Jump to content

rabbitstew

Moderators
  • Posts

    4,960
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rabbitstew

  1. I think its all a question of getting used to it. I was mega nervous when i first got my zed and was slow off the mark. As i got more confident id be happy flooring it in the lower gears. When the tyres were cold i used to find the TC used to cut in like mad, especially when changing from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Once warmed up you`ll get loads more grip off the line.
  2. You have a choice here. Either you send off the v5 to DVLA declaring it as being scrapped, or you sell the car to him, transfer ownership on the v5 to him like you`d normally do and leave it up to him to do what he wants with it. When I last sold a car for scrap i did the first option. I also cut the chassis plate off and kept the number plates so the owner was effectively buying it for spares and not spares/repair.
  3. It doesnt appear on your license at all - my missus went on one a couple of years back. The only way they would know is if you told them. Unless they have some ability to check police databases which is unlikely. So it goes back to the old being truthful thing. Back in the day i remember when insurance companies never asked for a copy of your driving license and never checked with dvla, so if you were so inclined you didnt have to tell them about any points. I know one guy who had 11 points on his license and as far as the insurance company were concerned he was clean. Of course, should he had ever made a claim or been in an accident then his insurance would be invalid and he`d be up the creek. Now aways insurance companies swap information and check records etc. also a lot of them now seem to ask for a copy of your driving license etc. I even had a "spot check" with my insurance last year where they phone me up and conferenced me in with someone at the DVLA to check my license was valid and clean.
  4. Tried this once on a peugeot 205 Gti. The side windows werent bad as they were litterally straight with no bends in them, but even so, it was a nightmare to try and get it on without any bubbles. I have seen some film on the bay cheap and full DIY video guides which do make it look really easy! So i bought some film the other week and plan to have a bit of a go myself with it.
  5. Awesome! Be interesting to see what happens to them!
  6. Cant say I experienced this problem on my roadster, but the motors are known for being a bit week - im guessing gravity is helping on the way down and not enough grunt to get it back up again. Check the connections and switch first though, like you mention as it will save you some hassle if its just a dodgy wire!
  7. Excellent reply there mate, i look forward to hearing what happens next!
  8. Congrats!
  9. Light cream leather interior?! Have you got a pic of that as im pretty sure that wasnt an option in 2007.
  10. Yep, i use an aldi one on my R1 all the time, I leave it perminantly connected. I wired it to the battery and you get a connector which ive put under the pillion seat, so when i want to plug it in I dont have to mess about clipping it onto the battery. As far as I know it monitors the battery and if its getting low tops it up. Not had any problems yet and its been connected for about 18 months!
  11. Dunno about that, id love it if my missus was muscley - would make it a lot easier for me to get the engine out of my track car.
  12. Welcome! I went to Estonia once on a booze cruise from Finland!
  13. Yep eml isn't a failure. However abs light for example is a failure.
  14. Id see if you can listen to another zed and see if its the same. I think they all do this to some degree. My HR with only 22k on the clock was making a noise which sounded very much like a release bearing also. Its apparently normal, and didnt cause me any problems over the next 20k i did in the car before selling it.
  15. I bought 2 of these for 2 of my project cars last year from ALDI... on offer for about a tenner each. Big saving over the 30quid i paid for a brand name one a few years back. I keep my bikes & cars on them permanently.
  16. Excellent! Result there then!
  17. Indeed, thats strange, normally a dealer tries for a month, maybe 6 weeks max and if they dont sell it they move it onto another dealer. For him to have it sitting there for 2 years is very strange. As others have said, thats seriously over priced, im sure I saw 2006 Azure one identical to that on ebay for £7500 earlier in the week.
  18. Welcome! You`ll find the front bumper is very pone to stone chips. I had mine resprayed before I got the car and within 18 months it was showing quite a few chips already - even though i never tailgate anyone!
  19. Spotted heading north east on A45 past Wellingborough / Rushden at about 1.30pm on Sunday just gone. Black 2004 Coupe with nurburgring sticker on back bumper. Male Driver. Number plate was cool, so might be a private plate on a newer car.
  20. Nissan spent a serious amount of money on developing the hr engine. Its 80% new over the older 350z engines and has so many improvements done you will struggle to get much more out of it without spending serious money. Is already got built in ram air, improved cooling, higher rev limit, strengthened internals and is even mounted lower in car to improve handling.
  21. I've been using waze for my nav app for last year or so and love it.
  22. 'how will I get home?' - love it. Lol
  23. Either way you were getting a ride on something that had had 1000s ride it before....... The taxi was probably the lesser worn of the two .. and at least you wouldn't get some nasty infection from the taxi Thats why you always double wrap it
  24. Theres quite a few more Braun designs which look extraordinarily like Apple designs listed here.... http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-br ... 012-9?op=1
  25. I used to use firefox until it got all bloated, then switched to chrome. Esp like the way on chrome it links all my favourites and search history with my mobile & tablet. Saying that, I actually tried firefox again the other day as there was a plug in I wanted to use which was only on firefox and the new firefox looks really nice - and with the firefox beta app on my phone it too lets you sync favourites etc. between devices. Havent used IE for years.
×
×
  • Create New...