-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
That was the only reason to be honest - nice mod but a very popular one.......still its better to look the same than it is to look utter gash. I think Carla wants to keep the Black theme going on now the wheels are done. I'll have a think.......might wait till after Xmas. Thanks for the piccies though everyone.
-
It'll end up going the way of the 8.......discontinued because its too expensive to run (as a new car - tax, company car braket ETC, fuel), too pricey to redevelop to be greener and once normal humans get over the initial OMG factor and cold hard running costs hit home, people start run for the nearest VW garage to bag up a nice sensible Diesel Golf, the demand drops off and just us oddbods are left snapping and enjoying the leftovers. Lets face it.......people who actually appreciate good cars/engineering are in the minority........left to her own devices my missus would of bought an R plate Porsche Coxster or a 53 plate Chrysler Crossfire The general consensus around the office when Carla told them she was getting a Zed was......why are you so excited? Its a Nissan. Philistines!
-
okay - are these moving in the right direction.......I've always felt whenever I hear the term 'lexus style' to immediately think chavalicious but these look very similar to Busters http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/02-05-Nissan-350Z-LED-Smoke-Rear-Lexus-Rear-Tail-lights-/380287798372?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588aeb4c64#ht_2443wt_905
-
come on now.......how many of us have stuffed a car and blamed it on a diesel spill....I have
-
Dude get yourself introduced in the Introductions and Welcome Message!
-
They look very nice in fairness mate........although they seem to be a bit more fancy dan LED jobbies than the standard efforts we've got on. Think I'll leave it.....£150 on something thats potentially shash/illegal seems like bad business.
-
Brilliant so in my mind I was thinking these could look cool but I don't want to look like a chav.........and what responses do a get! A perfect split between cool and chav! Swines the lot of you! I'm not so sure its worth the risk........I don't want to have to get a window sticker saying 'My other car is a Saxo'.
-
entered!
-
Some people will say that they do things to please themselves and sod everyone else.........well I bow to peer pressure and want to satisfy the masses! Opinions please - I can't make my mind up - going on a ginger Zed with Black Rays http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-2002-2005-SMOKED-BLACK-MIRROR-REAR-LIGHTS-/180572323496?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0af2fea8#ht_500wt_922
-
.....sorry - I did actually get a reply from the Kimberly Walter one - he wanted my name and address to send the bankers draft because he was most impressed with my offer of selling it to him for £400.....he backed off after I replied that it was £400,000 though.
-
that was my 350th post!!!!!!!!!!! You are indeed honoured Alex!
-
........which is exactly why Alex has his own smiley
-
I don't think so but some international IT security hero like Anders will probably set me straight. Its more some cheeky monkey sat in Lagos pinging emails around. Its quite scary how it works though......plenty of people who weren't savvy to the ways of the world must get pinged by them. I'm not sure how bots work but autotrader doesn't put your email out in the open - you have to submit via a form I think.
-
Ahhh mate don't beat yourself up. It takes 1 mistake to trash a car - no one was hurt and you'll have a new respect for powerful rear wheel drive cars. After having frig knows how many accidents myself I don't even bother gunning the Zed at all when its wet...I just don't trust myself to not run out of skill. Cars are there to be enjoyed....without track days the only other way to learn is the painful way and we've all been there.
-
Ok so we've all been there - you stick your email address on your autotrader advert and before you can say Nigerian 419 scam a bloke purporting to be called Susan Smith wants to buy your car for full market value without seeing it (BTW if anyone doesn't know what a 419 scam is - do ask because people obviously fall for it and it sounds all fine and dandy with UK Bankers drafts being used etc). Now I actually love responding to these cretins - I have a whole host of emails that I read from time to time to make me smile - here's a few to start off with.......please add any of your own to give us all a giggle NAME: MR Kim walter TELEPHONE: EMAIL: kimberlywwalter@gmail.com Vehicle Details: MAKE: MAZDA MODEL: MX-5 PRICE: £2700 Message: Hello, My name is Kim Walterh,I leave at 47 Cormorant Ave, Houston, Renfrewshire, PA6 7LG, Scotland. I came across your Auto advert on the internet,which I am interested in buying it for my wife but first i'd like to know the following things. It's a diesel or petrol? The mileage? And also if it has been involved in any accidents in the past,and other features not mentioned in the advert. In your email, please let me know the LEAST PRICE you'll sell for me. Payment will be made to you by a certified UK Bank Draft or Cheque and collection is after clear funds into your account. Thanks and I await your reply with the picture via-email as soon as possible. Cheers! Mr Kim. Response from me Hi Kimberly, Answering