-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Spotted sports cats for 350z £60 on eBay
coldel replied to Briggsybriggs1's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
I think its a scam to avoid ebay charges i.e. you contact them as you are interested but query the price, they then direct you to buy from the website where they dont have to pay ebay charges - or something along those lines? -
I literally went with Garmin due to their broader expertise (they have been running GPS location hardware on ships etc for years before it turned up in cars) and as some said, I liked the interface better. Personal preference really.
-
Bigger open roads just gives you the opportunity to go faster... The post about the 350z being the most dangerous car has been posted up a few times on here over the years (the news report despite being end of 2013 is not new news).
-
I meant did they shoot them in the legs? Nope. You can read what you like from the Daily Mail or Sky News who write very biased and one sided reports...
-
Did they though? They were hardly going to shout at them saying that they would tread mud into their nicely polished shoes or something worse like tie their laces together when they were not looking... ...I still hope and think that it will sort it out, that Russia just wants back 'in' with Ukraine in terms of trade which is why the country kicked off in the first place. Putin is playing the democracy card against the west, which is interesting to say the least!
-
They fired into the air as a column of unarmed Ukrainian soldiers walked up to them - the officer ended up speaking with the soldiers... I would like to think this is going to get sorted out across a boardroom table, without having soldiers on the ground Russia had nothing to bargain with, now it does.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26415508 Same website, a slightly less sensationalist view. Its hard for the US really to complain given their foreign policy of the last 20-30 years consisted of pretty much the same thing - invading to protect your interests.
-
I know its crazy its like 30k for a r34 gtr but then you can get a r35 gtr for like the same'ish price! It is strange that the R34 is the same price as the R35!
-
I would also love a GTR, but until said lotto win arrives
-
But good maintenance+low miles>>>>good maintenance+high miles. Also the UK market is a fickle one, they will want to buy lower milers so I do bear that in mind when buying a car.
-
No its a count of the number of items a person has sold on the forum, lots of people on here never sell anything then stick their Zed up for sale on here, no difference!
-
This one is up for sale, Tiptronic but nicely modified, and a very rare s-tune kit on it and lots of carbon - I almost went to view it but stuck with my manual preference! http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196308
-
I don't like the OEM look on a GTST - looks a bit 'boaty' with the suspension set too high and the side and rear valence too slim line. You can get away with the wider look on OEM GTRs. Sorry to hear about your mates importer problems, at least they are sorting it out.
-
It was a fair bit cheaper for an R33 I also didnt want a Tiptronic so would have been paying an extra £3k or more for a manual R34 (and not a good one at that as that is bottom money for a manual R34 whereas my R33 was good money for a good one), this is also money I would prefer to spend on modifications. I also prefer the styling of the R33 to the R34, the R34 looks a bit pointy and sharp edges whereas the R33 is rounder and appears more muscular - personal preference really in that respect. I really thought I was buying the little brother of the GTR when getting the GTST and had that same thought that I wasn't getting the 'real deal' but having put my foot down in my almost standard R33 GTST with 280bhp it certainly shifts. The real advantage with these cars is that for relatively small investments you can really push up the power, if you need it. There are a few Skyline forums, the most popular by far is skylineowners.com though
-
Yep basic styling of the non GTRs is not great, so stick a few quid aside for that.
-
Decent enough price for a manual, tip-tronics are in and around the £7k mark. There was a guy in Devon I was speaking to who was selling his R34 with Tip for £5500. Also wouldn't get too hung up on GTR vs GTT, there is some horsepower difference but other than that you are looking at AWD vs RWD on the Skyline forums quite a few people went the route of GTT to GTR then switched back again due to missing the fun factor. You would have no problem boosting a GTT up to 500bhp but then again how often would you use that on the road? Loads of parts available from what I have seen, just type skyline into ebay and see for yourself, moreso than the Zed - quite a lot of people break their cars rather than try and sell so also a load of threads on the forums where you can snap up used parts - I got some 400r side skirts yesterday for £75 There are lots of well established traders on the Skyline forums - its also nice to pay half the price for exhaust parts like sports cats Like anything, do your reading, know what to look out for and you can get a car that although is approaching 15-20 years old still looks modern - ageing hasn't been a problem!
-
Cool thanks guys, will rope in dad and brother to do the job - sure they will appreciate me for it!
-
Agree with Vik, doesn't work with the orange!
-
I guess I am hooked on the turbo whine, its quite addictive! I found myself slowing down on the inside lane just so I could drop a gear, wind it up and blast it out on the motorway and hear it swoosh - small things and all that Just sat here going through all the freebies the guy chucked in, still need to fit the rear GTR door cars, he also tossed in a Walbro fuel pump (difficult to fit?) and a manual boost T which I am not sure I want. He also gave me the standard air intake, standard cat (will keep for mot), and some other unidentified stuff I will have to google.
-
I have reserved the spot next to the fence opposite the entrance to the Ace Cafe car park Amy Look forwards to seeing a plethora of Zeds and dribbling over them as always but of course happy to give tours of the 33 as well
-
Cheers mate, lots of goodies already on it, looking forwards to fettling with it myself. Might even stick my name down for Japfest now that I qualify again
-
Busy day at the Zed Shed - new head unit (with a difference!)
coldel replied to SteveM's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
Good work fellas looks the business Is any Nissan welcome to the shed -
Hard to tell, only just cruised it back home down the M3. Zed gives you that lazy power, this does boot you up the jacksie when the boost kick in. Hate to say it, the straight 6 turbo makes a better noise than the V6 NA...when you ignore the Japspeed exhaust trying to drone you out of existence. Interior is really nice, super comfy, quite a good ride (coil overs set to forgiving levels). Decent space in the back seats. Boot is a bit neat, but will suffice for the kiddie stuff I want to transport. It feels for some reason like I am sat lower down than when in the Zed, which seems odd, but hey. Also just found a chrome momo gear knob wedged into the passenger side door slot the guy must have forgotten about, bonus!
-
Well I finally took the plunge, fifth car I looked at and decided to take it with its little imperfections i.e. the side skirts which are not to my taste and also damaged! Picking up some 400r side skirts tomorrow which will go on in their place but loving the car. Drove it back from Wiltshire, loving this 'turbo' thingy bolted on to the engine, two stage boost which I like also. She comes with coil overs, loads of new piping, FMIC, blow off valve (jury still out on this), custom ecu, Japspeed exhaust (jury swerving in favour of getting something a bit quieter), and my favourite bit the red stitch GTR complete interior which is meant to be uber rare. Lots of other little bits and pieces to do which suit me, the head unit is a bit crap for a start plus the skirt fix up and some engine bay cleaning. Anyway, some pics to get us started:
- 127 replies
-
- 12
-
-
http://news.sky.com/story/1219130/holy-cow-batman-caped-crusaders-wheels-on-sale