Jump to content

Will370z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    10,023
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Will370z

  1. I can only speak for myself and those that i know who have had it done and its a definite yes. The uprev gives the car a lot more low down torque which gives the car a real boost. Only way i can describe it is you get power delivery all the way through the gears. But its not a massive power boost if that is what you are expecting. I liked the sound of the stock exhaust and in all honesty if mine hadnt broken on an activity day i would most probably have kept it. However i replaced stock with a miltek. Its a nice quality sound but after a while i found it was too quiet. To fix that i added the berks hfcs and all i can say is wow. Benefited the next uprev and gave me awesome sound, car now sounds like a real muscle car. You do get a tinny rasp around 4-5k but you get used to it and i know love it. Trouble is to have all that in one go is expensive. Not sure how far away from guildford you live but if you wanted to pop this way i could take you for a spin and you could make a comparison. Sorry didnt get back to you on the pm but only just got back from the hoon and spent most of yesterday sleeping to recover. Regarding the performance tuner near silverstone i cant remember their name - glrnet will know.
  2. Seems either the weather, the altitude or being bounced around in the car has upset my little camera as all the pics have a nice purple tint but here are some of the pics anyway. In no particular order : Alex and his playmates A picture of the mad uns play time i think we made his day The hooners we did do some non zed related activities: The old man of storr
  3. Lol, when i get back to guildford i will try to upload and post the offending footage. No need to deny knowldge of me, i was trying to hide in the back of the garage so i couldnt be seen after the telling off lol, bit tricky for me though as i stick out a little bit. Just glad it was me and nothing wrong with the car or andys driving, think he was a little worried as we came in.
  4. Yeah i keep getting these, like chris says id rather pop along by myself when its quieter and have a nose around, and despite being a vip theres never that much discounted.
  5. Really enjoyed it, was definitely worth it to phone the boss and get an extra day off so i could come along. Watching alex and the porker having a tussle was fun, cars sounded great. Big thanks to andy for taking me around, sorry i got you black flagged (cough cough ), still they didnt cover it in the briefing and i didnt know you were not supposed to take hand held camers. Still its a good momento. Sorry had to dash off straight after the track session but had 6 1/2 hours to drive back to hereford. Zed didit effortlessly, she just ate up the miles. Now she just needs a dam good clean. Thanks again everyone for a great week, one of the highlights of the year for me. Very enjoyable. Great to meet some of the members from up north face to face at last too.
  6. Great pics guys n gals, its been a corker. Loved every minute. Fallen in love with scotland and fallen in love with the zed all over again. Shes made for the place. Evwn managed to have the roof down and get a tan, well get burnt. I'm booking my place for next year already. Today was great, loved the pies, wonder if they will deliver to guildford, then that hot chocolate, wow. Only troule is will the chocolates i bought for friends and family make it back in one piece. Got to the northernmost point then some mad buggers went running off into the sea, will post pics when i get back to guildford tomorrow as its last day for me today Great drive today, though lots of gravel, think i picked up more chips than ive eaten in the last five days and thats saying something. But each and every one was worth it. Love this place.
  7. At last car finally washed and hoovered, suitcase packed, well nearly. All ready for the go tomorrow
  8. Great pics there ian, nothing like fresh air and a bit of exercise to build up a thirst. Have fun at the ring. Will
  9. Dont blame you . Make sure you coming along to the surrey meets, big part of zed ownership and we have quite a few down this way now too. Just dont get sucked in to this modding malarky, gets expensive lol.
  10. Looks lovely
  11. Dont want to put a damper on things but perhaps its a hint to delay the zed purchase, build up some ncbs on another car and buy one in the future, added bonus is zed prices will have dropped too. I couldnt even contemplate paying over 2k for insurance seems crazy. Easier said than done though, in the mean time hope you do find a sensible quote as zed ownership is a lot of fun
  12. Thought about that but the zed isnt insured with admiral and im not intending to change from sky as they have been excellent so far. Also arnt there issues with losing the ncbs on both cars if you have the multi car policies. Not sure but i think there was a post on that issue a while back.
  13. Too much information Haha, yeah good luck with that
  14. Long live the tuba, I salute you. She sure did sound good.
  15. Yeah crazy isn't it, I'm hoping sky will be flexible enough to sort something out. I burst out laughing down the phone to the direct line employee when he told me their quote.
  16. One thing I would definitely recommend is get along to one of the local meets and her some of the exhausts in the flesh, no comparison to YouTube. I've had a miltek exhaust fitted, nice quality note but a little quiet so I added some berks hfc and OMG car now sounds like a real muscle car, absolutely love it
  17. Ummm not thought about buying a classic shed. Will keeping looking for a decent quote
  18. Looks like a perfect colour match and a perfect fit
  19. Nearly up there with Jessica rabbit
  20. well I've been looking around for a cheap economical shed in preparation for the winter and to minimise all the speed bumps and pot holes that the poor zed is having to go over. Spotted a nice little Peugeot 360 diesel for 700 just the job I thought. Before buying thought I'd check out insurance quotes. Compare the Market came up with premiums of 260+, ouch. Still I know it's not necessarily the value of the car you buy that influences the insurance as I could still hit a ferrarri in the pug as easily as in the zed. Still a lot I thought. Phoned direct line this morning to get a quote and while chatting to the guy realised I would not want to take my ncb over from the zed, his initial quote was 330 but this rocketed to 770 for thriird party with 0 years ncb, WTF insurance was more than the cost of the car. Will give sky a call tomorrow to see if there is anything they can do but at this rate there's no way I'm getting a shed with insurance at that cost. How do you guys insure your shed? Multiple car policies, partners as named drivers? Any advice because this is crazy.
  21. Good luck with the merc, looks lovely. Sounds like your zed was at the start of a slippery slope so best to get shift of her. Will miss the old elephant and trombone though. Still you can't run from the gang, once a member always a member
  22. I think you have handled this very diplomatically with due consideration for the trader concerned but if I was you I would not be happy with the job and I would be asking them to fix it and I certainly wouldnt be paying them extra to do that. Then again I don't know the details or the price paid for the original job. Hope you get it all sorted.
  23. Have a great trip Sounds like you are enjoying it and the Zeds getting a lot of attention
×
×
  • Create New...