Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Congrats, always a great feeling driving home in a new car purchase.
  2. Well...expletives aside, it is a good point. Traders here have stock, but by all means they do not have every option available for a Zed or by any means the best options. There is a 'faff factor' to importing, some traders on here have lots of experience of doing this and you will pay them to do it for you (and subsequently take the hit if something goes awry), but if you feel brave enough to sort it yourself then by all means go for it.
  3. Just make sure when you get the calipers off you are prepared with something to sand the connection points back to ensure there are no leaks. Otherwise a straightforward job.
  4. I had these on my Zed, makes braking a much better experience!
  5. Traders on here are generally a good bunch, and much quicker to respond to emails than if you contacted a trader off a forum - but then again its good to be seen to be punctual on here with so many watching. I have also gotten good deals in the past for trying new products in stock, the forum works great for that. I have to agree with Rich though, comments should really be when they are in the extreme. So either you have some fundamental problems that others should be aware of, or, flip side a trader went way beyond the call of duty (say working through the night, giving up their bank holidays, getting something to a customer earlier than any of their SLAs state in an emergency etc) - I really don't see the point of endless pages of members saying that they bought something from a trader and it arrived, if anything they should be recommending the delivery company
  6. I dont like the look of the Nismo...
  7. Wheres Neil!
  8. I tried reading a Clarkson book, it was so annoying I lasted about 20 pages. I didnt want to be annoyed by it and actually was looking forwards to it, but his journalistic approach of not being able to write anything for more than 2 minutes without introducing something like 'it goes so fast it pulls the skin off your teeth' or the like does my head in.
  9. For me opinions are only worth listening to if they come from someone with credibility in what they are giving their opinion about. As others have already said Clarkson thinks Range Rovers are brilliant, he owned an SLK and a Ford GT and openly said on one episode that the 350z engine is french made. So draw your own conclusions as to whether you feel his opinion is actually credible...
  10. I heard jealousy can make you sick Not jealous only happy for you mate. Just giving you a ribbing. I know, been on here long enough to have a good sense of humour
  11. coldel

    Flame

    Pour petrol in the exhaust pipe and fire her up!
  12. I heard jealousy can make you sick
  13. As per Wills comment, if some **** has been burning it up out back then then they could have done damage to the clutch? I would NEVER use a main dealer simply because they hire the cheapest labour they can and charge stupid rates just because they have a Brand name on the door. Having family who have been in the business for over half a century they all say the same thing, well dressed sales man behind the counter, YTS kid given free reign on your car behind the scenes. I have heard umpteen stories of people dropping their cars off at dealerships only to see their own car drive past them as they are out later in the day with some kid revving the crap out of it. To your question, if you are in a low gear (try 3rd at 15/20mph) for the speed and floor it and the revs pick up and the car doesnt gain speed you are looking at a slipping clutch. If its slipping its a full clutch and flywheel replacement.
  14. Yeah because the GTR definitely needed more power, speed etc
  15. coldel

    Bye 350z:(

    Love the replacement, I did nose around at those when I briefly slipped into my sensible mode just before buying my VX220...
  16. Are you taking Taras to Tapas?
  17. Looking forwards to this. And well done for coming to a good solution for all involved and a good job well done as well chaps
  18. Super cheers mate - just put an order in on a monthly basis see how it goes.
  19. More money gone on the car...sure it will be worth it though!
  20. ...how have I only just stumbled upon this! I presume any codes/group buys are used up (yes I am being lazy and not reading thread pages 2-24!)
  21. I found it very clunky, too much movement, not tight. Short throw yes but far too much play in it even within that short throw. Clutch is really heavy and doesn't mate up well to a short throw if you ask me. Synchro's go far too early on a Zed for my liking also, lots of threads on here covering that. Super engine, a good noise once you change the exhaust, but that transmission, its a shocker. Having got my go kart VX after the Zed, have to say the gear change in that made it feel like I was changing gear in a lorry in the Zed.
  22. These are getting cheaper by the day! Good price at £50.
  23. Went out and got one, and over a time of ownership came to a conclusion that the gearbox and clutch is pretty crap, yes
  24. Wasso has standard back box but some magic in-between it and the engine and have to say its one of the best sounds I have ever heard on a Zed
  25. Clutch and gearbox on a Zed is really a let down on what is in general a pretty decent car.
×
×
  • Create New...