-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Is it worth posting the solution up here Mike, incase anyone searches for it at some point and needs a solution?
-
-
Yes it does, but pretty sure it would have been a bit less expensive! I do like the style of that generation of cars from Japan, I was so tempted to get an RA28 Celica but bottled it and went for a VX. Who knows in future though! The Celicas do look quite fantastic with a bit of tinkering!
-
There is an upgraded one to the one in the video which is more powerful now available.
-
@Ekona to give you the lowdown on Michelins although the newer ones are pilot sport 4's Eagles I have usually read very good reviews of on here too.
-
Lots of exercise and two buckets Actually I live in a house but have to park on the road, so got one of these, does a good job too. https://worx-europe.com/en/shop/garden-tools/power-cleaners/worx-20v-max-cordless-hydroshot-portable-pressure-cleaner-wg629e-1/
-
Actually no, I do not care one jot about how fast my daily driver is. I am either pootling around town or driving my young son/wife around. We have a 1.6L Qashqai and I use probably 50% of the available power on average, in fact that's probably an overstatement, so whats the benefit of more? None whatsoever. The running cost would be a great bonus I agree with you there (setting aside the elephant in the room we don't have a drive so cannot charge the car at home), but I am not going to throw tens of thousands of pounds at an EV when we bought a cheap runaround Qashqai for a few grand, I will never see the return of the EV investment given the entry point of say a Model 3 let alone further up the price ladder. And as I say, i don't really care that much for a daily driver that I would throw that much money at it. Sure EVs have evolved into brutally fast straight line cars, but they are heavy, they handle comparatively like boats unless track tuned. Which is why I love great handling cars like the VX, you climb into what is essentially a racing seat/position, you can use that benefit legally on the road, the car looks and sounds stunning - not to mention faster in a straight line than 99% of other cars on the road. Would I swap it for a silent heavy box, not for what I enjoy driving for. Back on point, as I said previously once EVs get way down into a price range that is worth the outlay and the infrastructure is in place, will happily get a daily one to pootle about in. I am not anti-EV in the way you are anti-ICE I welcome them coming along.
-
If its not hammering it down I am still in Andy but bad weather means a 2-3 hour round trip might mean Im out
-
You got to buy the Ute version then take it on our next road trip!
-
And a mighty Vauxhall it is
-
Getting some grief (in a humoured way) off some VX owners, apparently the blue and biscuit combo is a favourite of some. Me, I think beige belongs back in the 70s with corduroy trousers
-
Scattered thunderstorms forecast?
-
Pretty sure it states that any tint which reduces the light passing through it is an mot fail. Pretty sure if an MOT guy wanted to be completely by the book, thats a fail. Suggest you buy a load of the stuff and refit it every year?!
-
Pretty sure when we did our Scotland trip a few years back the zed guys from east London drove to Edinburgh on one tank of fuel. Given we were doing the occasional foot down moment and carrying luggage/passengers, not a bad return.
-
Therein is the problem. Clearly for you 'fast cars' is pointing it in a straight line and planting your foot. For me its more directed at lightweight, low slung, racing position driving and of course with the lovely noise that comes with it. Hence why I couldn't resist going back to a VX. I agree with you, if you are into straight line power then a weighty overpowered EV is the way to go - if driving for someone is about something else, then EVs really are not a simple next step they are anti what a lot of people love about performance cars. I am sure once EVs come down to practical prices in 5-10 years for used ones then I will probably get one for the school run and shopping etc. but for me personally, performance cars are not just about how fast you can drive it down an airstrip - and before you mention it, I have driven a model s and was not impressed by its handling at all, in fact I would say my old Celica GT4 was better with its 25 year old tech.
-
Hugely chuffed, I wondered if I was doing the right thing sinking a fair few quid into the interior but it makes the whole car feel different. Even the replaced padding makes a huge difference. I am considering getting a little mat that I can take out the car, wipe my feet on it, before climbing in
-
Haha yes thought you might not like it given your previous comments Quality is fantastic though, the soft material throughout, new padding in the seats, it feels such a better place to be.
-
-
ahem, battery check comment on the first response
-
Given its cheaper now to produce wind power than nuclear or fossil fuel stations you would think Hong Kong would be perfectly placed to tap some of that?
-
Have to say I was tempted by a Celica RA28 GT2000 before plumping for a VX again - might well join you in the 70s in a few years with one!
-
Maybe a better description will help, what did you plug in exactly, what app did you use, what did you press etc. Is the battery flat? Flat batteries will cause the car to click when you try and start it. A video will usually help also otherwise people are going to be guessing a bit blind...
-
What most people miss is that the end to end process has to be Green. No point having an EV if you are burning stuff to create electricity and when it gets to a higher point on the S curve of adoption that we suddenly have tens of million of unchargable batteries, there is a process for smelting down and reusing the metals but the rest is still waste (and the disposal process requires huge amounts of energy again has to come from renewables not burning stuff). At the moment you have the US pulling out of the Paris agreement and shutting down renewable energy projects whilst 'saving' miners jobs and Russia/China who just don't give two hoots. Yes, get excited about the next shiny Tesla or BMW but there is much more work end to end to be done than in the car design sector as far as I can see.
-
Unfortunately concepts always ignore things like road regs, realistic aero, etc. so always look better than the finished product. I have to say in a couple of colours the Supra looks a bit tasty, loving the red.
-
I managed to squeeze a Buster Bob into it when at the Keyser BBQ recently