Jump to content

mattross1313

Members
  • Posts

    2,774
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mattross1313

  1. Welcome along. I am pretty sure that rear box is the Fujitsubo as Steve mentioned. Better news is that from what I have Googled the 'Z' logo etched onto the rear backbox was only on the Titanium system. I have the same system fitted to my Zed as of last week, its a great looking system, sounds nice.....and weighs absolutely naff all!! I have the rear box and midpipe both made from titanium! Very nice bit of exhaust, VERY expensive from new I was told mine was the only one in the UK, guess theres atleast 2 now
  2. Yep - I'm really getting the hang of this mechanic stuff. Pretty easy though from what I've seen so far - turn up with car parts & donuts - help fit them and get funny banter along with it!!
  3. Not sure it would make it to TV - even post 9pm the language and comments are a bit risky!!! Great day today in the Sun, hopefully the owner will enjoy his new born again motor also a good day for me as I learned a few more things about Zeds! I am also getting much faster at passing the required tools to Chris&Bob - once I have found them in the veritable treasure cove of toolboxes and cupboards! Matt
  4. Cheers Chris picked up some Azure blue paint yesterday so i can finally prep & fit the engine bay slam panel i had off you!
  5. Call it what you will, but that is quite possibly the best idea ever!! why haven't I thought of this before! Matt
  6. Fair doo's mate - i dont hold out much hope for them - just looking forward to straight tracking
  7. Balls!! Why didnt I think to ask this questions aswell? I just bought a new set as mine were seized. I did however cover them in WD the other day so knowing my luck they will just come off easy! if they do I'll let you know
  8. My screen is just like yours CS. Did you get it replaced via insurance? Just put up with it
  9. Agreed - not seen this video, but this is getting saved! There are plenty of spoons in the office who could do with learning this! I'm also a big fan of LetMeGoogleThatForYou.
  10. Your light sounds to be behaving like mine, which i assume is correct. Under normal driving with TRC turned ON, the light will be off and if the back does start to slip TRC will kick (and the light will flash). If you turn TRC OFF the light on the dash will remain on constantly - mine remains on solid regardless of wheel spin. Or atleast i think thats right, when TRC is off &the wheels are slipping i tend to not look at the dash, just the road!
  11. Happy birthday Kim 21 again huh?
  12. Aaah man that sucks!! Hopefully they find it for you and its still in one peice, but i fear not as nice motors like this arent usually stolen on a whim! Fngers crossed for you
  13. Mine sounds like it rattles for the first second or so after start up, but then settles down - i guess it gets back under tension or something? This could be the early signs of the issue?
  14. Delivery at work today from the Mitz at Cougar Store. Other than helping me spend lots of money, had great service from CS - good price & order updates and arrived to my desk less than 24 hours after ordering! So I now have Eibach rear camber arms & bolt kits to add to my seemingly ever growing pile of parts
  15. Googling around these Leon splitters seem to fit just about anything and everything....and they all look good too!! Also in for some info on these as almost all other splitters aren't to my liking. Matt
  16. Great london pics Clown! Steve love the collection mate - where did you take the first pic in your second post? And what settings etc as the stars and reflections are wonderful!! Matt
  17. Hah, yep still in one piece Whilst on the phone with Mitz yesterday getting camber arms i figured it was rude not to order one. The ONLY reason i got it so soon was due to the Y-pipe looking so rusty.....honest!!
  18. Berk's are staying sorry Steve - you are welcome to come and listen any time though Let me know next time you are in the area, I'll put the kettle on
  19. Thanks Steve, Dan Once these are fitted I am not too sure on what will come next, might enjoy it for the summer....or atleast for the road trip at the end of this month. Then back to modding once I return. Loudness wise - it is very tame right now. On idle it isn't far off stock, maybe a slightly deeper tone. Under loud it definitely sounds meatier, and once you get to around 4-5k the Berks are nice and raspy! hopefully the Y pipe will free up the system and give a little more volume. I'm very pleased thus far, as I like the quiet idle, and the loud pedal controls the volume
  20. Thanks dude, nah they are staying for the time being Forgot to say. The only piece that have us (Bob) a little bit of trouble was the join between the back box and mid pipe. This was the one that was bent out of shape and was always going to be the gamble!! It is VERY close but the flange isn't sealing 100% - this is nothing a little exhaust paste hasn't fixed. Matt
  21. Surprise last minute booking at the Zed Shed last night......it was finally exhaust time!! Loaded up the exhaust, Berk HFC's and all accoutrements then headed over to see Keyser & Buster. The guys made short work of removing the old system, all pretty painless other than one of the 02 sensors being badly cross threaded......but this was nothing.....Chris went 'Medievil on its A$$' (trademark pending) and all was running smoothly again. Some precision mount alterations from Bob with a steel bar and the exhaust now sits nice, level & at the right height too! I didn't help too much other than passing tools etc, I did get under the car and bolt up one of the Berks.....knowing my luck it'll fall off or something!! Next up is the service which should hopefully teach me a few things about maintaining the car etc. As normal....pics!! With the Berk's being brand new the exhaust is still pretty quiet, but once they have change to carbon up they should sound great. I decided not to do the Y pipe just yet A) to save some money and so I could see how they sounded with Berks. However my Y-pipe really isnt going to last much longer, Chris kindly fixed up and refitted the stock piece for now but it was pretty beat up! So this afternoon I made a call to Mitz at CS who very quickly help me spend my money I will soon be the proud owner of a Cobra Y-Pipe, Eibach camber arm kit, and additonal camber arm bolts. This should cure my noise problem and my in-ability to adjust my rear alignment. Exhuast vids hopefully to follow tonight/tomorrow. As always a HUGE thanks to Bob & Chris for their help with the car, I would be pretty stuffed if left to do this myself. As discussed when servicing day arrives I will ensure we are all well fed Matt
  22. Not the most constructive post, but.....Team Beard? Do you know a guy called Alex? I bought a twin turbo Supra from him last year and that came with Team Beard stickers?
  23. Watching this with interest Great workmanship matey!
  24. Great read Steve, your Zeditis really has taken hold since Jan this year hasn't it!! Love the car I see what you did there
  25. Thanks chaps, fingers crossed it will be fitted by about this time next weekend...ish
×
×
  • Create New...