Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. and they are stinky wheels?? and its got a spoiler, so that must be worth a grand? low miles though....and sat nav. needed by all trolls who live under bridges. Does that mean we are trolls if we have OEM satnav old boy?
  2. Check the gearbox supports to see if a bolt has worked loose or sheared!
  3. Well Andrew and I are planning on meeting up on Thursday at Valley Park. Could pick it up then and look at it on Saturday morning. Dam I am out to dinner in Aldershot. I still need to take a look at your car for you.
  4. Is that a Ray wheel? And is it ok? I can lend you one if needed but it will be either black or white!
  5. Have you got a picture of the cover as I may have one in my bits box?
  6. You guys will be living in your cars soon. Anyone stuck a flat screen TV in a Zed yet?
  7. Do you mean Banstead Crossroads? Do you live that way?
  8. Now thats not very nice ionebee is it lol 2011 AD !!
  9. Is there not a small glass fuse just b4 the motherboard? I have a quadcore ACER Predator Gaming PC and it has a glass fuse in it!
  10. This lost Topic ages ago lol.
  11. Pete, I am afraid you wrong with bypass valve is before the Throttle body , so even if the bypass valve was stuck open it wouldnt make the car idle high as the idle speed is controlled via the fly by wire throttle. The bypass valve actually bleeds back into the intake system. It will be the ECU causing the high idle speed the reason the intercooler being so hot will be the ECU retarding the timing to try to control the high idle speed. Bypass valve is a Turbosmart valve, we carry them in stock. I want to change the BOV one day for one that goes Woooshhhh
  12. Meeeooowwww !!
  13. At least with the stainless steel one it is fabricated to fit the underneath and not the composite. It's a shame I can't get some decent shots of mine put up. I need to get it back on the ramp and lay down underneath it !!! Once people see how excellent it is I am sure they will want one.
  14. You can come and pick the oem one up if you want. Its usable:) If your keeping the car now, then Ivor is back on the 1st for fabrication. At the moment he is in Puru suffering with gut rot!
  15. Oie I use Gumtree
  16. Give the guy a chance lol Fair point, but in my defence it was another day and the start of another shift between each post! I'm in Korea... The forum is usually run on word of mouth lol. and a bit of pee taking. It takes a while to get things done on here as people work. Just think, sedate slow, get there in the end and you will be fine:)
  17. Pete, I am afraid you wrong with bypass valve is before the Throttle body , so even if the bypass valve was stuck open it wouldnt make the car idle high as the idle speed is controlled via the fly by wire throttle. The bypass valve actually bleeds back into the intake system. It will be the ECU causing the high idle speed the reason the intercooler being so hot will be the ECU retarding the timing to try to control the high idle speed. Bypass valve is a Turbosmart valve, we carry them in stock. Well I am always wrong where this car is concerned! Might explain the massive MPG loss! There never has been a happy medium with the idle. Its either to high or to low. I was looking for something mechanical because it was during a sound off that this happened! Thanks for the info Mark.
  18. Out of interest Clown. Have you got an aftermarket front bumper on yours! If so your thread is underneath the right side front? Like mine and as such cant be used as it would get ripped right off when the tow was underway! We are going to fabricate drop down attatchments hopefully soon that bolt onto the existing tow hole.
  19. He tried putting it in his boot, but he complained it hurt and made him walk with a limp!. You fool Clown
  20. Why are you always...SHOUTING at people..?? Why are you always bullying them Will? Have they done you a poor service or something?
  21. lol regularly saw normal size ones ie about 6-8" accross as they are so common, almost like a house spider.... only saw one that size and also saw a redback now THAT was one scary bugger! I had a little book of all the deadly spider/snakes etc the idea is if you get bitten you get to hospital quick and point to what bit you Only even got bitten by a fire ant but that was bad enough hurt like feck!!!!! Dave politely **** off!!! WTF am I doing going to a country literally festooned with deadly stuff! Did I mention the cockroaches you can hear then scratching away they are so big Is that why you were scratching all day at Darrens, Dave?
  22. Wow look at that flood?
  23. Only if it bites ya leg off Arran lol
  24. I personnaly would go for someone thats done them b4 and knows what the fek they are doing. Whilst competition is a healthy thing I spent months making a list b4 I got the car. In the end it came down to 2 companies. Ben at AMD Essex, and Mark at Abbey Motors. Although the prices were about the same for what I wanted ie Milltek, decats and up-rev I went with Mark. Reason is he took the trouble to explain things and didn't get the hump when I asked questions. I was extreamly happy with the work and it was like getting into a different car. I think I stuck 1000mls on it in a week as I just wanted to drive it. It was based on this that I went for the GTM, and even though I nearly killed myself the day after I got it I still almost 2 years on love it to bits. Only had a few proplems and that was the clutch could not handle the power. So I rang a company in USA and ordered a new heavy duty 600bhp clutch and presure plate. Absolutely no reason to replace the fly wheel as my opinion is if something works then keep it. The only issues I have had with the GTM is the Air filter could have been designed to fit somewhere else. It was so full of siht that it had sucked in on it'self so a blast out and reshape and I got the roar back. As a few of you know after doing a sound off at Essex Arena in July smoke started to come out of the Intercooler. And the revs went up to 1500 after sitting 3 hrs in roadwoks. This high reving went on all week until I could get it down to my mates workshop in Swanley. We checked all the vacum pipes for leaks and started it back up. It was still on 1500 revs so we took the pipes off the BOV. There was air rushing out of the large black pipe at the bottom on tickover. A few phone calls to the techno guys who were all at Brands racing and we drove across to them. They all said the wast gate is sticking and tapped it gently with a hammer end. The revs dropped down straight away to about 1200. Anyway I am driving down to Newhaven early Tuesday Morning so I can use a mates ramp to take this BOV off and hopefully strip it down. I still cant identify it and even Mike from GTM cannot remember which one it is. Looks like the Bosche one they use on the 911. Cant say anymore until Tuesday. But if anyone can recommend a decent blow of value that can handle the extra power i would be obliged. I will get the measurements Tuesday and post them up. Sorry to hijack the thread lol.
  25. Give the guy a chance lol
×
×
  • Create New...