Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Am I missing something? The S2000 is about the same as a Zed (there or there abouts) isn't it? Group 19/20 insurance, Honda parts prices (Nissanish?), Service interval pretty similar, MPG pretty similar, needs to be thrashed for it to move? I've used an RX8 (same horrible thrashy torqueless style) for motorway cruising mate......soul destroying lack of torque. If you want thrills and economy your seriously restricted - dare I say it.....Audi TT. s2000 doesn't feel as gutless as the RX8, higher insurance than the zed, but i could get 35 mpg out of the s2k on a long drive. and being able to take the roof down just adds to the fun factor, which is why it is so much better than the rx8. as for parts i never had to buy any as it never broke, unlike my zed, which always seemed to have niggles. If its not gutless and it can turn that kind of MPG back then it might be a good shout. I had a thread about a getting a Cockster a few weeks back.........lot of bang for your buck and that was mid 30's on a combined cycle
  2. Because
  3. Tarmac may be able to get his grubby mitts on some other shiny bits.........probably got a job lot of them in the back of his van
  4. +1 although tres satisfying when you get it right! Glad its sorted mate
  5. You can do it only if you your car can transform into a 30ft tall robot and defends the human race. Beyond that your going severely 'Barry'
  6. Oooooo I dunno maybe base it on the risk profile of the individual rather than getting out the old tar brush? How long have you lived there? How long have you kept a car at that address? Have you ever made a claim for theft, vandalism ETC? Then again as we established last time.....the public at large can't be trusted to tell the truth apparently. You forgot 'driveway' and just to be clear, we ([sky] via our scheme underwriters) would most definitely NOT load your premium for keeping the car in a garage, when I answered you last week I made it quite clear that some insurers will load but not all. No you didn't your response was; You did say this though; Which given that of the top 10 quotes I received 9 of them increased based on a 'non-fault' claim........and as it turns out (according to an existing policy holder) so do Sky.........it appears to be as much of a minority as a redneck at NASCAR I'd say Would you like me to put this back in the shed for you?
  7. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=52134 In the for sale section dude
  8. Sounds like a decent result mate Not sure on the strip though.
  9. Am I missing something? The S2000 is about the same as a Zed (there or there abouts) isn't it? Group 19/20 insurance, Honda parts prices (Nissanish?), Service interval pretty similar, MPG pretty similar, needs to be thrashed for it to move? I've used an RX8 (same horrible thrashy torqueless style) for motorway cruising mate......soul destroying lack of torque. If you want thrills and economy your seriously restricted - dare I say it.....Audi TT.
  10. Perhaps its a resident forum tard?
  11. How frugal do you need to be? What body shape are you looking for? How much coin do you have to spend? This list you've given is pretty ridiculous when you look at your original statement! You've basically listed the least frugal, impractical, expensive to buy/run/repair cars you could think of!
  12. go for it its easy to do and makes a big change, probs my cheapest and one of my favorite mods Unless your name is Ricey Oi! I had no problems with my engine makeover
  13. Its about bloody time!
  14. Hey fair play to Olly for swinging in with a reply - he's only doing his job at the end of the day. Lets face it - no one who works in the industry is going to pipe up and outright admit that insurance is one of the biggest daylight robberies going.
  15. I've Emailed him too... Should be tres interesting considering he sent me off with a flea in my ear last week when I dared to question why parking IN a garage was more expensive. Slightly upsetting for you though Dave; - No garage = no insurance - garage = premium loaded as high risk of bashing your car in the garage
  16. Never mind I'm sure Olly will be on soon to educate us on whatever excuse they have for this one
  17. Good choice mate - glads its worked out. My car hasn't missed a beat since the chip came off so it was obviously that causing the problems.
  18. Look how much trouble a pro body shop had matching Wasso's bumper - colours out of the can just don't cut the mustard if your not doing up a shed.
  19. Mine will be for sale soon.£425, collection.PM if your interested. Selling the car, so getting the goodies off. How comes you selling bud?
  20. I have......on a £500 car. Reasonable finish..........on a £500 car. Would I do it on a Zed..........you bet my hairy nutsack I wouldn't. For a start you need a sterile dust free environment - which outside of having a 'budget' 2k airchamber isn't going to happen. Sling it to the body shop mate
  21. What a terrifying amount of money has gone into that car over the years!
×
×
  • Create New...