your questions in order; - It runs on uranium 231 - 1.3 million mile but all motorway miles. - It has been involved in 45 accident and was previously used in a destruction derby. - The least price I can let it go for is £400,000. Next one Received: 18 August 2010 19:01 Customer Details: NAME: MR emily douglas TELEPHONE: EMAIL: emily_douglas11@luxmail.com Vehicle Details: MAKE: MAZDA MODEL: MX-5 PRICE: £2995 Message: HELLO SELLER MY NAME IS Emily Douglas. I SAW YOUR ADVERT ON THE INTERNET AND I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND I WILL LOVE TO BUY IT FROM YOU, SO CAN YOU JUST TELL ME THE CONDITION OF THE GOODS AND THE FINAL ASKING PRICE SO THAT I WILL QUICKLY MAKE THE ARRANGEMENT TO PAY IT OFF BY BANK DRAFT, I AM BUYING IT FOR MY BELOVED WIFE FOR A SURPRISE GIFT FOR HER FORTHCOMING BIRTHDAY,BECAUSE I AM PETROLEUM ENGINEER CURRENTLY ON A RIG OFFSHORE JUST TRY AND FEED ME BACK WITH THE CONDITION AND THE LAST PRICE......I WILL NEED YOU TO GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS AND THE NAME YOU WANTED ON THE BANK DRAFT SO I CAN SEND THE BANK DRAFT FOR THE PAYMENTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.. PLEASE NOTE I WILL ADD THE PICK UP AGENT FEES WITH THE BANK DRAFT I WILL SEND TO YOU,THAT THE PICK UP AGENT WILL COME FOR THE PICK UP AS SOON AS I HAVE MADE THE PAYMENTS,I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO TALK TO YOU ON PHONE BUT I HAVE TOLD YOU EARLIER ON AM RIG OFFSHORE,I WORK MAINLY OFFSHORE, OUR PHONE IS NETWORK ON THE RIG RIGHT NOW DUE TO BAD WEATHER, WE CAN ONLY COMMUNICATE WITH OUR BASE FOR NOW. THANKS AND I WILL BE EXPECTING YOUR ADDRESS.....SO FILL THE INFORMATION LIKE THIS NAME.................... ADDRESS................. STATE................... POST CODE.............. COUNTRY................ LAST PRICE............. EMAIL...................... TEL NUMBER............ I WILL ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE PAYMENT AT LEAST IN 6 WORKING DAYS. AS REGARDS THE PICK UP,AS SOON AS YOU CONFIRM TO ME THAT THE BANK DRAFT IS CLEARED TO YOUR ACCOUNT, I WILL INFORM MY AGENT SHIPPER TO COME FOR THE COLLECT IMMEDIATELY. CONSIDER IT SOLD TO ME. I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU SOONEST.... THANKS. Response You can have full access to my bank details and my wife provided you tell me one thing .........just how annoyed were you when your parents christened you Emily and how hard it is to sound matcho on an oil rig when you have a female name? My Favourite MAKE: MERCEDES-BENZ MODEL: CLK PRICE: £5000 Message: My name is desmond dave i live in 51 Constance StreetConsett c.o Durham England i saw the advert of your car on http://www.autotrader.co.uk and i am interested in buying it from you,will you pls get back to me if it is still availlable for sale ,you can reach me on +447024086782 your fast responce will be highly appreciated. Regard, Desmond. Response Your not the Desmond are you??? I mean if you are I'm sure we can work something out.............even if you've got a rubberized bankers draft you'd like to send me. Over the years you've given me so many laughs and happy memories Do you still get to see Pork Pie much?? I've got a few more too but I don't want to crash the site with my waffle........you've got to love the crazy lovable Nigerian folk.
-
2 things - don't 'buy out of it' just drop it to the lowest and give it the missus or keep it in the car as an emergency......no point buying out and losing all the free minutes/texts you've just paid for! Granted you can't port your number if you do this but tis up to you. My current contract is £25 per month with Vodamoan for HTC Legend (great phone but Desire HD is far more I-Phoneish) 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb internet usage (provided you have wireless internet at home you'll never come close to using it).
-
Not so much it isn't allowed mate as no one will see it who's actually looking to buy a car! Best sticking another thread up in the for sale section.
-
Gloss black mate.......its the future.
-
Grrrrrrrrrr - but upon closer inspection Carla noticed 1 passenger wheel has an inch long scratch down to the alloy around the centre caps and the other isn't fully painted around the centre cap.........back we go
-
+1 I had the same problem with my axle stands re the height.......given the angle of my driveway I couldn't actually get the car high enough to use the damn things!
-
If its got Brembos I believe a squeak isn't unheard of....plus if they haven't copper slipped the backs of the pads it can squeal a bit. They're all little things that you do expect to experience on a car but not when you've just bought it........get it back and sorted otherwise it'll take away the enjoyment of the car because they'll nag at you and send you
-
They look AWESOME! I was expecting a bloody big polished edge. Its just a nice subtle lips round the rim. I'll bang some photies up tomorrow.
-
+1 Even though i am not a racist that lot should have had seven bells of @*!# kicked out of them and then deported Its nothing to do with being racist mate.......if ANYONE of any race, colour or creed does that then they need glassing in the knob.
-
an hour!!! that must of been one horrific poo
-
just spoken to the garage to arrange picking up the wheels and they've fooked up and polished the outerlip instead of leaving it gloss Black!.........Carla is not a happy wabbit!!!