Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. :rant: :rant: I have always hated clowns
  2. +1 I know what you mean and trust me the weekend didn't help.... Firstly on Friday on the drive up through the Elan Valley behind Grahams car knowing mine is basically the same underneath as his albeit a little longer in the tooth.... Secondly keeping up with Will in his 370 on Saturday before and after lunch and having probably the best fun I have had at Wales It's hard not to be sentimental as at the end of the day I paid £10.5k for my old girl 3.5 years and 45,000 miles ago and apart from servicing and wear and tear items she has cost me the princely sum of £20 for a rear light ABS switch and has never ever let me down.... She is probably worth about £5k now once she is back to stock and I am happy with that, I can't put her up for sale on here as she is a daily drive and the Jag will be too so I can't be without a car hence a trade in will be done But onto bigger (40cm longer!) and better (sorry) things with the Jag, say what you like with the old man jokes (I know I have with biscuit) but it is one hell of a car even without the supercharger which is what I will be going for (Jim stop PMing me saying I NEED a supercharger ) and the fact I can pick one up for the same price as a 2nd hand 370 is just crazy but good crazy
  3. Powerslide..... Don't know what you mean
  4. Sometimes you have to be sensible, no point keeping the Zed and having to compromise on stuff or worse still not drive it You could get a nice TDI FR for bottom end of your budget then bypass the DPF with a new exhaust & remap. Then you get about 240bhp and enough torque to pull a house : That would be fun
  5. Well as soon as we got back from Wales we had a little trip to firstly a Mazda dealer for Mary to have a closer look at an MX-5 and the to a Jaaaag dealer for me to have a closer look at an XK, although slightly more cramped than the Zed if the drivers seat is completely lowered and back I fit at least as well and the driving position is great. It means the rear seats are completely pointless but thats not a problem Just got to find the right one now
  6. I have a Leon FR diesel, tax is still over £200 and economy is not great for a diesel, also pretty poor interior.... But... It's a fantastic machine, rapid, bundles of torque when you are on boost and very well equiped indeed. It's no Zed but I can honestly say I don't drive it and wish I was in the Zed all the time
  7. It was Humpys innocent remark actually
  8. Nice pics
  9. Cobblers. I was given one to try in comparison to mine and and it felt little different. Get more "improvement" from simply changing tyres to MPSS from the feed back on here. http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/nissan-370z-gt-edition Do you know that Vicky Parrot actually drove the 'new improved' 370z and even if she did has she driven the 'old' 370z... I think if I was in the market I would take Colin's opinion over any generic car review on the net If he says cobblers then I say cobblers with knobs on
  10. Me a gentleman Good luck with the sale
  11. Were you in the room next door? I'm struggling to figure out how you'd know otherwise! Cant quite believe you have somehow managed to turn that into something smutty Indeed thats my job
  12. Nice to see both of Keysers better halves.... Kim & his @rse
  13. Just saw a black one on the A2
  14. Yes but a standard car is worth pretty much the same, £2000 spent on the car = something that appeals to a very small % of possible owners now, thats why I said £1k too much unless you want to wait for the right person, which might well happen you never know...
  15. Yep!! Impossible to follow you, I thought I was gonna drive off a cliff edge on the Sunday morning!! You just need a bit more confidence in the car's ability Niki, but really there was nothing wrong with your driving, just a bit less braking in the twisty's. I just wish it was me pressing Dave's behind on Sunday morning instead of yours! Sorry my behind is in high demand.... Yes Will it was lots of fun : And yes Colin, I havd never been a fan of rubber but those were fantastic I could feel everything so much better
  16. "There was oil in there earlier I swear..."
  17. "We've had a big one, we are in the wall"
  18. Ken certainly does not need any pushing whatsoever...
  19. Jim I reckon £6250 is about right mate, unfortunately the ICE is not worth a lot to most people, most other good points about your car are just service items i.e. discs and pads, nice to know they are good quality but again add little value... If you can bring yourself to do it I would put the standard Bose back in and sell the ICE seperately to someone as an upgrade, I wouldn't expect it to affect anyone interested in the car or the price either way personally....
  20. Well.... You asked him how big Mary. Mary - "I meant his pulley!"
  21. £174 Get a Zunsport as CS says, guarteed to fit, and a lot cheaper too
  22. You were missed chopchop
  23. I love people that end a statement with FACT like it finishes an argument. Someone that finishes a statement with FACT is a tool..... FACT Hang on
  24. Back on topic I think Niki gave me a new nickname, Dangerous Dave
×
×
  • Create New...