Jump to content

mattross1313

Members
  • Posts

    2,774
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mattross1313

  1. Took me leas than 2 hours on my drive way - and i am not the best with tools! there are guides around the internet to remove bumpers. It's a bit of a fiddly job but can be done without removing the whole bumper, just half at a time. No pics of smoked though sorry, I opted for crystal.
  2. Quick update after a few hours on the driveway last night - I managed to fit the clear front reflectors. The stock orange ones were pretty ugly to start with.....but mine were also covered in blue paint from the really bad respray. Didn't take me too long, and this is the first time I have messed around with removing bumpers etc so was quite pleased I managed it all. Pics as normal... Also, with the road trip looming ever closer I still need to sort a few things on the car. First up is the blow in the exhaust - taking it to a local jap garage tonight and they are going to try and bend / heat the exhaust back into alignment. Fingers crossed this works!! Matt
  3. Ooooooh 458's! Dream car Our hotel is just outside the marina etc, but we plan to have an early night after two loooong days through France, but get up EARLY to drive as much of the track as possible!
  4. First member to try this for you get a good deal in exchange for pics Mitz? I am after a set soon (ish)
  5. Well timed thread. I will keep an eye on this for comments too We leve for our Europe trip in a little under 2 weeks.....starting to sink in now and still lots to plan, do and fit to the Zed. We are doing a similar ish route - down through france to monaco, via the Route Napoleon. Over to Italy to stay in the famimly house where my grandad grew up then on the home leg we will take in the Ferarri Factory/museum, venice, Lake Garda, Stelvio Pass Looking at your map there are two things you pass VERY near to and should be a worthwhile detour (or alteast they better be as we are doing them). 1. Near Modena is the Ferrari factory, museum and test track we have booked the full tour for around £50 2. As you leave Monaco heading to Italy, head north and drive the Col De Turini For places to stay I cant really help as we are camping most of the trip. Got a good deal on a Novotel in Monaco though - €125 Matt
  6. Looks good Bob - glad you got it back together without my masses of help haha Arran, its pretty straight forward to pop out, just need to take your time so you dont break off any of the small poppers as normal.
  7. mattross1313

    Trial fit

    Looking good matey. From what i've read the rear camber arms, which you have discovered are around £200 up. I have a set of Eibachs from CS, just under £200 IIRC. Fronts are available but are usually double the price of the rears! Check with Cougar Store again, I'm new to all this but i have read that if you are only going around 30mm drop you MIGHT not need to buy front camber arms, just rear? Matt
  8. Hey Marty, not sure if Keyser has one on the car he's breaking?
  9. And only the other day Steve were we saying how black and chrome would be a great theme for your engine......aaah g'wan!!
  10. Lady in red would be nice! Or any lady tbh Buster will be heartbroken!
  11. Good thread this!!
  12. I'm a big fan of mashups, usually just 2-3 songs, but this is VERY well done enjoyed that.
  13. Ill drop you a PM now mate with a link to the album jo3ly sent to me. Pics of the wheels being prepped, and fitted to his car. This will give you an idea of the stretch etc etc.
  14. I prefer the pic where the diffuser around the exhausts in body colour. All black looks a bit too 'gapey' for me.
  15. I researched this too and spoke to a member called jo3ly who had them fitted to his Zed for some time. I believe you are correct with your slim tyre sizes as any bigger will cause them to rub! Drop him a PM, he was always happy to speak with me and answer questions. The only reason i am not going ahead with this is the amount of tyre stretch scared me a little and i enjoy country roads etc, would be a worry with these rims, look awesome though!!
  16. Not any more he doesn't
  17. Went out last night with the better half (& her Evo) and another member from our local car club. Took a lot of photos, but quite pleased with how a few of them turned out
  18. Had a nice chap round to day from the AA to come and replace my cracked windscreen. Whilst he was at it I fitted some Bosch aero wipers too, another thing I wanted done before the road trip! Car looked very sorry for itself mid-way through the fitting. Oh and my exhaust seemed a lot louder today, put my hand under and the Ypipe - Midpipe join is blowing......half-a-job-Bob at the Zed Shed :lol: No biggie as I don't need to use the car much, so can sort it out at my next Zed Booking.
  19. ^^ haha!!!
  20. Agreed CS. I was looking at the Carbon one removed from SMD's car yesterday and the grooves are there to help leave a gap around the bulge on the underside of the bonnet (around the catch hook).
  21. Aaah!!! That makes sense, cheers Kyle! Will have to repair the panel first
  22. Thanks Will Good to catch up with you yesterday matey. One more item I forgot to mention! After lots of looking and waiting I now have a JDM centre section including the slid-in cubby lid. I am still looking into my options on this but would like to do some form of install with a tablet or similar. Media library, possibly sat nav and ODBII connections
  23. Mate you have no idea You love it really - what else would you be doing with yourself anyway? Busy couple of days this week......wait, I'll rephrase that!..........Expensive couple of days!! I only popped round the Zed Shed for a coffee and came away with lots of shiny goodies for the car! Pics and blurb below as per normal. First task this week was to paint up and fit the engine slam panel I had from Ironhide. So each evening this week I have prepped, primered, painted then lacquered the panel in Azure Blue. I did this from a rattle can and paint match isn't too bad considering I did it myself, and the front bumper is badly resprayed anyway! However the panel doesn't sit quite right in the car and when you shut the bonnet (with force!) the bonnet sits on the front face and has caused damage to my shiny paint work will need to re-think this and maybe make some alterations. Chris - is there any markings on your unit now you have had it fitted for a while? Pic below shows the marks either side of the bonnet catch, and to the front. Onto my trip to the Zed Shed yesterday, who says Azure Blue is a rare colour? (crap picture, but mine is also in the pic in the garage) Whilst there I managed to come away with quiet a few shiny bits attached. I took along my new Y-Pipe incase it was needed to fit onto Dave's car during the return to stock operation, but it wasn't. That however didn't stop Buster sparing me 10 minutes (seriously!) to fit the new Y-pipe for me anyway! Happy chappy!! Sounds great! I also had a deal with Dave for some Facelift LED rear lights and chrome front indicator bulbs (turns out only one was orange, so I have half and half right now). And a last minute deal on a carbon effect rear strut brace cover Then as luck would have it, Steve (Humpy) arrived at the Zed Shed and helped me part with even more money But I did get some rather tasty Eibach 30mm springs. These have been added to the collection in prep for my next visit to the Zed Shed. Good to see everyone yesterday, and get some more cool stuff fitted to the car. All helps it get ready for the Europe trip. Matt
  24. Been following this thread each day and loved the updates. Glad you made it home safe, I'm still amazed about the snow! Myself and the better half ware doing a Euro trip in a few weeks and i was concerned about our 3000 miles in 12 days, but you beat us so hopefully we will cope Hope you enjoy the rest now being back at home
×
×
  • Create New...