Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. i have the s4000 irfan and the pics are brilliant on it
  2. Urr does having 500bhp mean you're always using all of it? Correct me if i'm wrong but does that supercharger makes all that power from sod all revs? People are so scared of the zed as it is in winter, simply don't get why tbh. Not at all mate. But why take the risk? All I did was change lanes at 25mph, hit a patch of ice, span 720 degrees, almost wiping out 2 other cars. It's easy done the more powerful the car is as you use less throttle. A slight tap too hard on some ice or slush etc and you are facing the wrong way. I drove my Zed in the winter as it was my only car, but it only had OEM power, and if it even looked like going below 5 degrees I used public transport. The memory of those pics still haunt me ! I still get a little freaked out when I drive down that road. Even when I'm only driving my Honda piece of crap it was some mess! Just shows what can happen even when your driving cautiously. People don't realise how little amount of ice or oil can really upset a car
  3. Urr does having 500bhp mean you're always using all of it? Correct me if i'm wrong but does that supercharger makes all that power from sod all revs? People are so scared of the zed as it is in winter, simply don't get why tbh. Not at all mate. But why take the risk? All I did was change lanes at 25mph, hit a patch of ice, span 720 degrees, almost wiping out 2 other cars. It's easy done the more powerful the car is as you use less throttle. A slight tap too hard on some ice or slush etc and you are facing the wrong way. I drove my Zed in the winter as it was my only car, but it only had OEM power, and if it even looked like going below 5 degrees I used public transport. The memory of those pics still haunt me !
  4. fujifilm finepix s4000 bridge camera. Good if you learn to use it on manual mode
  5. Neilp

    Options

    Braided lines give much better pedal feel and a much more precise brake especially on spirited drives. I'd personally go with yellowstuff pads and rbf600 with braided lines. I use yellowstuff on road and they're great value for money and not overly dusty. I have used them on track and they withstand a good beating
  6. Neilp

    Options

    I use bluestuff and yellowstuff pads on track with very aggressive driving and they are fantastic value for money. Bluestuff and rbf660 fluid is my favourite combination for track
  7. very true, its why if weight is an issue you want the lightest wheels possible to account for the increase in tyre weight. you can get some of the benefits in 18 by going for a wider 18" wheel, and choosing a tyre with good strong stiff side walls or reinforced tyres, most reinforceds have the letters XL next to them. so if you see 2 identical tyres but ones more expensive its often becasue its reinfoced, or a different compond designed for a specific manufacturer. if its manufacturer specific, it has extra letters (code for each manfucaturer) the only ones who tend to have these are audi, jaguar, merc, porsche and ferrari are the most common. you can go lower profile on zed 18"s but you might suffer TCS issues, but turning it off fixes that if i was purely interested about tracking the zed for maximum benefit. i'd go with the lightest 18" with a wide stance and add lower profile tyres. i would have shed the unsprung weight improved the grip and reduced the tyre roll and increased steering and car feedback. 18" rays with r888's with a 40 profile instead of 45 = Perfect
  8. This is ^^^
  9. No offence taken I'm happy you and others actually take the time to read my threads, getting feedback and opinions (positive and negative) is great - maybe I should get out more But out of interest why? Jus different, a passion for Mini's or because brining this one back to life is going to be a real challenge? It's because Ricey likes girls cars
  10. Spotted before and got mocked for the Renault sport badge it has on the rear
  11. Thank you Neil Are you signed up gor Knockhill tonight? Patch, Best to go for the Exedy clutch kit, Gates belts and the uprated rear links, none of which Nissan will sell you. All in stock and good to go same/next day Drop me a PM if I can help you further Alex Started a new job on Monday mate so wouldn't be able to get finished early enough at short notice. What's the next one your at and I'll book a holiday and get up and show you how much my driving has improved
  12. If you need a clutch you will also new a flywheel and even at cost price from Nissan I doubt he will beat zmanalex's prices
  13. Good stuff mate! Get your testing and inspection. License to print money. I'm sure you can do that with very minimal qualifications also
  14. I thought you needed level 3 nvq to be qualified as an electrician? Well Done with it! Hope it all works out and you end up where you want to be. Electrical maintenance is the money maker nowadays and not very hard. You can sit inspection and testing also which makes a very nice sum of cash for not much work.
  15. Neilp

    picure whoring....

    Defo on the list of my top 5 favourite zeds you made the correct choice with wheels, stance and skirts
  16. We was running the Syvecs a few weeks ago on the dynapack , just waiting for some firmware updates before we go my 350 back on the dyno to finish a few things off like the traction control. How did it go? Is it a worth while change in your opinion from the haltech piggyback?
  17. It's the piggy back platinum pro system but I'm gonna rip it out and go for the syvecs standalone I think so I can do away with the seperat nos controller. If I knew haltech were releasing a full stand alone system I would have went for that but I didn't lol
  18. 300 a year isnt realistic. Go onto camskill tyres and price 245/45/18 and 225/45/18 tyres and you will get a realistic price. Youre about 500 quid for a cheap set of falkens or something similar
  19. Thats a brill price if its 5w30! remember the zed needs just short of 5 litres though
  20. There is an uprated kit available from zmanalex
  21. http://www.hdwallpapersarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Black-Rose-black-27294423-420-303.jpg[/ img]
  22. it was the guys at driftworks on here selling them, think josh speed bought from them same with pipe diameter etc, makes me laugh when guys with little 1.1 engines stick big bore exhausts on with giant cans, its like farting in a cave engine must drop about 15% in performance, but feel quicker as it makes so much noise Lol yeah exactly!
  23. £800 for a clutch? Clutch flywheel combo, they go in pairs. It may even be cheaper as I haven't had to buy one yet.
  24. It's like the 350 with Nissan. They want over 2k for a clutch when in reality you can buy it on here at 800 odd quid. Your friend should search owners clubs etc before forking out all that cash
×
×
  • Create New...