-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Well actually they do, and the price difference in the second hand market is around £400 to £500 depending on dealer or private sale. The extra it costs when new isn't reflected in second hand value and that is true of many cars. Essentially, the difference between a fully loaded car and one that isn't is that one sells easier than the other and the buyer will only add a token value to the fully loaded model. There is an argument to made in that people buying second-hand cars probably have more consideration for resale value than people buying new cars - lets face it, no one buys new cars with the hope of getting anything like the purchase price back, unless it's something REALLY special. Phil Like Sarnie says, have to disagree, more loaded cars sell for more - at pretty much all levels. I recently spent 2 months looking at tens of Ford Focus's in the £2k price bracket, could have snapped up a decent 1.6LX for £1.8k no problem but hung out and bought a similar mile/condition Ghia for £2.2k - I paid for the premium kit, and that was a cheaper one that I had to wait 2 months to find and buy the day it went up for sale. When I was looking to buy a Zed, spent about 4 weeks doing it, noticed in that time non GTs sitting on autotrader longer than GTs, but in my view they were somewhat overpriced so whether they were there because they were non GTs or because they were overpriced is open to debate. Zeds suffer from seasonality as well, after I bought mine prices of Black GTs went up and I was dead chuffed with my bargain - now though the price (taking into account 9 months of time passed) is way down on what I paid because we are in winter. So you are at a good time to buy I think. By all accounts it happens each year from what I have read on here.
-
WARNING! FAKE APEXI EL2 GAUGES By MJC Racing Parts
coldel replied to taras's topic in Off Topic Discussion
It makes me laugh this - not because of Taras being ripped off which annoys me - but laugh at companies (including ebay) that complain bitterly that we shouldn't buy counterfeit goods, that we should be vigilant, look out for rip offs and report them - only to find they couldnt give two hoots when you do report it. -
Key word is innapropriate - in that you have repaired some wiring using an old bubble gum wrapper and its contents or something of the ilk I suspect!
-
I have flyeyes and will probably peel it all off prior to MoT in Feb.
-
...I quite liked this article, I don't want this thread to go down similar routes to the striking threads we have had before but gives you an insight into how trade unions mindsets are, and why its so hard to get them to see anything from a different viewpoint. http://news.sky.com/home/business/article/16142805 His ideals are good, create jobs, support over worked workers, more productive. Firstly creating jobs has to be good. Supporting over worked workers, again yes like that. More productive, probably true but so so hard to prove. It is just a shame that it skips from these ideals straight to 'hire more work less' without any practical argument to back it up. He references 'survey results' all through it which is good but I dont think he is when he mentions 'pointless presenteeism' which I dont think is prevelant in the private sector, of all the people I know they are not hanging around to show a face, they are to ensure the business stays afloat. Ultimately, there is no solution here, simply stating that one million jobs are potentially there and saying companies should recruit more is just ridiculous. I am not sure if he has looked at the growing jobless totals, companies cant afford to keep employees let alone hire and people are working longer hours to cover the time left by the people made redundant.
-
I had a missed call from a Watford number, it is the customer care number I believe. I also got an 'urgent' email asking me to call them as they need to clear access to my account to check the transaction and need to ask me security details to confirm I am me.
-
Cheers Dan Looking at the above - very chuffed I kept my OEM bumper and restyled it than bought a Nismo!
-
OK didn't see the bit about super/turbo charging it...
-
"A catalytic convertor fitted as original equipment but missing will be a reason for failure" Assume Berks HFCs still do the job and will pass through the MoT?
-
Thank goodness for that, drives me mad having to put up with cars going around with these HIDs blinding you in the other direction, to the point even the other night I almost had to stop as the car coming the other way completely blinded me and I couldnt see anything at all in front of me.
-
As Ricey says, older cars by default have more mileage and the ones with low mileage are few and far between and are far from a 'bargain'. Glasses I would be wary of believing as gospel btw - I know for a fact in the trade there is a lot of anger amongst car dealers who find their valuations on lesser known cars poor. Like you I didnt want a JDM either, although since paying extra for a UK car (which you will have to too) and having seen a lot of very nice JDMs on here I do wonder if it really makes any difference. I see you didnt mention service history, 350z engines are very reliable plenty on here are approaching or passed 100k miles no problem. Just make sure you get a fully stamped service history, doesnt all have to be Nissan either, if it has a reputable independant in there it is just as good Its a good time to buy though, prices are down but beware that waiting too long and you might find prices recover towards summer.
-
New discs and pads all round probably in March Baby in February Rear LED Lights and facelift fronts Side steps and carbon front lip
-
Ah ok, saw a number of pictures over the past year where they put an s2000 aerial on and it over hung? Maybe they were not genuine and were ebay copies?
-
People seem mad for these stubbies but they have an overhang on the Z aerial mount and in my personal opinion look a bit rubbish up close
-
Cant confirm but most are universal fit, in fact my momo handle partially went over the handbrake with the old leather still on!
