Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. you are correct, but as stated my car wasnt getting up to temperature, but I believe this was due to a 62deg thermostat, Mishimoto ally rad with twin fans etc. I have now swapped the 62deg stat for a Mishimoto 67deg and seemed to help the car warming up before I took the cooler off. I would also agree, not the best time of year to be selling something like this, this side of xmas.... What you were finding was the water wasn't getting upto temperature which is probably down to both the fans and also the oil temps being too low to sustain the required water temp. If you fit an oil temp gauge you will be surprised how low the temps will be with something like this fitted. I went for a 13 row cooler as I thought the bigger one was probs over kill. If somebody wants to buy this for a daily, in the winter I'd recommend covering the cooler to block the airflow. This will allow the temps to come up as required probably. This is probs what I will do if I'm using it for a run in the winter. This kit is far more superior to the one I bought and has all the extras. Mines was very basic and more parts will be required to fit. If you don't sell it soon I may buy it off you at a later date to steal some of the bits from it for fitting mines. Good luck with the sale mate
  2. The problem is that it's track orientated and you've documented on your build thread that your car wasn't coming upto temperature in the cold weather with it fitted. Nobody who does normal driving would purchase this piece of kit knowing this and sadly there isn't that many track day go-ers on here. Fabulous piece of kit though and if I didn't buy one the other week then I would have it off you.
  3. Happy Birthday Liam! All the best mate!
  4. When u put led's in ur headlight will look yellowish in comparison
  5. I think the fact the poll was put up to decide and by the looks of it the people on here have voted. We should go with what the poll says.
  6. You're just saying that because your car isn't on it I agree it has become somewhat of a friends voting for friends contest but I do however think it should still be a poll. I would urge people to vote for the nicest photos rather than there mates car.
  7. Adrian flux do a policy with a lay up term I'm sure
  8. Neil just likes squeezing things Sent from the golf club... Only yours Dave I had to do this with mines as the airlock was further down into the block
  9. This ^^^ beware the screw comes out quickly and can fall down into the engine bay and thereafter a goner! U may have to squeeze coolant pipes to encourage the flow a little. These may be roasting hot also!
  10. Adrian flux
  11. Most specialists will do a laid-up policy for this sort of thing so you're still covered for theft when the car has been sorned
  12. Sounds like an air lock in the engine. Has coolant been changed recently?
  13. Neilp

    2014 Calendar

    Jim I just realised that hotmail decreases the quality of the photos when emailed. I will give you the link to my Flickr account to download them from there in high res
  14. Lol @ Dave!
  15. Private road and thanks Looks like it from the headlights coming the other way and the indicators being used struggling with traction a fair bit. Some right foot adjustment required! Looks a little laggy compared to some of the tt zeds ive been inz Apart from that sounds good and looks quick Genurally was a private road lol and can assure absolutely no lag what so ever, tarmac was cold and damp, reason for loss of so much traction, all fun though lol there's always lag on turbos unless ur using nos or an anti-lag system. Looks like your not on the power band till about 4k rpm ish from the video.
  16. can you post a photo as the rays wheels were the wheels on all years of the cars(some as an upgrade). There was cheaper heavy fat 6 spoke wheels which are worth nothing now really. 500 quid for a set of rays with tyres are a bargain.
  17. Thanks for the info, but i dont like too much the v1 style.... i was looking for V2 (as my actual one) or V3... That was my first fiberglass bodykit and i've been shocked by how much it can sux. Never in life buy again fiberglass prducts Thanks again I think the quality of the fibreglass makes a big difference. I have a nismo genuine front end and its withstood some real abuse on road and on track and isn't in too shabby a condition tbh.
  18. Private road and thanks Looks like it from the headlights coming the other way and the indicators being used struggling with traction a fair bit. Some right foot adjustment required! Looks a little laggy compared to some of the tt zeds ive been inz Apart from that sounds good and looks quick
  19. You can get a PU front bumper from Aerokit in the states. Looks like a nismo v1
  20. You defo should. Bring those southerners Keyser and bob with you aswell
  21. Lol that was my first thought! Welcome!
  22. Neilp

    Clutch

    Generally the flywheels fail shortly after the clutch is changed tbh. Worth to get done at the same time just for a piece of mind thing so you don't have to fork out labour costs again 6 months down the line. Plenty of traders on here will do you a decent price.
  23. 5 minutes with a hair dryer before setting off should do it... Yeah or tyre heaters until you take them off and start driving lol. The ground sucks the heat out of everything when cold. Doesn't matter how cold the ground is tbh. The weight of the car and the friction is what generates heat. Ive used r888's in damp/wet days and found them better than the ps2's in similar conditions. R888's don't like standing water and thats about it. Its purely because the compound is medium/soft and they're very easy to warm up in comparison to other tyres.
  24. Neilp

    Lowering

    eibach springs are great! they are pretty low though
  25. I have a different model and its a fantastic piece of kit for the money!
×
×
  • Create New...