Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Talking of money... http://news.sky.com/home/business/article/16169081
  2. But thats my point, teams in the lower parts of the PL are further away from the Championship teams financially. Developing youth players is very much a debatable point now that the EPPP was 'bullied' through the system. In that the Premier League continues to fund lower league clubs to the tune of circa £5m a year (a drop in the ocean for the PL, an aid to survival for others) as long as the Premier League teams can buy the youth players at significantly reduced rates. The time of multi million pound transfers for youth players from teams outside the PL is over, instead the PL teams can cherry pick who they like for minimal outlay with little risk if the player doesnt develop, they can just drop them out the squad without too much concern to money lost. The cost of maintaining the youth setups at many clubs is now unsustainable and has cut off traditionally a valuable source of income to lower league clubs. As a nation we have become obsessed with the Premier League thanks to Sky, if you go to other countries they show plenty of other country's football, here though we barely get a sniff of it.
  3. Not a good time of year to have it switched off though
  4. Good points, although who has won the PL since its inception apart from Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea (yes there has been Blackburn as a one off). Even Chelsea and City wouldnt have gotten near it without ridiculous amounts of spending. My big fear is the gulf that exists and widens each season between the PL and the Championship. As rightly pointed out only a few teams in Spain have serious spending power, but the TV money thrown at the PL makes it even harder for smaller clubs to progress vs say La Liga where bottom half top tier teams probably have similar spending power as top half second tier teams. I suppose it was inevitable that money would find its way to a national sport, although there is no denying it has taken the magic away from the sport Like I said earlier, that African nations cup final, was the first decent match I have watched in an age, and I bet none of those players would give a jot about pay or appearance bonuses on the night.
  5. Its all karma mate!
  6. See I wouldnt agree at all mate Italy is a fierce league, the defenders are world renowned for putting it about. Its generally accepted though that foreign players brought the play acting to british shores, but british players play act as much as the next man nowadays - the only reason we have so many foreigners in the PL is because they can earn twice as much as playing elsewhere. The media will have you believe the PL is the best league in the world, not sure on what basis though. More likely they are going to say that because they represent the PL, they are hardly going to say it might be the best league in the world but Spain is better, its just that we all fell for it when Sky was empire building. Cant imagine how it can declare itself the best league in the world when most of the very best players in the world dont play in it I dont see anyone of the caliber of Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar in fact most of the Brazlian team etc etc. Look at the list of world player of the year awards, Ronaldo at Man Utd features once as a winner and Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry both came runners up but over the last 20 years the very best players generally, are outside the premier league. I think we confuse paying players ridiculous amounts in salaries and paying double what a players worth as for making a top league vs just how good players really are.
  7. Just chanced across this, could be a repost, if so await the dreaded nonsmiley http://auto.howstuffworks.com/nissan-350z-design.htm
  8. The backend looks like its been encased in carbonite and sprayed a stooopid colour - nasty nasty nasty
  9. Because he did it in reaction to Suarez not shaking Evra's hand Which I think is spot on. What we don't know, is if Ferdinand would have done that if Evra and Suarez had shaken hands - common sense would say he would have shook his hand as it would have looked bad on him if Evra could get over it and shake Suarez's hand but Ferdinand who hadn't been a part of it all hadn't. But hey who said there was common sense in football nowadays?
  10. I have connections too...but...when I was running the MoT through by all accounts the system has to hook up remotely to the DVLA who take an electronic record of the emmissions test...as far as I know. So it must pass, regardless of how well you know the tester - well that was my understanding - Im sure there must be a garage on here who can comment?
  11. loads of bits from this seller...rear lights, bumper, OEM y pipe, doors, seat and rad amongst other things http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Vehicle-Parts-Accessories-/131090/i.html?rt=nc&Make=Nissan&_catref=1&_dmpt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&_fln=1&_ssn=autohouseyork&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1539
  12. Glad I watched football instead - recorded it so I could skip through the dross...actually skipped most of it, terrible terrible episode!
  13. ...and that there is the conclusion! Great noise at a sacrifice of a couple of horses out of 300 - I can live with that.
  14. He will be branded a chav and exiled
  15. I remember when the bad sporting element began (ironically only a year or so after the inception of the premier league and the money that came with it) and you would see genuine honest players make a tackle and barely touch the guy and he goes down, the tackling player would then be disgusted with him and give him a piece of his mind - and in fact when I play (vets footy!) it is still the same - if a player dives even his own team will lay into him. Nowadays when you see players diving, cheating and generally falling over the offending player just carries on and accepts the decision - they know the game has been changed to suit cheaters. Money has ruined English football and there is no way back unfortunately, I find the words 'premier league' filthy and full of corruption. I watched the African Nations cup final last night, it finished 0-0 after two hours play and it was fantastic to watch. Physical game, played with passion I have not seen in the PL for some time. Stunning game. How it used to be. /end rant
  16. Incredible game in the CAF final...what a penalty shoot out!
  17. Decats will fail an MoT on visual inspection, even ones that look similar as the tester will be sat there for ages trying to get them to meet emissions I would have thought? Like I said above, my Berks HFCs took a good 5 minutes to get to the pass point.
  18. ... Blue side skirts 07 zed http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-sideskirt-/310379028470 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-sideskirt-/310379028559 Nismo leather gear knob £25 although 5 gears http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISMO-LEATHER-GEAR-KNOB-SKYLINE-200SX-300ZX-350Z-/180817455033
  19. Was You Tubing, ended up looking at some more Messi goal etc then remembered this chap, looking forward to seeing what Neymar ends up doing with his career...looks tremendous.
  20. This did make me laugh, that he came out and apologised for snubbing him. I chanced onto a few Liverpool sites yesterday claiming that it was Evra that snubbed him etc etc and ranting about it - hope they put a post out apologising also today - muppets.
  21. I can - well sort of! Chile vs Brazil WC qualifier I think it was, chilian goalkeeper, had a razor blade behind the goal, when a flare came onto the pitch and chile 3-0 down he grabbed the blade and cut his own face game abandoned for a replay...then they got rumbled! Or something along those lines... ...in general though, football nowadays is played in the majority by a bunch of girls blouses, to the point you can't tackle anymore. All this fake limping after a tackle, which they shake off seconds later, slight elbows into the face that raise a minor bruise that require five minutes of treatment - drives me mad. Not defending rugby though, downright nasty the way they inflict injuries, gouging!!!!!
  22. I love the fact in rugby you had 'blood substitutions' - that sounds 'ard There are a lot of football pansies who you know would cry their eyes out in a fight, that said there are some that are nails, as much as you didnt like Roy Keane he was a hard bloke who was an amateur boxer back in Ireland. The rules in football now much favour the prancing pansy over the hardened player which is why we are seeing more of it.
  23. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nissan-350z-air-filter-box-/180817052681
  24. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Blue-Tooth-Phone-Adapter-/320846629739
  25. Perfectly put. Whats going on with you two lately?
×
×
  • Create New...