Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. £700, you could rent stirling castle for that up here I am 23 and make bit above average and still stay with the parents...... I only pay 180 a month for the Zed and think thats ample. I could afford a lot more but then you tie yourself down and you aren't as flexible. I think you can judge how much you can afford with how mcuh money you have left with your current finance(assuming its on finance) When you moving up to Jockland? Haha I wont tell you how much I pay in rent in Richmond then, that would give you a heart attack!
  2. Goodridge are the most expensive, although not seen any side by side reviews of them vs HKS or HEL?
  3. Definitely do it if you can - makes the brakes feel a whole lot better and react better.
  4. Just be wary, as I said factor in worst case scenarios for your costs of rent, so many people underestimate it. Food shopping for two people per month, probably looking at at least £250 I would have thought? Do you eat out much? We probably eat out twice a month, usually is another £120 on top for the month. It might all be divided by two - but it does add up!
  5. coldel

    Which lip?

    I think Humpy fitted his without the braces...
  6. Wow, £500 for rent and bills, must be out in zone 6 somewhere which is quite a small place? We own a flat in north London for instance, 1 bed, rent is £700 a month before bills. Then you have council tax (circa £100-£200 a month), water rates, leccy, gas which is another £150 a month I would say. Then the smaller stuff like TV licence, monthly travel costs to work, lunch at work, etc. Clothes top ups generally set me back £50 a month on average ie new shoes, work clothes etc. Then you start buying food...this is all before you have even stepped out the door to have a beer with your mates! I am sure there are many other costs which I have missed as well. What bank you with? Most now do a cost of living calculator which outlines all the possible bills per month and if you fill it in with a worst case scenario in mind (whereas most people are inclined to put best case) then it should give you a good idea of what your disposable income is.
  7. coldel

    Which lip?

    Never been a fan of the Nismo lip, sticks out too far. I like the Stillen lip actually. Have you considered a splitter? Stillen do one, it bolts onto OEM and if you dont mind it being black no need to paint it either...Tarmac is your man!
  8. You don't live in London do you ...
  9. I used the nanolex stuff from the waxybox last year (sept I think it was) which was brilliant, example in the image below of the sill in my old VX half done
  10. Never heard of this, but then again I have always just bought my cars outright. I would have thought as well, it would be half your net salary not just gross, as you never get to see your gross salary in your account?
  11. If they made the S2000 as a coupe I might have considered them when looking but unfortunately this is the best they could come up with.... Got nothing on the Zed in the look's department. From a roadster point of view of course...clearly the S2000 isn't a coupe - but I think it looks a country mile better than a Zed roadster.
  12. Clio?
  13. Hovercraft?
  14. I got this on my right upper arm, always wanted a tattoo of a dragon for years and when I was living in Japan, went to a tattooist in central Tokyo and got it done. I even got a discount for helping her daughter with her English homework whilst in there...
  15. I thought given the subject matter it wasn't that heated?
  16. That's a good point. I don't know the situation in London and the other big cities but around here the armed response units are just ordinary policemen who probably only carry guns when needed. I'm pretty sure that we don't have policemen sitting around waiting for a call out. Pete Pretty sure its not bobby on the beat being given a days training in using a gun that they occasionally sling a pistol at and send out to face armed criminals I am not an expert but a quick wikipedia search show that they undergo multiple interviews before entering training, undergo months of further training including the use of multiple firearms, forced entry techniques, grenade use, entry techniques into closed quarters vehicles, dealing with evacuation and hostage taking as well as terrorist threats and can even abseil! It was odd though, to pick up the Metro paper this morning and see good old Mark Rowley on the cover being heckled by Duggans family outside the courts, I played footy with him for a few years up until about a year ago when his work spilled over into Saturday afternoons and he had to give it up...nice bloke actually and probably as objective a policeman as you could get.
  17. When I ordered a VW Scirocco back in 2009 took 11 weeks to build and deliver from Spain - I even had a link to webcam watch the ship come into dock with the car on it - this was for what was at the time a limited run car as well (40k per year)
  18. From the footage of the Woolwich incident, the police there I thought (in my very simple understanding of how armed police should react) reacted as well as anyone could have expected, and some. I am not sure any of use can really say we understand how well the US handle it - if anything, common sense would say that their police would be even more trigger happy given that pretty much anyone can buy a gun there and use it, not just criminal elements.
  19. Haha yeah, I didnt see the Barry gang slapping each other on the back and taking it all as a funny joke, they got really pi$$ed off. Somewhat ironic really.
  20. Maybe I am not recalling correctly, but the Menzies thing started off with claims of jumping barriers, chases and non conformity to instructions in the police report. All independent eye witness accounts though were that he paid through the gate, walked to the train, and was set upon by five police who shot him with little warning. Also I remember the guy had no previous, I think his visitor/work permit has expired, but that was it. Other than that the guy had no affiliation with any terrorist organisation and the intelligence on him was incorrect. I could be wrong, but I think you need to check the facts on this one. As for Duggan, its a different situation, he was fully aware of the situation, a very well known career criminal with violent tendencies, who HAD purchased a weapon when he was set upon. He was going about his business that day with intent to possibly use a firearm, then when given that split second and someone sees something in his hand, I can understand why the police didn't wait to see if he shot them with it. If you play with fire...
  21. No one has mentioned the S2000, which I have to say was the other option when I bought a Zed? Totally different drive of course but performance wise not much in it.
  22. ...and where would you put the VX220 VXR Tuppawear ...still not rising!
  23. I love my focus too I was referring to the Focus in the thread in question.
  24. There is no denying, in most peoples eyes the Focus is not the sort of car they would want! Its the taking it to the person that is wrong, and to be honest sounds like the guy got off lightly with a bash on the head, imagine if they went up to some bloke called Neil in Scotland laughing at his stickers on his Zed I can imagine it might have been a tad more nasty outcome for the pleb
  25. There is banter with people you are vaguely familiar with, and there is utterly abusing someone someone online because they reacted the way that everyone set him up to behave. There is a gulf of difference between the two. I agree Dan of course violence is not an answer to most things, but if people throw the sort of bile around they did 'for a laugh' then try to humiliate him in front of his friends, then yeah I think there is a point people snap and people lash out. The fact that they are laughing at cars is irrelevant, it could be anything from the colour of your house to the kind of gnomes you have in your garden. Its the personal online abuse that is set up by physically going and putting cards on peoples cars, then spouting bile, and even humiliating people in public to provoke a reaction which is wrong.
×
×
  • Create New...