Jump to content

Vik54

Members
  • Posts

    7,471
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Vik54

  1. Nutter!! Excel = bad language to me today hate it hate it evil spawn of devil, obtuse, b*stard of a programme or it might just be the fact that my admin can't trace certain transactions from the last six months to give it the right info in first place to work with
  2. But Jim, One of those is the winning combo, come on, give a mate a chance..... Dude - did you actually spend time typing up all those combinations?
  3. Yeah sure you do It was the grown up pick and I was quick to point out to her that the hair in the corner of the pick belonged to your partner Christopher!!
  4. Nemo's got his own cozy hutch wish I had one for Saffy
  5. I think I've got four some are impossible BTW One of the girls at work peered over my shoulder last week and pointed you out and gave it the "Phwoaarr""
  6. Ahem....you know me too Who popped your track pax cherry? Welcome to the mad house
  7. New date for Hot Marques added see OP
  8. well at least you can't mess your hair up
  9. the lid would mess his hair up !
  10. S-L-O-W Vicky
  11. yup I think they're the red Brides
  12. c'mon c'mon - spill...what is it?
  13. Welcome to the forum Looks fun
  14. Vik54

    Decided!

    You've changed your tune Neily! You've had your yellow stuff on for the two track days you've done and minimal road use correct? If you did higher milege and more TDs you would've needed to replace them twice over by now. My Ferrodos have been on since April so thats five track days and at least 10k miles - I've only just been given a warning to get ready to replace the fronts No-one can deny that the yellow stuff do their job for the money but surely its false economy?
  15. Vik54

    Decided!

    I have done but there is so much choice and people give different advice- hard to know which is best... I am only a daily driver around town... Go for standard brakes with no grooves or drilled. Drilled might crack and grooved ones will skim your pads. You dont need super track discs or anything. +1 - stick with brembo Can't you get brembo slotted discs? yeeeess and your point is?
  16. Duno about tracks down you way but buy a car bra if you're that bothered about chipping
  17. Vik54

    Decided!

    I have done but there is so much choice and people give different advice- hard to know which is best... I am only a daily driver around town... Go for standard brakes with no grooves or drilled. Drilled might crack and grooved ones will skim your pads. You dont need super track discs or anything. +1 - stick with brembo
  18. Sorry I totally disagree with that statement about EBC. I have no issues with the EBC turbogrooves and yellowstuffs that I am running, even on the track. The yellowstuffs even have good cold bite for winter driving. yeah but how long do they last? I have to admit never used them but everyone I know who has is not happy with them Other uprated pads such as DS2500's can give you some bottom twitching moments until you get some heat into them. news to me - I've run them with Brembo rotors and the PF/DBA combo - never had and 'bottom twitching moments' - even when driving in -10 last January I'm not saying they are rubbish though, I've found they are better on the track than the Yellowstuffs but occassionally a little scary on the road. really weird - what lines and fluid were you using? At the end of the day its how much cash you have to spend and what you are going to use them for. If you can afford and want something that looks good the more you pay the more bling you get. If you just want an upgrade over standard for occasional trackdays and road use I would reccommend the turbogrooves and yellowstuffs or turbogrooves and DS2500's. Whatever route you go make sure you check the runouts during installation and take your time stress relieving them. Failure to do these are the biggest reasons people suffer with brake vibration. Hope this helps Steve
  19. Vik54

    Decided!

    Go read the Brakes subforum Then set your budget and save up if need be for something decent
  20. Vik54

    my car

    Flagpole !!
  21. Might as well see the Lake District at leisurely pace Neither of us have been before so thought it could be wee mini break...Thelma & Louise part II
  22. can't be real Made me feel quite queezy actually
  23. must be a Marmite thing...certainly not for me
×
×
  • Create New...