Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Loving that Stillen, I got an older one on mine and it sounds
  2. Ah yes! Possible sticky?
  3. I am looking for some information on 350z's, stuff about exhausts, styling, the engine, anything really - how can I find out about it?
  4. Plenty of owners on here with it, lots of postings too - give the search button a try in the top right corner. I got one on my 04 plate Zed. The sound if described would be 'nice' not overbearing but shouts a bit when you rev hard. My insurance went up £20 with it installed. So far lasting fine, got mine in used condition though off a member off here so its about a year old I would say. Performance will only increase when accompanied with an uprev.
  5. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170803012475
  6. ..about 8am this morning, cruising along on the inside lane. I was stuck in the car park that is the eastbound part of the M4.
  7. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Telephone-Kit-Genuine-Part-/170802868725
  8. EPRacing are traders on here. Pretty sure if it didnt fit great or had any problems you could sort it out with them? Just factor in that if you spend £400 on it it probably wont be a direct fit and you will need to spend to make it work. I bought an official Stillen front lip recently and the fit was average, even proper established brands cant get it spot on. Go the Tarmac kit I think.
  9. Looking good Dave, SE meet time me thinks!
  10. Happy birthday chap!
  11. ...as long as the noob doesn't come out with stuff which is clearly off kilter or 'yeah but my mate says' and has been discussed many times before and even then argue the point to death. In this particular case, and not picking on people, I think everyone with some decent ownership knows the Zed will not use the 300bhp to punch a hole in the air and take off into the distance leaving VXRs and Evos in its wake - bizarre it was even debated for so long tbh. I guess people were exasperated and the posts became a bit heated, and well thats about it really. Personally, I didn't see any fanboy posting going on - from my point of view you could argue that the posters 'expectations of the Zed' were different to the people he was debating with and that was where there was going to be no middle ground reached. In that most people expect a GT car when they buy a Zed and as such had no problem with the performance whereas the poster in question seemed to expect a hard accelerating turbo eating machine which the Zed was never meant to be when it was designed What was a bit off kilter is the labelling, either straight line jockey or labelling people as fanboys or someone who is unable to see the deficiencies in their car and hence the rose tinted glasses thing. I dont think there are many of any on here but people arguing their points get labelled this unnecessarily which got peoples backs up.
  12. I think its less the rose tinted specs and more that owners get riled when people who know little about the Zed comment in an uninformed way about it. So more of a defensive spate (but still factually sound...) than them seeing no wrong with their pride and joy. It was a similar behaviour evoked when we had the recent Piston Heads thread when someone asked the 'experts' on there about the Zed and the utter nonsense that was touted about was laughable - but it provoked a quite strong backlash from owners who were again labelled as being rose tinted even when their responses were all factual and properly thought through. Yes people are generally passionate about the car they have purchased, especially as its an emotive purchase and not a functional one. But, they are generally aware of its limitations and whats out there that is better and whats worse. We all know the Zed isn't a replica performance wise of an Evo, but the point that has been made time and again all over this forum, is that it isn't meant to be. Anyway thats my tuppence worth
  13. ..excellent page this - from second pic down you can click on the photo to see how it looked a year ago on that day the Tsunami came in http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2012/03/japan_tsunami_pictures_before.html
  14. Had the same thing with some Brembo discs on ebay not so long ago - the guy accidentally put the pad price, not the disc price. We all got out of stock emails
  15. ...someone from here I am sure! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350z-Greddy-Gracer-Front-Splitter-/300674524227
  16. ..and its also common to see past owners of said single-marques who have moved on to better performing cars who like to think they have a more informed view on things from up atop their tower
  17. Just trying to make sense of how this thread ended up so off topic... Yes you get used to the Zed performance, like any car actually, it's not really a eureka moment. Then a poster mentioned that he was disappointed with the Zed as it didn't rip his arms off. Responses were that "it won't that's not what a Zed is for". It seems that poster had 1. An expectation that the extra BHP would in itself give big performance and 2. Maybe some misinformation prior to purchase as he said he expected a "performance animal" I think people pointed out that it isn't (which is very much the opposite of rose tinted glasses) and tried to give some context based on what they EXPECTED which was probably more in line with what a Zed offers when they bought a Zed which probably led to a different and more positive experience. Is a Zed slow for 300bhp? Maybe, there are quicker 300bhp cars, there are also slower ones though. There was another thread on here that joked about how to make your Zed x4 faster. Actually it illustrates the point entirely, that most other cars on the road are slower than a Zed but a turbo powered back puncher it certainly isn't and don't think anyone is claiming it is?
  18. This was the point I made a couple of pages back, the Zed works best when going 4k revs and above. Did I find it disappointing, at first yeah, but then I learnt how to drive an N/A rear wheel drive properly and make the most of it.
  19. ...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Blitz-Nur-Spec-Stainless-steel-exhaust-mid-pipe-silencer-/190651794916
  20. About an hour...its a doddle really.
  21. oooooh looks very red! Car looks different on every set of photos! Have to come take a look soon Will!
  22. The whole thing is wrong. The ad text and the car - lets do a competition, count the badges!
  23. ...if I lived there I would be thousands of pounds more out of pocket than I am now too many good deals haha.
  24. Boiling water, get a sponge, sponge it on. Use some fishing line or dental floss, ease the badge off. Just keep putting the water on and wiggle the badge/use line and it will start to shift about and come away. Some white spirit then to shift the adhesive that is left over. Get some super resin polish (autoglym) and polish back the finish. Dry it all up and you are ready to go
  25. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-NISSAN-350Z-gt-uk-no-swap-z4-boxster-l200-vxr-st3-MODIFIED-/330700170475 Make of it what you will!
×
×
  • Create New...