Jump to content

NeilMH

Members
  • Posts

    1,995
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NeilMH

  1. Avis had hundreds of them as hire cars. I used to drive from Newcastle to Dover in them. Awful. Just awful. For some strange reason I hadn't noticed them before
  2. I thought I knew virtually all makes and models of car but I just had to look up and see what a Chevrolet Aveo was
  3. Close run thing for me between: - An FSO Polonez - A particularly duff Vauxhall Viva HB
  4. NeilMH

    JAG-ATTAK

    That looks great Makes my interior look somewhat from a previous era or two.
  5. Like it
  6. This was pretty early in the morning.
  7. Eastbourne
  8. from an ex-Azure owner.
  9. NeilMH

    JAG-ATTAK

    to the Jag Division of 350Z UK
  10. This was mine. Sold it last year. There seems to be a trend developing
  11. It's just speculation but I wonder whether Uprev gains are more noticeable for those who drive on a lightish throttle using the torque and mid-range as their preferred driving style? I noticed the difference, particularly the elimination of that "flat spot" (for want of a better description). I also noted smoother response. However, I also wanted to ensure car was mapped properly given the mods I'd had (particularly the high flow cats).
  12. and good luck with your search.
  13. Good luck with your search.
  14. Spiffing CC - takes me back - albeit in a Fiesta
  15. Ok. The main reason is I had a very nasty experience in very slippy conditions in an Elise a few years ago (which I somehow got away with) and a near miss in a Caterham on the Goodwood day pictured above. I can't guarantee that winter tyres would have made the difference but I have decided to prioritise safety over cost/proving the size of my gentlemen's accoutrements. With the exception of last year we have had cold/snowy conditions for several recent years plus I live several hundred feet up the top of a steep hill. During my tenure of the 350Z I used both types and the winters make a big difference (most of my trips kick off at 7 to 7.30 in the morning which makes a difference as well).
  16. I also have one Mr Ricey. It's excellent... nothing broken yet.
  17. All of little note on a weekend only XK8 driven by an old man . Also spare wheels and tyres always sold off separately when cars sold. Also summers last longer. Plus I'll always remember that Goodwood breakfast in April (I do accept this was a one-off): http://
  18. Look forward to hearing how you get on
  19. Happy birthday Mrs B
×
×
  • Create New...