Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. my perfornace specialist charges £30 an hour and then what ever the parts are in cost. i suppose it depends on where in the UK you are. you're london based jerry, and costs can often be higher. True m8, London rates always a premium!! Pah - its bad enough up North.....I had to pay 80p for a can of coke the other day
  2. Ricey

    Om nomnom

    Just been making sure the Fiesta is running smoothly today as some bloke is coming from Nottingham to look at the Lancer tomorrow (assuming he's fairly keen as its an hour and a half away!). Really can't decide what to get..........I feels a thread coming up!
  3. Ricey

    Om nomnom

    The triple airfilter dooberries look ossum!
  4. Ricey

    Om nomnom

    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
  5. Bloody hell Lexx.........is there any need lad?
  6. Now you need this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-C ... 334wt_1037
  7. still twice the price of a zed .....and some sort of write off
  8. Someone please show me a noble, Cayman, 911 (that didn't come off the Ark) for sub 8k....... Your comparing oranges and jellyfish if we're talking today prices.
  9. Bloody hell Ricey....Surely you're not serious! Hmmmm - I like it but I'm not sure I can live with 6.7 liters on the drive but only 4 seats! Taking anything bigger than a carrier bag anywhere would be something of a problem!
  10. Tell me about it mate...worth it though! Closing on my first £100 tank pretty soon I reckon.
  11. Buy 2 Zeds and tow one behind Go crackers - sod the handling and get a 'stang!
  12. Bloody hell Skidder! My Lancer might be going on Sunday and I'd talked myself out of getting one and now you've got me looking again http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
  13. I guess what DBlock means mate is what are you actually using to define why the Boxster has no character? Why does a Cayman have character when a Boxster does't. Have you ever driven one? In the same price range (forget the badge) what looks *significantly* better? Boxster has centre exit zorsty too? Get the 3.2 liter and 0-60 is 5.9 seconds Will handle better than many cars as mid engine Take the badge away......why does it not have character? Bland interior I'll give you but the rest is a very attractive package........if you don't mind people spitting on you when the roof is down.
  14. Good stuff mate - enjoy
  15. As its lighter you'll be able to move a lot quicker Col!
  16. I think your making "character" up cayman and 987s are about 80%-90% the same. Boxster is probably one of the best convertibles out there. Less than a cayman too. Never driven one but I asked the question on here and got a very positive response. Lets look at it from a different point of view. Stick a Merc or a BMW badge on it - many people would suddenly change their tune and endlessly wax lyrical about how amazing it is. Its got a Porsche badge on it and therefore you expect soul stirring, premium feel, germanic build quality........which it perhaps doesn't deliver quite as well as other Porsches because its 'budget' as far as a Porsche goes. The problem is buying a car says something about 'you' as a person - you buy a Porsche because you; A. want a soul stirring awesome reliable car. B. want to flount the peacock feathers to show the world how well your doing (thats why I would get one if I had the money anyway!) Therefore the assessment of people who buy a Boxster by many people is; A. if you listen to Clarkson its a Coxster and therefore its almost an automotive faux pas to buy it. B. you can't afford a 'real' Porsche so don't try and impress me with your badge. Harsh assessment all round but thats the way of the world. In fact there are 3 types of people in this assessment; - People who know nothing about cars.......they will think you've got an amazing car - People who know a bit about cars........they will think 'hahahaha.....****' (I live in this group). - People who know a bit more about cars........they will give you the nod for buying a good decent car because they are not quite so fussed about the badge because they know the car is good.
  17. I vote for Sarnie!
  18. My unnatural affinity with rodents has just gone up a notch!
  19. TY Ricey It was quite easy to learn, Google is you friend http://www.osh.govt.nz/order/catalogue/ ... anners.pdf OK I may have a bit of experience in the spanner department (it was the 2 years I spent as an apprentice mechanic) that helped. See there's the difference........I've spent the last 11 years working hard to bring the world to the brink of the financial apocalypse rather than tinkering with engines
  20. Hmmmm - this concerns me because I've seen your car in the flesh and it made me have an accident in my pants. Perhaps they look better on the car than on their own.
  21. First time I've bothered my arse to read this thread (It was a bit like 24 - I missed the first series and couldn't be bothered catching up)..............WOW. Awesome thread although I must say you were clearly talking complete bollox when you said you didn't know one end of a spanner from the other
  22. I thought I was going to be reading some horrific human trafficking story in this tread.............turns out it was worse than I expected!!
  23. Buy them and burn them because someone else might buy them and actually put it on their car. I mean literally KILL THE F****RS WITH FIRE! BURNBURNBURNBURN. I don't like them
  24. Stone the crows ! There's 40 seconds of my life I'm never getting back. All that for 27 pictures of a Nismo kitted zed!
  25. Not sure if you ever did anything about this Col but I think I found out what it actually is.......ours haven't gone dull - they are caked in wax! Its really baked on but I scratched a little bit of it the other day and it was nice and shiny underneath
×
×
  • Create New...