-
Posts
8,423 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ricey
-
Hard one for me because I'm a friend of all things furry yet I tunderstand the 'need' for foxes to be culled. I'll be on the foxes side for this argument to balance things out! Culling for the sakes of protecting your livestock or crops ETC is one thing...........sending dogs off on some toff'd up poncefest to tear an animal to pieces for the sake of 'tradition' is another. For example no foxes means no natural culling of wabbits meaning they breed out of control, which means crops destroyed - next thing you know we've got giant gangs of rabbit 'Crips' roaming the countrywide extorting farmers. Look at this from a different perspective - A fox kills 10 chickens and eats 1, kills a cat because its a potential threat (reality says its not but from a foxes perspective its a similar size and has sharp bits). Now.... - How much food (beef, chicken, turkey, pork ETC) did you throw away this xmas week? Enough to feed another 10 people 1 meal (probably)? If you killed someone defending you and yours you'd possibly go to jail or maybe even get off totally. Now.......why should the fox get torn to shreds by someone called Tarquin yet the human gets to live? Although I may of been watching too much Fantastic Mr Fox!
-
There used to be another much better app than facebook in the old days.......what the hell was it called????? Oh yeah! that was it........it was called 'talking'. Apparently now you have to literally vomit the contents of your head onto the internet for all and sundry to be bored by. Zuckerberg et al need a knob glassing if you ask me (potentially my first suggested knob glassing that Husky doesn't concur with! )
-
Trackday.........look at it in same terms as a holiday Experience - equivalent to being a chav on holiday in Dubai.......you've saved up your giro and can just about afford to go there and look like a tourist but bottom line is you can't afford to live the dream. You can look at the 7 star hotel and maybe you can even stroll into the lpbby - but bottom line is unless your booked in there your not taking a dump in the exquisite toilets. Trackday - equivalent to being an enthusiastic climber in the Canadian Rockies.....you've got your own equipment, you know what your doing, your a climber not a tourist and if you drop a bollock then your probably going to be seriously injured or die.....which kind of adds to the thrill.
-
I came across this when I test drove a Zed before getting ours. They reckoned it was a faulty ABS sensor...........difference was you could feel the ABS kicking in under normal braking from time to time. Might be worth just checking them out? Battery charger (if you do feel the need) - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165629 Advice I've been having from those older and wiser is - once it starts to go just bite the bullet and get a new one.
-
Do you have Sky? Did you know about Sky player?
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
. For different reasons both Murdoch and husky can kiss my kahuna's ! -
You should of been there when it was being taken!........i technically became a woman for about an hour thinks rectracted that far!
-
Do you have Sky? Did you know about Sky player?
Ricey replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Bah! No one tells me nothin! I can't understand why they don't charge anything for it though when Multiroom is another tenner or something......its actually better than multiroom!.........in fact its actually better than Sky with a decent connection. -
shat the bed mate!!!!!! In the words of Sgt Callahan from Police Acadamy..............you must have a set of brass balls THIS BIG!!
-
Just thought I'd mention this as I didn't have a clue about it until one of my family mentioned it and no one I've spoken to with Sky was aware of it either..........and it is IMMENSE! Basically if you have Sky you can sign into Sky Player for free. It basically works like the BBC I-Player or 4oD except you have (subject to your package) a library of zillions of programes, sports and films (circa 600 movies last time I looked) to view. The long and short of it is if you have a laptop (you can only register it to 1 computer at a time) and a decent internet connection..........you have portible Sky for the vast majority of programmes!!!!!! ...........cue flaming from the techno whores!!!
-
Sky remote record FTW!
-
See what we meant when people are talking about 'minters'.............I mean why describe it as mint when its not?!?!? You'd of probably still viewed and bought it if he'd been honest GM with the gloss black wheels look sweeeet if you ask me. It sounds like its just costmetics (retrim at that milage is a bit of a worry but maybe the bloke just had money to burn) and it was already up cheap so if you negotiated you've paid a good price mate........just have to hope the mechanicals have been looked after What was the service history like on it?
