Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Simple solution - get your Mrs to buy the car..........you'll be too scared to drive like a div because you'll lose vital reproductive organs if you bin the car! Personally I've well and truly got no confidence in my own driving ability so I take it quite careful on anything but a straight road.........hence why I don't really have a problem with the Maxxis ditchfinders - they never get pushed far enough to cause me any problems. Good thread though Dan
  2. Daryl I'm literally about 6 months ahead of you with a carbon copy situation (even down to the fact that we're both 28 and parents divorced 25 years ago!?!?). I could literally repeat what you've said at the top with a few minor tweaks. I'll only add a couple of things because people have given you great advice and I dealt with my situation in a manner that I wouldn't like to recommend to others because its a personal choice - I don't have anything to do with my dad anymore because he was literally pushing me to the point of snapping. Depression is an evil little bitch and whilst I've never had it myself I still feel confident enough to say.........its still not an excuse for acting like a ****. Something you HAVE to do here is look after yourself, your life and your partner. Your dad is exactly that your DAD......parents are supposed to be there for their children come good or bad, rain or shine - children are not here to deal with parents who act like selfish mongtards. He is not your responsibility, you have your own life, he made his bed and now he lies in it. I don't know your dad so I don't know if this reaction was out of sorts or a more normal outburst - one thing I would say is to make sure he's not resorting to drink to cope with any anxiety or depression - this could explain any unusual personality change........my dad did and thats what drove me over the edge to the point where I had to tell him I didn't want anything to do with him anymore. Whether I'll ever change that opinion remains to be seen because after 4 solid years of grief and refusing to help himself (other than chomping down as many magic pills from the doctor he could find) I was very close to a nasty edge. Its a bloody horrible thing to deal with and it sounds like you perhaps have a lot more time for you dad than I ever did for mine anyway so follow the good advice others have given........if you want my honest opinion from what you said above - I can't see you dad getting any better without a wake up call (I wouldn't mind a guess that he's been through a 5 year mill of anti depressants, anti anxiety, beta blockers, diazapam, counselling, psychiatrists, CPN's ETC with no success) - he's bitter about his life and he needs to deal with it - no pill will cure that and neither can you. I'm at the end of a pm anytime mate.......I genuninely feel for you bud.
  3. Nothing quite like the sound of a 'tard bouncing off the limiter Sounds.................arousing
  4. I'm still mid spray. I was a bit nervous about BMW Hot Orange to be honest but its dried really nice. Another couple of coats, some lacquer and I'm there I reckons. Must remember to put the powersteering cap back on before Carla drives off tomorrow! If the weather holds I'm going to have a crack at the engine cover on Friday............is there anyway to retain the silver of the lettering on the engine cover? Masking it seems like a right impossible job. Assume the Nissan badge just pulls off?
  5. Loads of people have cool avatars that move and I WANT ONE TOO! I've found one but the file size is too big - how the hell do you find a movey avatar thats small enough to fit the max file size? Can you resize them?
  6. **EDIT** updated 05/06/2011 - updated thread title to make it a bit more relevan*** ...........my potential epic fail is actually going quite well at the moment. Glrnet's advice is going down a treat! Question - whilst I'm getting over ambitious - could you spray the intake pipe or is that just asking for trouble in my unskilled hands? Also I've got colour and lacquer in my little kit thingy - it is ok to put lacquer on isn't it? Its not going to react badly to the heat or anything. Be gentle........I'm having a go which is the main thing.
  7. Fair enough but theres a way to say it....and this wasn't it.
  8. The first thing they should do is speak to a non fee charging debt advice agency like the CAB, consumer credit counselling service or payplan......avoid parasitic fee chargers at all costs BKO might be the best option but there are definite implications. If they have equity (unlikely with 100% mortgage) then the trustee might make them sell. BKO won't impact the mortgage payments but could reduce the unsecured they owe. In the event of a repossession any shortfall would already be swallowed up in the BKO....but worth checking this with the trustee. Worth asking the mortgage lender about the government mortgage rescue scheme too.....could really help if they are eligible. I'm not an expert so use the above with caution and see professional advice
  9. I know where there's a cheap xbox going spare
  10. Nope all free. The forum has donated a 370z to the raffle too.
  11. Porsche's don't buy themselves after all. Martmac must be making a right coin from organising LakeZ
  12. But Dan...........surely the subscriptions we all pay to the forum will cover it?
  13. Thank God for that - I thought you were 37% retarded. I'll leave this one for the mods to deal with then
  14. The Zed can never be described as a boring car..........if you not modding it then just make sure its cleaner than everyone elses! Good for you with the mechanics.........probably best reading my post history for a 'not what to do' guide. As for anything useful there is usually a guide on here for most jobs.
  15. Thats a proper eclectic car history mate! I've paid through the nose for insurance before but you must be mad as a frog in a sock to pay that!
  16. Ahhhhhhhh I gets you now. Probably because its in Wales.....they get everything subsidised! Make sure you bring your prescriptions with you while we're there
  17. piccies picces piccies! What car are you coming from Tony?
  18. If anyone posts that cretinous petrol boycott chain mail in response to this they die..................die with fire.
  19. she wouldn't inflict that upon the world I look like this
  20. Errrrrrrr, well there you go then - its a buffet and not a BBQ.................do you want a BBQ as well?!?!?
  21. Carla said I can't do it...............I tried really hard to convince her but unfortunately she's having none of it. Incidentally she won't be logging on to the forum for the next 2 months playstation network resurrection perfectly timed
  22. Searchy and the world shall be yours my son..............and ours will be the Earth. viewtopic.php?f=57&t=48574&hilit=lakez
  23. .........and in recent news insurances prices have jumped up 30% this year Bloody insurance companies don't know their arse from the elbow. Their 'approved repair centers' are one of the single biggest jokes I've come across. Hope it gets sorted mate.
  24. Log book was not available for some reason. And it was changed to disabled use hence the delay it getting it back. Live and learn I guess!
×
×
  • Create New...