Jump to content

evilscorp

Members
  • Posts

    3,378
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by evilscorp

  1. Polishing my rod and measuring my big end Trying out my new tools in prep of the build, all big ends measure 55.02mm +0.01 for two of them but was just a rough check. (tiny bit under the eagle website specs 2.1670 to my 2.1661inch) no scratches on the rods just some black stains from the old bearings that wont come off (at least I know they have not spun previously) Not taken the new bearings out the plastic to measure them yet as there is no point until I get crank pins checked for sizes. Started her up for the first time in a few months with no issues bar having to charge the battery beforehand. New job and wedding will make this a slow progress build (along with collecting the parts ) Still need to find a good machine shop in Scotland, only response I have had is from shops down south (well, one in hull), which want me to bring a block in rather than give me a quote for the work I require.
  2. Wow that came up really well, nice one =)
  3. Welcome =)
  4. Welcome =)
  5. I had to drill out the old screws like yourself they sheared off at the head too, now got a zspeed but have to cable tie the front as the bumper holes don't line up (aftermarket bumper), if doing anything under the car wd40 the hell out it!
  6. I've got my own bodywork issues I can't be arsed tackling so what's the chance I will do yours lol. Got a fiberglass repair kit sitting gathering dust =-/ not sure what filler I would use on yours as it probably quite bendy/flexible? But kidding aside and you need a hand give me a shout altho bodywork isn't my speciality!
  7. Will the badge hole be filled? Interested in the rim protectors, need to have a good look nxt time.
  8. Maybe =p
  9. Thanks, yeah it seems most builders prefer to use it rather than mechanical gauges, but since this will be my first build it will be better to have two techniques (plus a machine shop if I ever get one!)
  10. I will take that offer =) pm you when I get home from work.
  11. Has anyone used this before? http://plastigauge.co.uk/shop/plastigauge-pl-a/ I have bought a bore gauge and micrometer also but would like to have a second way of checking my bearing clearance. Aiming for 0.002" or near top end of oem specification as my build wont be an hp/rpm monster. Cheers
  12. NM seen the post from Mr Greedy above. Probably cheaper for me to drive to Alex's than have one of yours shipped up. Also need the crank to have oem size pins as I have oem size bearings
  13. those canards
  14. I don't like the V3 but. . . . Wow that looks amazing! I think you are just lucky with your colour being so dam nice, it makes ugly stuff look like Jessica Alba.
  15. NOOOO! your car/bodykit is so nice at the moment mate
  16. Arrived today Thanks!
  17. Style is your best option, I wished I had never started looking at performance mods but I am of the mind if you make you car look aggressive it better have something to back it up. Stanced is all about the slow cool drive by 8-)
  18. Congratulations, trip up to Clark motorsport might be a shout, maybe even pick stuff up when I am there =) altho I would prefer to rock up in my Z not a Hyundai I10 so March'ish?lol
  19. Not sure why you would need to update it as the 350z is an old car maybe for new cars or manufacturers not listen on the menu. I have never had the engine management light on while using this but it has shown previous codes for air/fuel issues and it cleared them fine.
  20. No, just perfect fit, you can't take you off unless you remove the big jubilee clip. Remember, it's air inlet, so it's not blowing air through there to spit the filter out By collapsing, I ment like the problem some people have with the vortech air filter. Wasn't sure how sturdy mushroom filters were (I thought the vortech looked sturdy until I seen some people's pictures of it trying to enter the blower housing!)
  21. Wow! Now that's some overtime shift! How sturdy is the mushroom filter? No chance of collapsing ?
  22. Since you aren't running deatchwerks injectors, they are probably not the problem (right Sam =)
  23. My bad lol on my mobile so sometimes miss a post with scrolling issues (embarrassed smiley)
×
×
  • Create New...