-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
My bad 222bhp at the wheels So, Gizzmo it is, but maybe in the new year, spent too much on this car and Christmas is coming up!
-
No hate, if you go onto the aerokit website where these were first sold they describe how they shave seconds off your laptimes and are also weight savers - rather daft claims but worth laughing at on here. I bought some and put them on my zed, easy to do and look good imo.
-
You can play hockey above water too you know I can usually be found in the pub chewing the fat with various neighbours in the area before going home having exchanged the weeks brownie points I earned from the missus.
-
Ha! And so it continues... Drawn in high quality canvass with high quality crayons though...
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
I did find myself looking at Gizzmo boost controllers last night - quite handy as they also give you a live readout of the boost levels and I don't have an aftermarket boost gauge in the car at the moment so the dash dial is a bit hard to read.
-
I am going to check its at the wheels actually, the website said it was but have emailed them just to check!
-
Yeah maybe have to say I am impressed by this car, might have to keep it a while. It is just so capable in many ways, even today driving in the pouring rain to the dyno it just ate up corners in the wet without a twitch.
-
Popped down to Surrey Rolling Road (in Hampshire ) today to do a quick power run - the JDM ST205s come out the box new with 256bhp as standard. My 'Four' is twenty years old on the original engine, only power mods are the BOV, exhaust and decat. I thought I might get 240bhp'ish given the age of the car. Charlie stuck it on the rollers and fired it up...and racked up a touch under 281bhp at the wheels. Have to say happy with that, boost is at a smooth 0.9bar from 3000 to 7000 revs so all looks in great working order. The car is quick, but didn't realise it was putting down so much power in its pretty standard form, very happy Engine in stock mode can handle 1.1bar of pressure, the upgrade is pretty straight forward with an EBC. Would easily take it over 300bhp...but do I
-
Deluded people that look at a book, yes, a simple book, and think that gives them the right to make what they want of it and kill people left right and centre. People that have a pathetic life who have nothing going for them take this up and think they are special, hell awaits...
-
Its not up to the government to clean up sport, its up to the organisations that run the sports to clean it up. Its only when criminal investigations come into play on the scale of FIFA for example that a government feels compelled to get involved. They cannot also get involved based on speculation, it has to have some substance to it i.e. evidence which invariably comes from media/whistleblowers. I'm pretty sure everyone can say with some certainty that drugs are used in boxing, cycling, athletics, football etc. but its up to their organisations to sort that out along with independent bodies such as WADA. If Cameron said tomorrow, right I am stumping up £20m to investigate drug taking in boxing and stamp it out, you would have most of the nation up in arms saying that its a waste of money when people are queuing at food banks etc. as well as the likes of WADA feeling somewhat aggrieved and asking why the government are intervening on their patch based on speculation.
-
I would love to know the source of that speculation, I would say on the whole thats not true!
-
I think there is quite a difference between doping of individuals (ie Tyson Gay) vs state sponsored doping which is what Russia is accused of. Every country has a cheater somewhere on their books but you would like to think that the state would be looking to stamp it out, not encourage it and cover it up which is what Russia is accused of.
-
But the report was in response to the German documentary covering Russian widespread corruption in Athletics. Of course there are other countries, this is likely to come out in the follow up report which spreads the net wider.
-
Or they could spend their time on something actually important and meaningful?
-
It is. Such a shame that people give up on a sport due to cheating.
-
ha thought I read somewhere she got beaten by a Russian, must have been another competition!
-
It wouldnt kill it, but it would set it back, which is a shame for those innocent parties concerned but it should serve as the kick up the backside for the system for systematically cheating every other athlete globally out of deserved success. JEH should have an olympic gold from her home olympics in 2012, but she hasn't, something you strive for all your life taken because of a corrupt system. I think we need to take a view from the victims of this who are the global athletic community.
-
I guess I am tainted in my opinion by the fact that my family are made up of car mechanics, all working independently, my dad used to (and still has to on occasions) work with dealerships when handling customers cars and the stuff they get up to when the customer isn't there is shocking, and its not isolated incidents either.
-
Well thats the catch, you are punishing innocent athletes for the behaviour of a number of individuals. Then again English clubs were banned from Europe in football because of a minority not the majority. I think it needs a ban of no length of time until Russia can under strenuous independent testing prove that they have done something about the corruption, not just stoically sat there and stuck two fingers up at the world again. In a rare instance, they do not hold all the cards on this one.
-
In general though Indy's I think though have a whole different attitude and mentality compared to dealerships - would I recommend a dealership to someone where you have no idea who is working on your car vs an Indy where you know the background of the person?
-
I would also be more likely to trust an indy - they have a reputation to uphold within what are often tight knit communities of owners. A couple of bad jobs and that's half their potential business down the pan. Dealers on the whole don't care about customer retention, or customer service, they just take it as it comes whoever it may be coming through the door. There have been too many stories of workers in the likes of Halfords and dealerships who go out hooning it around in customers cars. In terms of your question Dan, I have to disagree, would I take my car into a dealership to most likely have an inexperienced mechanic work on it who has possibly never even opened the bonnet of my model of car before vs an independent who puts customer service first and uses highly qualified people who work on that model of car regularly, I wouldn't no.
-
I guess for me of all sports Athletics should be the most pure. Its the basics of human ability, being able to run long and short distances in the shortest time, throwing stuff, jumping stuff its all the basics of the human body's capability. A single person running 100m faster than anyone else on Earth, that's incredible. Then to have 'state sponsored' cheating, how can you even sit around a table with leaders of a country who actively encourage wide spread corruption? Yes Carl Lewis etc were cheating but I suspect it wasn't signed off by the government.
-
Big brake kit? Monster sound system?
-
Bloody northerners and your pittance rent levels!