Jump to content

evilscorp

Members
  • Posts

    3,378
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by evilscorp

  1. Have u got an oil cooler?
  2. Crate has arrived at the port, just need to pay the silly amount of fee's to get it delivered here won't be doing this again. Also bought some other bits. More insulation for the attic. Tried test fitting these Cheers Dan for the idea.
  3. Shut lines on my siebon are bad, but apart from that you can't go wrong unless it is a private sale and they dont package it well, as they are easily chipped.
  4. Interesting looks like a VQ35 DE non rev-up with the HR twin manifold up top.
  5. Rev-up, not up rev, as the latter is a tuning software we use on our engines.
  6. Still on the oem =) but have a competition clutch 6puck in the attic.
  7. I may swap out my 660cc detchwerks at the end of the month so they will be up for grabs.
  8. Your not technically half full, your just halfway up the dipstick marker. As Dan said above you won't be putting much in, in fact I wouldn't bother, just wait and do a full change.
  9. I like her casual driving shoes approach, also your fabrication skills =)
  10. Did not see this coming! Good luck guys, if the haltech is up for a good price, I will have it.
  11. Gutted for you, hope you find something fun to replace her.
  12. Bypass valve came apart this morning, what a difference a slightly different tool makes! Shame I couldn't take any pics of how it looked before as it was kinda dirty and rusty inside. The main problem I could see was a small o-ring which was stretched and deformed, hopefully that was a cause of the boost leak. A trip to B&Q for some small o rings and job should have been done... but I dont have the right circlip pliers at home so struggling to compress the dam thing to put it back together, Asked the missus for help but she's not mechanically minded or strong enough to force the top hat back on while I squeeze with some long nose pliers. Also the spring was very rough, this pic was after I filed it but before the sandpaper was used. Don't expect these to last years (only been on the car 3years ) and a bit of rust (car very rarely gets used in the wet). Hope to have it back together tomorrow for a wee test drive before I head to NY.
  13. That blows, sucks when you know there was nothing you could do and a total freak accident caused by someone not paying attention. Hope you don't have much hassle with getting it looking sweet again.
  14. The other week at Dynatune The source(hopefully) of the boost leak at high rpm, either the coupling or the bypass valve. Changed the S/C oil ( was a bit milky, need to address the water getting in from the bonnet vents, only done 2500 miles or so since last change.) Also tried and failed to fit the timrod radius rod as I dont have the correct imperial allen heads Ended fitting the 1/8 spacers on all the bolts bar the stud at the back left, instructions were a bit vague for the strut brace refitting when using a plenum spacer. Nether my long nose pliers or my circlip pliers could get the big circlip off the bypass valve so I could clean the inside and check if its the cause of the boost leak. (trip to B&Q tomorrow for bigger ones).
  15. Gtfo! Another one Ian! Really? Lol.
  16. Cheers Dave, already had a quote for the garage from a company called all-tech seemed good, but will have some money set aside for unplanned things, then just take my time topping it up with goodies and toys (welding gear, compressors etc) Changed the oil on the car as it has been about a year since I last did it or 2750 miles Didn't use Race stuff as the engine will hopefully be rebuilt some time this year and it doesn't do many miles as I have just realized.
  17. Now to buy these before I buy tyres would not be wise, but i need these in my life!
  18. Hope to find out monday if my building warrant is finally through so I can begin building my big man cave, so I won't be working on the car again for a while (he says) as the next job was the boot wrap and removal of oem spoiler and fitting the BGW.
  19. Roof finished, I have noticed there are a bunch of scratches visible on the roof, must have had some grit on the scraper tool thing/on the wrap when it was lay on the living room floor for cutting Still, not after any show and sh#t awards, I like it so thats all that matters . Engine oil and supercharger are getting replaced tomorrow after my hangover goes, (tough nightshifts so hitting pub hard!) Then a trip to DynaTune in E.K. to sort out my hesitant throttle after the new intercooler + 3.12 pulley and 3" intake pipe.
  20. First attempt at wrapping, bit of a pain, and one tiny crease plus a few tiny imperfections. Shame this will be the easiest panel, the rest will be much much harder Also had a bit of bubbling in the paint, first signs of rust so took it back and sprayed anti rust primer, was being covered so didn't bother with a top coat.
  21. Front over fenders finally turned up now for a five week wait for the rest of they body mods
  22. Big roll of this stuff arrived today, Its satin black, camera phone isn't the best I will attempt the roof and A pillar trim sometime soon, have a tiny bit of bubbling on the paint near the windscreen seal so I will need to sort that first.
  23. Ouch just took another big hit in the wallet
×
×
  • Create New...