-
Stunning mate......I took this one in Delamere Forest over one of the meres. Carla had it blown up on a massive canvass for Xmas for me
-
Facebook...........reuniting you with people you tried hard to forget
-
Funny you should mention that, the original designer commented that the car as it is now is no where near what he origianally drew. He also liked liked the Veilside kit and said it complimented the car well. I also like Busters car but i love the Veilside. I think if you go 'mental' styleeee like yours mate it looks more of a show car it works.....normal road go'er standard paint job/wheels would be delving dangerously close to chavalicious.....only in my humble of course. Different strokes and all that.
-
Sony BDP-S570B Blu-ray Disc Player with Built-in3D
Ricey replied to speedy's topic in Off Topic Discussion
cheeky thieving git in currys......tried to tell me that the playstation was practically unusable without a 90 quid lead......I obviously told him to jam it but I thought it would of at least made a bit of difference. -
Provided you've no issues with driving it might I suggest getting it done in the Spring.........this stinks all over of paying through the sniffler for a repair then driving straight back out into the Arctic Tundra and smashing it again just because sods law says you will!! You can save up for a few months then and maybe even stockpile a few parts over the coming months ready for the job from cheaper sources?
-
I'll get your coat
-
Sony BDP-S570B Blu-ray Disc Player with Built-in3D
Ricey replied to speedy's topic in Off Topic Discussion
My TV is alright but its about 4 years old now so it won't be top spec for watching HD (let along 3D). If your HDMI cable is kack apparently it make the picture worse, half the junk is upscaled rather than true HD..........about the only thing that is significantly better is the footy. The 3D footy would be an interesting one (not seen it yet)........I can see that being proper rubbish! -
I'm not entirely sure why but I personally think yours is one of the nicest looking Zeds on here. Subtle without being over the top.........Veilside with the greatest respect to those who have it just detracts from the original beauty of a Zed
-
Sony BDP-S570B Blu-ray Disc Player with Built-in3D
Ricey replied to speedy's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Not seen it yet but I've heard that it looks very much like 'bits' of what ever your watching are in 3D then the rest is 2D which makes it look a bit shash. +1 on the cinema thing........makes my eye kill and I get a right headache. I get robbed 10 quid by Sky every damn month for HD which is a bloody con........I'll be damned if I'm forking out any more for a headache too ! -
Worth checking the fluid in the battery too if its a wet cell........won't charge without it.
-
When I can afford a rock as big as the one you bought - so probably never! Argos £29.99..........go and ask for a box from your poshest local boutique jeweller (preferrably one thats on its ass and it likely to go out of business before you have any requirement to go back to them). Jobs a gudun!
-
Boomboompow!.....hidden away viewtopic.php?f=32&t=42392
-
Your the one who came on here to seek our 'uninformed' opinion. Have you seen that the advert now says 'sold'? EVERYBODY BE COOL!!!! YOU BE COOL Pre-emptivly striking against the inevitable deterioration this thread is going to take and the subsequent bashing for everyone by a moderator stick.......let me explain a few things to put the comments in context. Its not an uninformed opinion or ragging on the motor your lookin at (and are obviously very excited about) for the sake of it mate. Sarnie for example as you can see from his post count has been around her for a veeeery long time and has seen countless people (me included) get over excited about buying Zeds before they've even seen them, purely on the basis that the seller said it was 'mint'......and they turn out to be utter spanner boxes. Your posts really do imply that you've practically made your mind up on this one before even seeing it. A million times before the more experienced dudes on the forum have had to make an assessment to give advice based on some photos or an advert and therefore know all the *potential* tell tale signs you can ping from them..........such as someone who can't be bothered to move the snow off the car before putting it up for sale (does that say a lot for the pride they took in the car?....or did they just need to get the car up for sale ASAP). Now......Black Alloys........ polarise opinion completely on here. I think they look ace (and have gloss black rays on mine )........however Dave in his own......more.......demented way refers to black wheels as the choice of knobbers - don't judge him as he has several mental issues that we're trying to work through with him. Try and keep your sensible cap on tomorrow because there are some really mint examples knocking about but you do have to root around for them.........if anything looks shoddy then walk
-
Weeeeeel. Its not really the same for all cars is it? For example the Zed has a heeeeeyawge engine and a relativly small battery.......my old 2.3 litre merc had a battery the size of a mini and didn't miss a beat in winter. You've got to fire up a big ass engine and power the immobiliser when the engine is off. Alternator might not be the best in the world either. I'm sure our resident hound will be along soon to explain in better detail than me as I know feck all about electrics.