Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. It is Will's fault for buying a convertible
  2. A question to anyone that has had both a D1 Spec Throttle Controller and then had an UpRev remap. I realise of course that an UpRev is completely different to just sticking a box of tricks on your right hand pedal.... but I like the fact I can adjust the throttle so can both be used together? I normally have my D1 on Sport 5 but it can be very twitchy, even a sneeze or a fart can be so when it is wet like today I put it back to normal I did try putting it on econ but it just felt like I was towing a caravan!!! I understand that the UpRev includes making the throttle react much like with the D1, but then you are stuck with it rain or shine Is it possible to have an UpRev done and keep the D1, maybe putting it on econ when conditions are bad to counteract the throttle response... I have seen lots of throttle controller come up for sale when people have an UpRev done so maybe what I'm asking is pretty daft Thanks to anyone that takes the trouble to reply
  3. Cheers mate, I know what you, I had to get rid but didn't want too lol. Spoke to the guy earlier & he's very impressed with it. I did tell him about here & about nurrish's nav units so maybe hel be along. Tryin to get myself another mk4 golf but I've only really got £1500 ish lol Well a golf is not too bad, I bet you wont be rushing round ASDA worrying cos its in the car park like I do with the Zed, I am a demon with a trolley...lol
  4. I started to watch this but decided it was far too heavy for a Saturday night I am so with you there! I spent most of my Saturday evening flicking between Stephen Hawking and Cheryl Cole.... Anyway he should just admit the answer to Life, The Universe & Everything is 42 !
  5. Glad it all went ok in the end Darren, I'm expecting at least 100 posts a day ok, and look forward to seeing you back in the Zed asap top man
  6. Great pics Will / Bruce From what you have said Will, I think this picture really sums up spirit on the forum
  7. I went off Mars Bars a while back My favourite 4 words now Rafael Van Der Vaart
  8. If you find yourself behind 2 lorries overtaking each other on a dual carriageway with one going 2mph faster than the other Just sit in front of the lorry on the next hill and slow him right down and laugh as he tries to make 15 gear changes to avoid stalling Oh and don't tell any of my 300 or so drivers I said that (this is particularly effective on the A303)
  9. Not thought of it that way. Great comment and so true. Yes very true, and everyone thinks they are the best driver around... I'm sure I frustrate people as much as they frustrate me I think what makes me is people rushing, I am always early for everything and actually worry if there is even a slight chance of being late, but some people just rush everywhere and are late for everything.... Not too bad if all you do is run for a bus, but if you are undertaking lorries in a ton or so of metal its a different story... I too take no notice of people trying to race me, just not worth it... I have come to realise that someone doing 90mph in a Corsa is always going to go past me doing 70mph in my Zed and I check my manhood afterwards, to make sure is has not got smaller due to the embarrassment
  10. I take it none of them gave you that Zed feeling
  11. Glad you finally got it sold, if you see what I mean.... I think you should be glad you had a chance to have such a nice car BEFORE you had to settle down etc, most of us have to wait till the nest is empty before we start to enjoy ourselves All the best for the future
  12. He would probably get through at least one round of Britain's got Talent
  13. His Welsh accent sounds more Indian but then so does mine.... it's a fine line
  14. I think the fault is that you are filling it and expecting it to stay filled, just accept the fact your car is crying... it's probably tired from running all those LED's
  15. So when you win Dave, what time are you dropping it off at mine, for me to use for the week? I may take you for a ride, but only if you bring the clown mask
  16. Don't know what the problem is....
  17. What a cheek (1026) Do you not realise that your post count is intrinsically linked to the size of your manhood Unfortunately the more you post the smaller it gets... Hello Sarnie
  18. Had a similar experience except the car behind me decided he couldn't wait and undertook me and the lorry I was overtaking and a Volvo estate in front of that at about 100mph.... unfotunately for the Scooby driver shortly after this genius manoeuvre the two small blue lights that were fitted behind the Volvo grille started to flash.... I am sorry to say I couldn't resist giving him the internationally recognised hand gesture for 'oh dear that was unfortunate' as he pulled over onto the hard shoulder
  19. Busy then.... I work night's so technically it was free time
  20. PLAYING FIFA 11
  21. This pic made me cry a little.... I can kind of understand someone letting the outside get rotten but that's just wrong... It looks like the back seat of a Renault Scenic after the school run
  22. Did I read that right, you are calling all Zed owners pr1cks Run Paul, run very fast
  23. I've entered and will win so don't waste your time, Mods please delete this thread
  24. With other drivers in general... Driving home this morning on the M25 in appalling conditions, spray everywhere could hardly see a thing... 4 lanes of pretty heavy traffic, im in the outside lane as I don't want to get caught up in the queue's going onto the A2. Going maybe 65-70 and keeping a decent distance in front and what do I see... two headlights RIGHT up my exhaust and then he starts flashing like I have anywhere to go? No wonder I had a 2 hour journey to work the night before as there was a 4 car + 1 lorry pile up fatal accident just past the QE2 bridge. I work in Logistics and I send out 300 odd vehicles a day, we have had 2 units written off in the last couple of weeks alone... Everytime I go out I see someone driving like an absolute
×
×
  • Create New...