Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Welcome along, make sure to do some good test drives as I would imagine the experience in a Zed is somewhat different to a Scooby.
  2. Having watching episode one, you would have to be an absolute Clarkson lover to subscribe. It might get better, but it was an average programme in my view as posted above.
  3. You are asking a bunch of owners of V6 rear wheel drive cars if they find FWD cars boring. I suspect you are fishing for a nice collaborative response. To be honest, of course people will. But to be frank, FWD have benefits where RWD do not - and as an owner of an AWD car I could say RWD cars are tail happy, lack traction, dont corner as well and are out and out dangerous but of course it depends what forum I am on. I have heard Integra Type Rs are fantastic FWD cars, and that you would take a Civic Type R over a GT86 every day. But hey you count car vs car rather that drive type vs otherwise.
  4. I think new TG needs some personality and time for it to gel - old TG had the same layout, presenters who spent 15 years perfecting their art for that particular show (and lets face it when they are on their own in other shows they are no where near as good). New TG has to find its appeal, I agree I don't think its quite got there yet. Sabine and CH are much better drivers (and better at talking cars) than any of Clarkson etc. they need to make more of that and shape a show around the people.
  5. So many people laid their view of new TG being poor at Evans door, now he is gone, I wonder if they will view the next series differently?
  6. Ha Doc! I will have to double think my posts in future and get back on the other side of the debating table, even if it means disagreeing with myself Yes echo the above, that I heard so many things in the press and on forums about it being amazing that when I watched it thought it was pretty average. What was so amazing about spending an hour chatting about the three hypercars and doing a few limited tests and doing a test on an M2 on the new track. I have seens dozens of you tube videos on reviews of hypercars etc. It was pretty much same as always, I think there were some other elements at play here: 1. There are sections of the media and public that would love this regardless of what they turned out 2. There is a story here to be had for sections of the media i.e. Clarkson beats BBC, Amazon, etc. 3. Sheer amount of money being spent on this (circa £160m?) I went in with an open mind, but just reminded me of an average Top Gear episode from days past. I guess it is the first episode so you get a fair amount of 'setting up' of the programme to sit through which is not so entertaining i.e. this is the tent, it will do this...etc. What is good is that this and the new Top Gear are set up differently and thats what I was hoping I would see. So with GT you get the scripted foolery of Clarksons lot which in moments can be funny, on TG you get insight from the likes of Chris Harris - the last few episodes of TG I thought were much better than this first episode of GT. Also TG has stretched into online delivery as well as TV format for a different audience. So we are now nicely awash with car related TV.
  7. Guess I am going against the majority here but thought it was a seven out ten. Drive some mustangs in desert followed by some quite cool cars (pretty good) then they drive three Hypercars which have already been reviewed to death, M2 was quite good, American driver was pretty rubbish, celebrity bit was funny, the Air Force bit was terrible. Was some good bits some bad, hence my seven I would give it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Is it not TGT? Top Gear Two?
  9. I think if I actually watched TV much I might, but I really don't. One of those odd balls that probably watches about 30 mins TV a week max. Netflix is for my little Alfie to watch his kids programmes.
  10. Already have netflix, not going to have both for the sake of one show.
  11. ...and remember to post application heat it to ensure its finished properly.
  12. If doing the roof, use the tape that cuts the vinyl to do any lines that go against the bodywork, don't take a knife to it!
  13. Never use Amazon either
  14. Didn't realise it was yesterday. Saw the trailers looked ok. Although wouldn't subscribe to Amazon Prime or pay to watch it.
  15. Right no more posts on here - next one has to be RS with pics! Otherwise I also will have to keep opening it :lol:
  16. Looking forwards to seeing more of this!
  17. Avery is really good, 3M also. Most good companies use either. It is pricey though once you go for larger sizes. Do practice on small things first, it does look so easy on videos etc but it is an acquired skill to do it properly. Also ensure you do the prep first, any tiny particle of dirt under the wrap will stick through and not give a smooth finish.
  18. ...and with plastidip when you have a low speed knock you will just bounce off the obstacle
  19. I dont either, but I dont want my car to feel like a tyre
  20. Not sure on the most recent stuff but anytime I used dip it ultimately will always feel like rubber, wrap will 'feel' much better.
  21. There may be a few wrapping experts on her that would argue doing the roof is not easy enough! It's definitely a two man job and if you want it to last you need to post wrap heat it to temperature. Would also recommend the tape wrappers use to cut edges and not go near your roof with a knife. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. Sold - thread locked
  23. As above, its great you are looking to be one of those innovators in new tech in this industry but personally wouldn't throw good money at something that is so new, still lacks charging infrastructure and no government support for a bigger roll out.
  24. Like the idea of the anti-zombie vehicle, hadn't thought of that!
  25. The GT86 is an interesting car, it follows in the same vein I think as the idea behind the gen 7 Celica (which I wouldnt buy either!) with some idea that handling is more important. I think another problem with the GT86 which hasnt been mentioned and like the gen 7 Celica, is that it has been styled to look much faster than it actually is. If it looked like a warm hatch then no one would complain and probably more people might buy it, but its been styled to look like a performance car and in terms of outright performance it is down the pecking order unfortunately.
×
×
  • Create New...