Jump to content

evilscorp

Members
  • Posts

    3,378
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by evilscorp

  1. The R9 280 looks to be the cheapest bang for buck on graphics cards. How do you know what power PSU to buy? I was thinking £50 600W Corsair should do, 125GB Samsung SSD, the i5-4570, 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, a cheap large tower but cant find a descent motherboard that has wifi built in, I like the price and performance of the Z77 boards tho.
  2. Sorry was a incorrect mash of my small laptop keyboard, its an i5-4670K I am looking at, (sooo many numbers ) as for monitor I will probably use my 34" TV for a while, might buy a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can hide the tower a bit. As for budget (didnt help me much with the Z ) probably £700-800. Haven't researched SLI or crossfire cards much but I think the 7970 HD can (for the future...if needed) not sure about the R9 280.
  3. I had heard 8GB is recommended for the game, So one 8GB chip should do for the moment. I have used solidworks in the past and may eventually get it again so 16GB wouldnt be needed for a while. Edit* That was an interesting read, still going to stick with 8GB just to be safe.
  4. So who bought this and realised there PC is sh;t£ got this for my birthday (opened it a bit early ). I was going to buy it for the xbox 360 but after being underwhelmed by the beta graphics and number of players I opted for the Pc version. My laptop met the minimum requirements so thought it would be ok for a game now and again. Well... it only just runs, looks epic on the lowest settings and has me seriously thinking about building a high end gaming PC so I can up everything to ultra for some sexy action! This was not planned but since the Z is now off the road and not much more I can physically do to it myself... at the moment. I need a hobby for a few weeks/months. Thinking of i7-4670K 3.4GB processor, 8GB Ram (will upgrade to 16 later) 600W Corsar power supply, unsure of motherboard, R9-280 or a 7970 radeon 3GB graphics card, cheap CD drive and 500GB hard drive, not sure if I will bother with solid state or not, Cheap big tower to fit it all in. Any recommendations welcome and chime in to say what your using for BF4 and how its coping Not got mega bucks to spend but would like it to be more than able to cope with future next gen games. Cheers
  5. Happy Birthday mate, hope the missus has bought you a a forged engine and twin turbos...... or a nice woolly Christmas sweater
  6. Abbey's project Zed engine is what you are after. =)
  7. Fluidampr and ati are the only two dampened ones I know and I think they are both oversized/not much lighter. (ati may do an oem size but not looked into it.) Expect to pay $300+ for just that one pulley.
  8. OEM Crank pulley
  9. Me either, but the oem flywheel is dual mass so will act as dampening also I believe.
  10. No.
  11. I can confirm the standard pulley has a 2mm thick rubber ring inside it to act as dampening. If you need photos I will upload them later.
  12. Sorry didn't have a chance to find my old one, will try when I get in from work around 10.30pm to which I will post a picture.
  13. Are the pipes for the SC carbon? or a wrap? Also what size is the pipe that enters the throttle body? looks quite small diameter. Nice car btw, what spoiler is that, can't say I have seen one before.
  14. RT those look ace! but Zhorno you can always buy a can of plastidip and spray them black. Better to be done off the car but if you are in a hurry like I was, it can be done on the door.
  15. If I can be ass'd I will look out my old oem one which is in the garage. I believe it has a rubber ring somewhere on it. I have the AMS lightweight ones, no problems so far (16000+miles) but will be buying the Fluidampr pulley because it is slightly larger and will spin my supercharger faster and is dampened, ....... just in case, when the power becomes a bit too much
  16. Random place to post, but nice to hear about a novidem system. I have an old magazine review about a UK press car which had it fitted and it seemed really cool with the on off switch. Must be a shock when it only has 180hp when off. More info and pics would be nice. . . . In a new thread maybe lol.
  17. evilscorp

    Eyebrows

    no more nails tape or 3m etc.
  18. That's my thinking, every dyno is different so no way of comparison unless its the same model of dyno and same atmospheric conditions etc.
  19. Wow that is impressive for a DE engine car, anyone else got results from TDi like this?
  20. Think it was the Stillen one.
  21. Babyliss i-trim, charge lasts for ages and easy to set length with good accuracy. Good for morning shadow length, which most cheap trimmers cannot be set that low. Doesn't break the bank or have multiple changing heads.
×
×
  • Create New...