made up.
  7. I've done this the last two years, bought a scrapper with 1years Mot for less than £500, last year was a 1.2 punto and this year a 1.25 fiesta. Cheap to insure and ridiculously cheap to run and maintain if it does break. plus if you want winter tyres you can get them for less than £100 where as winter tyres on the zed will cost you over £500 anyway. plus its good to have a crap car you don't care about when going to busy car parks or football games etc.
  8. Good effort! just shows the clutch can be done without needing ramps, looks like I have no excuse for not doing my own when ever it decides to go
  9. don't know anything about the company/brand but the turbo looks cheaply made. def don't want to be scrimping on something that spins at several thousand rpm!
  10. cheers, lets hope its dry
  11. mine's sounds right to me
  12. don't bother getting winter tyres, just buy a wee small engined £500 scrapper with an mot till after the winter. works out cheaper and if you crash it in the snow/ice it doesn't matter. sell after winter and recoup most of your cash plus you'll have saved a fortune on petrol and wear and tear on the z
  13. Only time i'd stick into a garage for anything is if it was a two man job or required ramps, don't think I've let a garage do anything other than Mot's and tyres in about 5 Years on all our cars and bike, If I couldn't service a car or bike then I don't think my work would be happy letting me loose on all there machinery! I'm no expert, I'm always learning but there's always plenty of guides or drawing to help as long as you can understand them and understand why you do what you do when your are doing the task not just blindly follow instructions. when buying a car that's been self serviced I'll look for receipts and grill the owner to see if they know their stuff.
  14. 320Miles! that's commitment, I won't travel further than 30min of driving when getting a car haha
  15. just done it
  16. Just checked my pattern, I can make it so count me in then
  17. working 12hour night shift on a shutdown as of tomorrow so will need it see if it falls on a rest day
  18. I'll need a new front plate for my mot so will need to remove the plinth and check the paint under its ok to do this, looks much better
  19. By same pipe I ment that all the 95 ron is the same and the premiums stuff is the same not just one petrol and one diesel
  20. You could possibly get away with it since the plenum is low pressure but I wouldn't recommend it, plus if the stainless expands quicker than the bolts then could end up cracking the plenum or stretching the bolts. But lots of different factors are involved so countless things could happen.
  21. Same loading pipeline fills up all the different branded tankers, just bp/shell put clever marketing on it then charge you extra. would hardly be worth a refinery having multiple set ups for all the different companies it supplies when its all basically the same. Just make it to the top spec then it covers all the lesser ones, much simpler and needs less storage tanks and plant etc
  22. Might not solve the issue as the profile is lower than it should be to keep it to original circumference spec, 275/35/19 should be fitted like buster said.
  23. Got the rear wiper and motor with all fittings £20 posted
  24. Love the blackened lights, wish I had the balls the bake mine and do it
  25. ep3 type r to 350z, I do miss the type r from time to time though
×
×
  • Create New...