Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Mate, you can't go from an AMG Merc to a diesel pretend sports car Yes I can.....because I have My merc isn't amg and to be quite honest its the biggest disappointment of a car I've ever experienced but hey ho we all live and learn. V8 or not......it sounded @*!# (when being driven.....exhaust sounded ok revving in neutral).....drove @*!#.......handled ok to be fair.......interior quality sort of oddly @*!# (creaking all over the place). Not what I was hoping for and totally my fault for buying blind and paying a dickhead to repair it (for £1500). Just swallowed a £3500 loss on it within a month.......that's just how @*!# it is. Derv Audi.........fecking brilliant compromise and leagues ahead of the derv slk
  2. I have owned two Z32 in the past as well as many other cars. I appreciate the history of Nissan Z cars and have some (clearly misguided) interest in the latest generation. Again my misconception was that dealerships would consider this as a plus point. Judging by your comments, both they and you do not. what a good response
  3. Budget?
  4. Out of interest has anyone driven a derv Audi tt?
  5. Not all dealerships are like that, there's still one or two which offers good customer service. Like ioneabee, I have a good experience in my dealership Magic Nissan. I found the dealership through a site online. I decided to search through web because I have gone to many dealerships and honestly, some really do have bad services. .,...and to think all he needed to do was travel to Washington.
  6. This is the line from merc........all of the 250 dervs in the entire uk under the 'amazing pcp' deal are sold so they've push it to the 200 petrol. There were 4 soot chuckers that they could find in the uk......cheapest of which had 9k of extras pushing the monthly price upto 520. Luckily this was all academic as a drive in the 250 petrol (which sounded like a diesel to me.....swear the salesman got it wrong) was enough to convince me that this was one utterly shiiiiiite car. That gearbox is the most confused **** of a gearbox I've ever come across.....it simply does not know what gear to be in Seats I could imagine to be spine shattering over a long journey
  7. Of course not mate.........bear in mind that the correspondance address that they hold is a deralict wearhouse but you still need to go through the hoops of sending it there by recorded deliver first. Also find out who the land owner is and get them involved............puts the cat right amongst the pidgeons as they become a 'co-defendant'
  8. This has got fail written all over it
  9. Hopefully test driving a derv SLK this afternoon..........the more my little brain thinks about it the more PCP seems to make sense to me (the financing option not the highly addictive psychodelic narcotic).
  10. Go custom and be different! Just make sure they don't make it too quiet
  11. Stayed at 30 - so it was accelerating but just not properly? Were there any revs at all or total death? Sounds to me like limp home mode - I had it in the Alfa the other day......would only go up to about 3krpm and it would do that pretty slowly.
  12. That last piccie of them where they were sanded down doesn't look real! It looks like a painting or something! Aces so far though
  13. Ricey

    Spacers

    Surely people are only brand whores based upon what they know......until you can change the perception or boost the profile of another brand thats how it stays. Eibach are good quality and don't tear in half...........people use them the most and therefore when someone says 'hi I want a spacer to keep the wheel on my car' people recommend eibach. Doesn't meant there aren't other brands out there but why would people recommend TPI when they know feck all about them?!? Same reason rota's are so popular.......they look good on the car, lots of people have them so they get recommend.
  14. Ricey

    Spacers

    Would you really take the chance that it was just the track day that killed them....for what ?? A few quid saving! They're not even that cheap!
  15. Z4 forum are onto it and asking questions
  16. Ricey

    Alfa Brera

    No mate......not even been close to one in the flesh but i hear generally poor reviews of them.
  17. Ricey

    Alfa Brera

    Going to have a chat with merc tomorrow about the slk soot chucker.
  18. Ricey

    North Wales

    Snowdonia driving is epic!
  19. epic review Dan!
  20. Ricey

    Alfa Brera

    all academic now anyway.......called the Brera garage again to have another natter. "listen I'm going to be honest with you..........I don't want the Merc" Great.
  21. Ricey

    Alfa Brera

    Good man. I need to go and test drive one first as apparently they have horrendous turbo lag. Might get an SLK test drive lined up as well.
  22. Ricey

    Alfa Brera

    Toby thats spot on mate! Wonder what Blue Me is
  23. Ricey

    Alfa Brera

    Alfa dealers were notorious a few years back for being useless. The only problem with the petrol is the MPG is about 2 worse on published figures than my V8 Merc and the 0-60 and torque are abysmal for a 3.2 V6. 2.2 petrol is even worse (comparatively).
  24. I think I may go and have a mooch round the merc garage at this new SLK.......that PCP deal that was discussed in the 'epic SLK PCP thread' is looking rather attractive. Plus merc can't try and mug me off on the part ex value for my car. One thing I've always wondered though..........can you part ex on a PCP plan?
×
×
  • Create New...