-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
I am on Netflix, I wouldnt want to subscribe to Amazon just to watch this...will have to rely on the unbiased reviews on here!
-
Yes they do: Genius
-
Have you turned into SMD as the voice of reason and balance I would have thought the very nature of "350z.co.uk" was that is was going to be for fanboi's, as would be, fduk, sxoc, mx5nutz etc etc Surely if your going to wear rose coloured glasses about a 350z (rightly or wrongly) this is the place to do it? We all know a Porsche is a better car and sure Porsche owners are being fanbois over on their forum Yeah but some of us have to keep the excitable masses under control
-
Looks pretty much as I sold it (obviously minus the advertising!) - I ran it on a dyno at 293bhp with just breathing mods and an HKS actuator set to a slightly higher bar than standard (cant remember how much) so it does shift - and yes, sounds great although the HKS blow off valve is very theatrical
-
Thats my old white R33 - glad to see its still in one piece
-
Fair play he had spotters, did it at a quiet time etc so took some measures - but on the other hand if he lost control of the vehicle and rolled it down the hill crippling himself all the spotters in the world and time of day would make no difference. People like this seem to convince themselves of the illusion they are always in control of the situation but that can never be 100% - but it only takes that 1% chance of something going wrong to cause a life changing, or ending, catastrophic accident. An aside, ridiculous in court how the defence said he was truly sorry, said he realised what he did was wrong etc - then goes on social media (given it was social media that did him in the first place) to say everything but that after the court hearing - I think they should review the punishment and make it harsher due to perjury in court about his feelings on the matter and show what a brainless idiot this guy is.
-
Try superstrut suspension Was out in my mates Type S dirty derv at the weekend, handles well and shunts along the motorway at a decent pace but that noise - oh my god it sounded dreadful! Lovely interior though, nice place to sit
-
Its a good thing to have ex-350z owners commenting on threads like this - the 350z is now a very good priced entry into sports car ownership and is the first sports car for many an owner, you wouldnt get a very balanced view (and end up with a blinkered fan boy forum) on car comparison threads otherwise. I loved my Zed, then I bought a VX220, R33 and now in a 4WD rally car all have their benefits but importantly allow me and many other ex-owners to comment with context on the Zed
-
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Yes there were a few vids on that PH thread, I watched the one of some bikers going around, that corner is a shocker where its uphill into the sun and blind crest sharp left past the monument style building - imagine they were through the barrier before they knew they had even left the road. People who looked at their in car footage showed them driving dangerously fast for the roads by all accounts. -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I read the Leon page, horrible to think one minute you are there posting excitedly about your pride and joy then the next... Reminds me of a thread on the 300zx site, a lady battling cancer literally posted up about her car and attended meets until just weeks before the end, even then quite matter of fact saying she only had weeks to go and sold her car to a fellow member, then someone just posted onto her build thread she had passed on, I was in tears. -
Its gone through to the metal, straight through. TGM have already quoted me a ballpark figure. Was fuming this morning, calmed down a bit now but still you work hard to find and maintain a car in great condition then someone thinks this adds up to some idea of 'fun' - I do despair at people sometimes I really do.
-
Looking at the forecourt photo I could only imagine what it would like like to have that hideous machine wedged between the XJ220 and the Lambo!
-
Well woke up this morning to this - gutted
-
Not much time to tinker this weekend as over in South Wales for a mates 30th but managed to sneak in a little trial of some titanium bolts I want to use in the engine bay - like them actually!
-
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Clearly they would need a pit/track pass though... -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I don't think anyone can sensibly argue otherwise, both valid points. That's what makes high speed exhilarating though! Actually I am scared of driving fast and know I am not a great driver which is why I spend money on making my car pretty not fast -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Well again I can only make observations of the autobahn but I remember reading that you are twice as likely to have an accident on an autobahn vs a limited speed motorway in germany and the severity of the accident is likely to be higher with a higher % chance of fatality. This is debated regularly in Germany but nothing has been passed through. My point is that speed increases the likelihood of a catastrophic accident, and disagree that people are truly in control of the entire situation when driving at very high speed. Just my point of view. -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Well not really, as the environment is set up for it. There are rules in place, the speed is expected, there are crash barriers etc. Tanking along the motorway on a slight bend at 125mph then finding a car joining for the left on a slip road where the exit might be slightly obscured by trees/embankment is a whole different ball game. I get what you are saying, a really good driver could easily drive at 125mph on motorways no problem, most people are not top drawer drivers though and being self critical who am I to self-evaluate if I am good enough and that the conditions are safe enough when going at that sort of speed? Given I would be risking someone elses life on that basis? The road conditions would change every second and could change dramatically, I know I couldnt dodge a pothole at 100mph+ or an animal darting across the road etc. -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Why? In real terms what the difference between an empty motorway and the Kemmel straight? Except the motorway is wider, of course. This "speed kills" stuff is bullshit, inattentive driving kills people. That includes speed when the conditions arent right for it, but if it was just "speed" that killed why dont we see more casualties on trackdays? God forbid anyone tells airline pilots or train drivers as well ......... Maybe Im cut from a different cloth but I dont get this holier than though attitude to going faster than 70mph, you can be safe no matter what speed you are doing if youre aware and alert to the conditions. Anyone that thinks they are truly 'in control' of the situation when doing 125mph on public roads empty or otherwise is living in a dream world and will wake up, or not, the minute something out of their control happens and they kill someone or themselves. You are never in control whilst other variables are there, so its an empty road of three lanes you are going at 120mph and a bird hits your screen, I guarantee it wont be a hollywood movie moment where you shout 'woah' then turn on your wipers as some sort of joke - you will most likely end up on an embankment somewhere with a written off car with hopefully your life intact. 70mph is arbitary, who says its safe, I dont know. But I do know that once you are up at speeds of 125mph any incident is 99% likely to be catastrophic vs doing 50mph on the same road. -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Speed kills then? I would have thought so. Road conditions, car mechanical failures, other drivers, unexpected obstacles etc at higher speeds are much more likely to kill you than going slower where catastrophic incidents are more likely to occur? Me getting hit by a car at 5mph is less likely to kill me than going at 100mph - a driver is less likely to react in time - the driver reacting at 100mph to avoid me will still hit me and probably lose control of the vehicle and kill themselves. -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
But a nice flat piece of road somewhere is still a ridiculous place to do 125mph unless its on an autobahn or a race track? But who knows, I can't claim to say 100% they were as much as no one can claim 100% they werent. -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
No idea, you are asking the wrong person, simply referencing from here http://news.sky.com/story/1524730/two-britons-killed-in-illegal-alpine-road-race -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I thought I read that in another report somewhere that people witnessed the cars doing 125mph but could be making that up! -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
What, 125mph on a public road? -
Two Britons killed on the Grossglockner Pass, Austria
coldel replied to Bockaaarck's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Yeah saw that and quickly checked on a number of forums as I know a few people who were planning road trips! 125mph off the edge - scary stuff.