-
As above - wooden flooring especially in a large living room makes for a very cold feeling environment. Not only tempurature but I find it hard to get cosy and really 'feel at home'. We are renting at the moment, have wood floors, if and when we buy another place it will be carpeted in the living room for sure.
-
I think Douglas Adams though is somewhat misqouted on this occasion, to draw a line of numbers, then to draw them again with the digit I had different is very highly inprobably. To draw two lines of numbers which have no relation is very highly probable. Again it comes back to the hypothesis you are testing rather than post calculating the probability of drawing those numbers. The probability of drawing 6 random numbers in the lottery is 100% (so more than 9 out of 10!) the probability of drawing 6 preselected numbers is something like 13m to 1. I guess if the odds of their computer system making an error are higher than the odds of 116m to 1 then 'the odds are' are it was a freak occurance rather than a computer error
-
Yeah I know, although I got a follow up email out of the blue just now from a customer services director saying that they are 'investigating' the case To be honest my initial exasperation has long since passed and I am not too bothered. Mind you if it was a glitch, and hundreds of other people buying EM tickets at the same time got the same numbers as me I would be narked if they came in and shared the money with them all
-
With mine, the handle cover has no button, what protrudes is the original button - the handle is literally a sleeve for the exposed handbrake. Under the handbrake cover, at the button end, you will have a rubber adapter (comes with the handbrake cover) which is snug against the metal handbrake lever. At the base end you will have a number of screws going through the handbrake cover from different directions that tighten against the handbrake lever. So the cover is secured at both ends. As long as you select the right adapter (as mentioned test fit them on their own first) at one end and the screws tight at the other end it is rock solid no movement whatsoever. All seems a bit scary, the drilling and cutting looks scary too - I bought my handbrake cover and left it about 2 months before plucking up the courage to have a go. Spurs Dave was egging me on!
-
This isnt bad, no watermarks? Might be worth reading the terms if you plan on using it commerically. http://www.sxc.hu/
-
Because the first line is random, then the goal is to achieve the same except for the last ball which has to be specifically one number higher than the one drawn on the other line, the odds of it being that specific number is 1 from the remaining 46. Its a condition of the probability. We have to assume that the first line has been drawn and we are looking for OtherDrawBall+1 in the second draw. Easiest thing is to write it out and convert it into numbers Ball 1: Looking for five specific numbers from the draw so 5/50 Ball 2: Looking for four specific numbers from the draw minus one ball drawn so 4/49 etc Ball 5: Looking for one specific number (which is the other draw ball +1, this is a condition of the probability) so 1/46. If Ball 5 was any random ball from remaining balls it would be 1 or 46/46 not 1/46 which shortens the odds as you pointed out. ...didnt mean this thread to get so long - just a random post I put up after being fobbed off
-
In case you forget which gear you are in... http://www1.conrad-uk.com/scripts/wgate/zcop_uk/~flN0YXRlPTI4NDIwODExMQ==?direkt_aufriss_area=SHOP_AREA_37317&~template=PCAT_AREA_S_browse&p_page_to_display=&catalogs_sub_id=sub8&aktiv=8&navi=oben_2
-
Cov Uni Engineering When I was there (in the not so well regarded economics department) I house shared with some final year students for a few weeks who were on the engineering/design course, they all had five or six A* A-Levels each and already had top of the line jobs sorted for when they left at Suzuki etc.
-
Pretty sure it has to be 116m odd, as I am not selecting a random 5th ball from the remaining 46 balls, it has to be the one incremental to the one selected in the other draw...to do the numbers you need to look at the draw probabilities so 5/50 x 4/49 x 3/48 x 2/47 x 1/46 (this is the debatable one, as my different ball was one digit higher therfore can only be one of the 5 actually drawn you could assume that if it was random then it changes the whole formula to start from 4/50) for the main draw, but, I also got exactly the same bonus numbers so that an additional 2/11 x 1/10 multiplied against the other calc which brings up 116m
-
Thats the problem these days - the customer service team are so far removed from any kind of real "do-er" (coder, designer, etc) of the systems that they dont even know where to start asking the questions, let alone get answers. Far easier for them to just say "computer is right" and hang up on you That does sound very odd, epescially as the only different digit is the last one and its only one higher than the previous line. However I guess (and I havent done stats/probabilities for a long time) the actual probability of both numbers coming up is the same (they are both just a randomly generated number and just as likely to come up as each other or any other number combination), but having them one after the other is a very very long shot. OK so thats not quite true if you know how computers and random number generators really work, but when they designed the random number generator they wont have coded it as just doing +1 Yes a huge misconception that things are random. Calculators use formula to 'generate' random numbers but they aren't. By even having the lottery numbers drop into the machine in numerical order is already inducing bias, there will be weight variations in the balls etc etc, nothing is truly random But yeah on this occasion, the odds are pretty much non existant that it could have happened at random, that you draw a set of numbers, then draw the same again expect the last one which is one digit higher. I might even sit down and try remember probability class and work it out... edit: worked it out, odds are of getting the same first four numbers from 50, then the next number one digit higher, followed by the same two numbers from the draw from eleven balls is = 116,531,800 to 1