Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. haven't spent much time on here, only occasionally dropping bye now & again, point me in the right direction and I'll read it Just use the advanced search and you will find everything you need... there is also a very good buyers guide sticky in the general section
  2. Have a look on here you will soon pick up on the obvious things to check out, doesn't look a bad price for a dealer, but it is quite basic spec without rays etc... I would be worried if it hasn't been serviced for 2 years, should be 9k or 12 months surely... Oh and keys are expensive so get them to sort you out another I should point out for the record I am FAR from being an expert
  3. Can't someone extract the software from their unit and host it online somewhere?
  4. I'm almost a customer already
  5. Tim, do you still want the £10 you mentioned at the start?
  6. My first and only thought is why hammer it when cold at all...
  7. Unfortunately it's a marmite thing and although you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover it really limits the appeal and puts off people who otherwise be interested...
  8. Hands up who didn't see this the first time
  9. Well I'm not glad your staying It means I have to look at more pictures of your car and wish it was mine
  10. I can understand everyone being p****d off with the comments but saying that they shouldn't print it is surely censorship, after all it's only a reviewers opinion however crap it is. If I liked it and saw the comments it wouldn't change my mind
  11. No worries fella, must admit though I felt a bit bad when you posted up the problem.... maybe it's just cos it's an older unit... Just out of interest what adapter did you get so that all the steering wheel controls work, my adapter is a year old and the volume works but not the track forward & backwards, keep meaning to change it to the newer one...
  12. I love this Haribo Advert, Detective Mills reminds me of my mates daughter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-yRJAS8UQ
  13. Yeah I think NeilP had the Nismo Y Pipe that went with it... I would have been interested in a complete system...
  14. My Pioneer had a connection at the back, looking at the pics not sure if this one does or not, I suppose depending on how brave and how good at electronics you are you could connect a wire inside to the connector on the front and run it behind if that makes sense, maybe a decent I.C.E. place could do that... Damn shame as it looks a lovely unit, have you got any pics of it in the car?
  15. I think you are going to be a very busy boy John Might take you a bit longer to get to 20k posts with all the work coming your way.
  16. I agree on it being twitchy, I tried mine in SP7 but I had trouble pulling away I either went or stalled Yes it does work in all gears, the response in 4th or 5th is just as instant as the first 3, which I like because I'm not a traffic light dragster, just like a bit extra when overtaking etc. Thinking about it more I had new clutch / flywheel done at abbey, then a couple of weeks later got plenum spacer & new exhaust fitted at abbey too, then got the D1 so maybe that's why I noticed the difference so much
  17. I'm just praying this will be as good as the old PC version I had Not the best single player race game, but head to head it was the dogs danglies !
  18. Very true, cant beat the old Microprose Grand Prix games on the PC, technical setups & realistic damage Massive +1. I spent loads of my time on that game and I don't think anything has come close to it since which is shocking really!! That's the one I had on PC, I didn't get on with it but it was the most realistic one I've ever played, that's what I meant about a different version, maybe a special edition or something The lack of hands freaked me out a bit 1993 Version -
  19. I tend to agree, that's why I didn't go for one that needs to be 'manipulated' even though the DVLA sell them to entice you As far as I know it is ok to have a border, the picture on the left though needs to be the EU symbol though doesn't it? And the slogan at the bottom should be the dealer you get the plate from, is that correct
  20. Yeah but it never seems to be one or the other just a happy medium...
  21. Ouch Ouch and Ouch! Not the best day then, over £1k for Air conditioning £9 from Motor World
  22. It's always a trade off between an arcade game where you can bounce off walls / cars etc or simulation where you can do 40 or so laps then a slight mistake and it's history... difficult one to get right, I understand all the guys that want the latter but it is hardly going to sell then is it... So what you normally get is a compromise which had loads of computer aids to make it like an arcade game and not enough for the F1 geeks, sorry Darren and Beavis Maybe they should make two versions, an Arcade type one and a Hardcore F1 simulation
  23. Just recieved the V750 for my new Reg So obviously need to order some new plates... What are peoples views on what looks and what looks It is not one that has to be manipulated or spaced so what I need to decide on is - Font - Legal Background - Definite No Border - Yes or No and Colour Side Picture - Yes or No and Legal or Not Slogan - Yes or No and what to put.... On my other car which I got a reg for I got a black border and a black side badge with the george cross, it looks very good on a black car... not sure the same with blue will look good on an Azure... Im thinking keep it simple with no side pic and no slogan, and possibly no border but is this too boring I am not looking to move the plate from the standard UK spec position, but any pics appreciated from all you photo whores
  24. F1 games have always been a bit 'Techy' for me, I'm more a click and race guy I remember a F1 game I had on the PC, I wasn't very good at it as you had to set up everything, literally take HOURS to set the car up before you could play it properly... I went online, clicked auto setup and joined a FULL grand prix simulation, 100 laps or something.... the race started, I gunned it, straight into the back of a Japanese guys car I have NEVER heard anyone swear in Japanese but I'm guessing he just spent all night getting all the settings right, did practice after practice, set a qualifying lap and then had a knob like me ruin it all Darren be warned, if you go online avoid SpursMadDave if I ever get F1 I will be playing it like Demolition Derby
  25. I am sure that you can fix that. FIGHT !!!!!! Just kidding, thanks for some great info from two of the most knowledgeable guy on here I like the D1 it makes my Zed seem more alive and obviously responsive, I have never had a problem in the wet it just seemed the sensible thing to turn it off, I've been doing that for the 6 months or so since I had it, and with recent events on here I think it's even more relevant. Thanks for the info on the UpRev Mark, I have no doubt the UpRev is much more beneficial and certainly more complex than just plugging in a couple of boxes to the loud pedal! I will be booking in with your guys in the new year when my 90k service is due so might treat the old girl! Alex, you are a just crazy So I did remember right about you running both At the end of the day the D1 is a good choice for someone with limited funds or too far away from Abbey to travel ( I am neither )
×
×
  • Create New...