Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. There was something very similar to this recently and I'm sure it was the clutch - let me have a look and see if I can root it out
  2. There was something very similar to this recently and I'm sure it was the clutch - let me have a look and see if I can root it out
  3. Leg......end
  4. Leg......end
  5. HR engine has more BHP for a kick off so you'll be modding a DE to get up to HR levels straight away. Christ how fast do you lot need your cars! Its sub 6 seconds as it is!
  6. HR engine has more BHP for a kick off so you'll be modding a DE to get up to HR levels straight away. Christ how fast do you lot need your cars! Its sub 6 seconds as it is!
  7. Ricey

    350z vs s2000

    Rubbish. I can overtake perfectly well in my diesel truck that weighs over 2.5tons and has a powerband you can thread through the eye of a needle it's that narrow. It's all about forward planning and knowing your vehicle. It's lazier overtaking in the Zed, granted, but no more easier than in an S2K. If it's "lazier" then it's also more "effortless",which is what I said.How is that rubbish? Less effort means easier progress which IMHO means safer progress for the average driver.So you can always forward plan to be in exactly the right gear on a twisty,dark road that you don't know?If so you must be a better driver than most. Let's try another adjective which might be more relevant to the OP's queries. "A 350z is a BETTER car for public road overtaking than a S2000." I have to be honest I totally agree. I had an RX8 (which is somewhere around the same neck of the woods in terms of torque) and it drove me crazy! Revving the bollocks off a car every time you want it to actually move anywhere was a bit too much like hard work for my liking. You can 'safely overtake' but like said above - you've got to have your head on it and be prepared to take action to do it.......with the Zed you just dump the pedal and off you pop.
  8. Ricey

    350z vs s2000

    Rubbish. I can overtake perfectly well in my diesel truck that weighs over 2.5tons and has a powerband you can thread through the eye of a needle it's that narrow. It's all about forward planning and knowing your vehicle. It's lazier overtaking in the Zed, granted, but no more easier than in an S2K. If it's "lazier" then it's also more "effortless",which is what I said.How is that rubbish? Less effort means easier progress which IMHO means safer progress for the average driver.So you can always forward plan to be in exactly the right gear on a twisty,dark road that you don't know?If so you must be a better driver than most. Let's try another adjective which might be more relevant to the OP's queries. "A 350z is a BETTER car for public road overtaking than a S2000." I have to be honest I totally agree. I had an RX8 (which is somewhere around the same neck of the woods in terms of torque) and it drove me crazy! Revving the bollocks off a car every time you want it to actually move anywhere was a bit too much like hard work for my liking. You can 'safely overtake' but like said above - you've got to have your head on it and be prepared to take action to do it.......with the Zed you just dump the pedal and off you pop.
  9. Jesus! Thats some proper skills there Tim.
  10. Jesus! Thats some proper skills there Tim.
  11. Welcome - whatchooo driving at the moment matey.....any piccies to keep us entertained while your looking?
  12. Welcome - whatchooo driving at the moment matey.....any piccies to keep us entertained while your looking?
  13. Hopefully no one will leap on my back here but I'm not surprised at all. Young people looking for big power and pecker swinging status cars will be attracted to the Zed like stink on poo.......also another reason why we see people buying Zed's and shifting them for pennies 3 months later when they realize they can't afford them. Hot hatches and Imprezza's have a certain chav factor attached that if your not an older (25+) person is immeasurably heightened.......the u25 population these days (Even with the recession) still has a reasonable proportion of affluent young people who can't afford to move out of home with mum and dad so put their cash into something to help them forget about the miserable chances they've got of ever moving out Unfortunately the Zed with dropping in value this will only get worse until it eventually ends up in FTO/GTO/300Z classification of now - I remember the day when I was a kid that those kind of cars were so far out of my league it was untrue.
  14. Hopefully no one will leap on my back here but I'm not surprised at all. Young people looking for big power and pecker swinging status cars will be attracted to the Zed like stink on poo.......also another reason why we see people buying Zed's and shifting them for pennies 3 months later when they realize they can't afford them. Hot hatches and Imprezza's have a certain chav factor attached that if your not an older (25+) person is immeasurably heightened.......the u25 population these days (Even with the recession) still has a reasonable proportion of affluent young people who can't afford to move out of home with mum and dad so put their cash into something to help them forget about the miserable chances they've got of ever moving out Unfortunately the Zed with dropping in value this will only get worse until it eventually ends up in FTO/GTO/300Z classification of now - I remember the day when I was a kid that those kind of cars were so far out of my league it was untrue.
  15. Illegal tints = knob muncher Tasteful tints =
  16. Illegal tints = knob muncher Tasteful tints =
  17. I thought this was a 5 year old thread resurrection for a minute there........I assume the strap line is "2012 Porsche Boxster......Design By Tracing Paper"
  18. I thought this was a 5 year old thread resurrection for a minute there........I assume the strap line is "2012 Porsche Boxster......Design By Tracing Paper"
  19. Wednesday if I remember rightly. That volley was amazing
  20. Wednesday if I remember rightly. That volley was amazing
  21. He's a hero at everton too for catching the ball rather than smashing it in when our keeper was injured. Kept us up
  22. He's a hero at everton too for catching the ball rather than smashing it in when our keeper was injured. Kept us up
  23. Do he have access to a homing pidgeon that has any sort of debt collecting skills? If so he could mail you the homing pidgeon with the cash attached to its leg. If the goods dont turn up then the homing pidgeon could give you a severe pecking and nick the money back before making its way back home? It saves on the 3.5% Paypal fees
  24. Do he have access to a homing pidgeon that has any sort of debt collecting skills? If so he could mail you the homing pidgeon with the cash attached to its leg. If the goods dont turn up then the homing pidgeon could give you a severe pecking and nick the money back before making its way back home? It saves on the 3.5% Paypal fees
  25. Ricey

    350z vs s2000

    I've got the 3 litre Z4 and am a shareholder in the missus 350Z. 350 does a big poo on the Z4 in terms of comfort and general 'feel' but the Z4 feels better quality in terms of trim etc. Z4 goes like stink and feels faster than the zed because your seated lower........the handelling even with runflats is amazing (feels surer than the Zed) - I think what chris means is the ride on runflats is horrific...........and I do mean HORRIFIC. Its bonejarring to the point that certain potholes make you think you've had an accident. Choice of the 3 - 350z every time but thats because I'm a sucker for a v6. S2000 wasn't car of the year four thousand years running for no reason though - ugly begger but quality engineering.
×
×
  • Create New...