Jump to content

Will370z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    10,023
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Will370z

  1. Very nice like the wheels
  2. Just got the car back from abbey after having the up rev tweaked for the berks. Thanks mark for letting me sit in again and watch and learn. Car feels fantastic, did a big detour home but had to be careful in the thundering rain. Mark got the car up to 298bhp and got another nice boost in torque, she feels fantastic, but....the noise now is awesome, god it sounds good. I even love the rasp it gives. Took my housemate out for a drive and he was smiling like a little kid for the whole journey. Can't wait for the tunnel run weekend after next. Found an old video I made after I had the milltek originally installed, if anyone is interested in the difference berks make I could record the new sound for a comparison. Just ask. Thanks again to Sarah for the breakfast as usual with marmite, and a big thanks to mark for getting in touch to warn me about running too lean. Seeing that graph from the dyno really showed it was running very lean. Would not have liked to push the car regularly like that.
  3. +1 to that, I've never heard anything positive about the standard sat navs. Cookbooks did look very impressive when we all saw it up in Wales.
  4. Ah good to see guns is coming, the stillen should sound lovely in there
  5. Glad to hear it went well. The up rev is great isn't it, the car should have come out of the factory like that, it's the way it should always have been.
  6. Congratulations matey, she must seem pretty fast and powerful after the courtesy car.
  7. Nice one, looked at that blog before, keep it up. Nice review of the zed in there, can tell you have fallen for the car
  8. Unless you like lots of noise I wouldn't go for the k1, we see lots of new members go for the k1 despite the warnings and then a few months later they are up for sale again. It will be very loud. However I will say bennets k1 sounded amazing around the ring, it's in it's element, but travelling on the motorway there and back on the motorway did kill my ear drums.
  9. Definitely yes, if not your insurance will be void as the car does not represent the original policy you signed up for, and the insurance company only need the slightest excuse to void the policy. I told direct line everything I was going to do, they couldn't support the mods so they had to cancel my policy (no cancellation fee for me ) and I moved to sky insurance. They covered all my mods and came up with a premium £80 less than the original one with direct line. If your insurance company won't cover the spacers shop around like it did, it's not worth trying to risk it.
  10. Very good
  11. Stop it you two.......lol As a wise old smurf once said, "that's it now I'm happy with the car, no more mods"
  12. Welcome, nice little intro to the forum
  13. Best for someone more knowledgable than I to reply but my problem is not the berks but the combination of the up rev I had done prior to the berks and the berks. The up rev made the car run lean, the berks do that too making the car run very lean, hence why I need the up rev modified. Just berks should be fine but an up rev is a good idea to get the most from them. Regarding you worry about the mid range rasp of the berks, I can understand that, I was worried at first but noemi know it's a characteristic of the berks I'm not worried, I kinda like the sound. It only occurs when the car is under load between 4-4.5k revs. I would never go back to the old cats, car was way too quiet.
  14. I'm biased but it's got to be the bugatti type 35. Friend of the family has one and it sounds amazing. Was lucky enough to get a ride around silverstone in it, one of the highlights for me.
  15. Have a great trip, looking forward to the stories and pics Enjoy
×
×
  • Create New...