-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Thats a very politicians style response Ade! She is for all intents and purposes the shadow home secretary, ignoring the technicality that parliament was dissolved for the election. To assume she will have no role if Labour got in, is simply conjecture and most likely to be untrue. Plenty of other MPs haven't been in front of the cameras also, it doesn't mean they are all being binned off. There is a very good chance if Labour got in she would be Home Secretary, I guess anyone voting Labour has to take that chance.
-
Diane Abbot is one that is definitely stealing a living, astonishing that someone so error prone continues to be in such a senior role.
-
I think historically, the Tories seem more capable of running the country, Labour just appear to me to always have clowns in their cabinet (well more buffonish than the Tories who are not exempt from that either). The Labour manifesto shouts of a desperation that their leadership isn't strong enough so the spending pledges have to be substantial - raises in taxes to cover the spending would be higher than seen for half a century, even when they point at corporation tax increases what is obvious to those that understand, is that businesses wont just pay those out their own pockets, that cost gets passed straight onto the customer, that's all of us, double whammy. Corrbyn is untrustworthy, not anywhere near the pathological liar that is Boris, but still has a fair few skeletons in the closet. But as I have said, I would not vote for either party this time around.
-
I lived next to an artist (Peter Griffin), saw him everyday working so appreciate there is thought processes, effort, skill and desire that goes into it - but sometimes that line just gets crossed and it becomes something of ridicule - basically because it deserves to be. This banana thing, reminds me of Mr Beans Holiday, where you have Willem Dafoe's movie at the end taking the pish.
-
The clever bit is convincing morons with too much money that they are being clever by buying this. Fools and their money soon parted!
-
Dealership Praises and Woes NOW inc Independants
coldel replied to MITZ@CougarStore's topic in Servicing
Oh! What happened? -
Apparently another artist went in and ate the banana, but its ok, the bananas are easily replaceable according to the gallery. What an utter farce. A silly bubble of stupidity.
-
I love that the banana is actually replaceable, so you are only really buying the duct tape A fool and their money are soon parted.
-
$120k? And it took a year... https://news.sky.com/story/banana-duct-taped-to-wall-art-installation-sells-for-120k-in-miami-11879272
-
I could be wrong but I believe @DoogyRev sold his 350z privately with outstanding finance on it. Might be able to help?
-
I think everyone wants that, but, don't think current Labour are a for the people Labour. Corbyn grew up very well off, great education, so on and so forth yet tries to convince voters he is one of the working class. Over three quarters of Labour members are ABC1, Momentum was started by a Cambridge uni student with an MBA and the membership is anything but working class. There is a reason that Labour strongholds are not voting Labour anymore, its because some are working out that Corbyn is not all he seems. That is not to say though that I will vote Tory, actually of all the parties that is the one I am least likely to vote for. I honestly think I might vote Green for the sake of it!
-
I think anyone is electable, if enough people align with them, but I don’t think there are for Corbyn who is like Boris polarising. If you want to understand I would just collate headlines and follow the trend, ultimately it’s about perception if you are talking purely about “electability”
-
I think that leaders, not only here but in many other 'democracies' are acting more and more on their own powers than going with a cabinet consensus and still able to stay in role - Boris is a dangerous individual in that respect, someone that is for example openly racist and able to still hold the highest office shows that. And yes, there have been politicans that people liked, they might not necessarily been on the front benches but there are.
-
I think its well documented I dislike Boris, but apparently the suspension of parliament was unlawful, not illegal. Will leave you guys to argue the semantics of that one. Its still anyone but anyone for me. Wheres Brewster when you need him to tick none of the above... Looks like the Green party for me
-
F1 and other maufacturer supported motorsport future
coldel replied to Ebized's topic in Motorsport & Track Days
Oh I get he created a monster of a show, however it was clear he lost his marbles a bit towards the end. Even Ross, an absolute giant in F1, smarter than anyone, found himself sacked out the show when he mismanaged his relationship with Bernie. -
F1 and other maufacturer supported motorsport future
coldel replied to Ebized's topic in Motorsport & Track Days
If you want to get a good inside view of F1 read Total Competition by Ross Brawn. He talks very candidly about it, even to the point he talks about how is weaknesses as a political standpoint left him being manipulated around the paddock. The power Bernie had, and to be frank the shocking unilateral decisions he made, you will be left shaking your head! -
-
Well could be a complete punt but I remember when putting lines on the front of my zed (back in 2011!) they had to be held to the side by some clips otherwise there was a chance they would pinch somewhere. Maybe its something to do with that? To be honest, I would be asking them what it is they are worried about, they will be best placed to answer your question!
-
For a minute I thought that was yours Martin
-
This came from a question around why wouldn't I vote for Corbyn, I stated my reasons. You responded by sarcastically saying that my point of view was in effect a joke. Since then you have posted all sorts of personal assumptions along with a political propaganda video Really, the only fact here that is absolutely correct is that you do not realise you have just demonstrated what I have said on my previous post about you, is fact. Which is why I am not going to continue any sort of political or economic debate with you.
-
Or when you realise you are dealing with someone who literally has no intention of considering anything anyone says that doesn't comply with your point of view, so making debate moot. You leap to so many incorrect personal assumptions that it has kind of made the point of debate tiresome and I don't have the energy to keep pointing them out. You are not right, neither am I, we both simply have a point of view. However You think the point of the debate is to be right and to convince me I am wrong whilst I am simply citing my reasons for not voting for Corbyn. You cannot discern the difference. Therefore I have ceased bothering to debate it with you. This is clearly illustrated in your 'haha I have won' comment above.
-
...and there you go, honestly, you need to go back, read it, and if you cannot see it, seek professional help. Although you might not find the right people who will just agree with you and massage that over inflated and confused ego.
-
Who said I was Tory? Like many other posts, your arguments start off with incorrect assumptions which makes what follows just pointless. if you want to blindly believe every aspect of a video posted on a political site then knock yourself out. However, I am genuinely concerned that you struggle so much with someone having a differing opinion to yourself and resorting to belittlement/crap videos or the like, it really does make you look rather petty and takes a lot away from the strength of your side of the debate. Someone doesn't agree with you, get over it. I get you don't like my side of the debate. I am sure there are some positives to nationalising everything, but they do not in my opinion (and given I have experienced both here in the UK - which again lets mention you haven't) outweigh the negatives. So there we are.
-
Thanks Colin, yeah the problem was it seems you have to create the poll when you create the thread, I couldnt go back and edit an existing thread and add a poll in. Anyway, we have this one now, and I cannot seem to edit it to add in an extra response as per the above!
-
I can't seem to add a poll to the other thread, so thought it might be interesting to see what the 350z voting intentions are for the forthcoming election.